Quantcast

Anyone ship bikes via DHL before?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I know my lbs does and I shipped my laptop to IBM because they pre-paid for it. But has anyone shipped a bike out using them rather than the usual suspects?

I have had good luck with FedEx, but I no longer have a FedEx local since I moved. I was thinking of dropping it at the shop and have them ship it out when DHL shows up next time.

Your thoughts?

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
I recently shipped a frame DHL with no complaints. It may have been my shipping desk screwing up (they seemed confused that such a big box weighed so little), but the price was way cheaper than what UPS quoted me.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
My experience with DHL has been better than with UPS and Fedex (And I'm rabidly pro UPS). Whilst their retail edges are a bit rough, if you understand what you're doing, they're better than both major carriers. Faster, more secure, more nimble. If they have room on a next-day plane for your ground package, they'll throw it on (happened to me on more than one occasion).

What can you do when Germans are running the whole operation? :p

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
I have used all the big 3 on a regular basis when shipping oversized items and I would rank them UPS, DHL, and then crappy @ss Fed X....D