Quantcast

Anyone use an Ochain thingy?

jrewing

Monkey
Aug 22, 2010
Maydena Oz
Hell yeah...yeah I am waiting for the new easy version since they cost me the same...may just grab one for the other bike and new version for big bike.

Did you notice any void when pedalling right away or maybe questionable pedal stroke where it feels damped?

Just wondering for use on Enduro setup.
On an enduro, yes youll notice it in the pedal stroke, If you like quick engagement. But track depending and with the ability to adjust externally, this could be minimised.
Im not running mine atm as i just built my new Fury frame up. Curious to see if my knees ache again after a big day of hitting rough tracks. With the Ochain this was reduced significantly.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
On an enduro, yes youll notice it in the pedal stroke, If you like quick engagement. But track depending and with the ability to adjust externally, this could be minimised.
Im not running mine atm as i just built my new Fury frame up. Curious to see if my knees ache again after a big day of hitting rough tracks. With the Ochain this was reduced significantly.
Hadn't even thought of the input to joints, I get nerve issues left foot after riding hard....have issues on stairs going down once in a while but always after a aggressive day...

Be curious to see if some of that would be reduced as well....

So adjustable and drop it back to locked on new one or 4 and run it there...????

Short cranks have helped knees for sure ..I'm going back to shorter ones again..

jrewing

Monkey
Aug 22, 2010
Maydena Oz
Yea running at minimal freeplay for climbing. Pinch tracks and the other way for rough descents would be ideal on Enduro. I had the earlier spec without that, set at 9? Degree id not like it for techy pinchy tracks.
I suspect your ankle will be better off at the end of the day.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Yea running at minimal freeplay for climbing. Pinch tracks and the other way for rough descents would be ideal on Enduro. I had the earlier spec without that, set at 9? Degree id not like it for techy pinchy tracks.
I suspect your ankle will be better off at the end of the day.
Well the east version will be here tomorrow I'll order another for the slash....since I only pedal if I have too..so swap it for the "C" (booooo) word and then wide open for the downhill..

Yeah If for no other reason I'm excited to see if it helps with ankle and nerves...if not I'm sure the bump could moliamce alone is worth it but the thought of helping pain has me kind of excited now.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Thoughts on it!
Even low engagement hubs it's a crap shoot where the next engagement is at and if it starts to walk it chunder type hits it will ratchet.

O-chain starts of zero regardless and has full degrees.

Can run a higher engagement hub and this will do it's job, but curious to how sloppy it would be with a 18pt and 12* setting

How long will the elastomers last before needing to be replaced and or start to get weak

Longer term effects of wet riding or heat on elastomers say Arizona