Quantcast

Anything like this ever happen to you on a plane?

Batman

Monkey
May 20, 2002
Mississauga
Latest email. Reminded me of some things i've heard while in flight.

> All too rarely, airline attendants make an effort to
>
> > make the in-flight "safety lecture" and announcements a bit more
>
> > entertaining. Here are some real examples that have been heard or
>
> >reported:
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > On a Continental Flight with a very "senior" flight
>
> > attendant crew, the pilot said, "Ladies and gentlemen, we've reached
>
> > cruising altitude and will be turning down the cabin lights. This is
>
> >for your comfort and to enhance the appearance of your flight
attendants."
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > Heard on a Southwest Airline flight. "Ladies and
>
> > gentlemen, if you wish to smoke, the smoking section on this airplane
>
> >is on the wing and if you can light 'em, you can smoke 'em."
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > On landing, the stewardess said, "Please be sure to
>
> > take all of your belongings. If you're going to leave anything, please
>
> >make sure it's something we'd like to have."
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > "There may be 50 ways to leave your lover, but there are only 4 ways
>
> > out of this airplane"
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > "Thank you for flying Delta Business Express We hope
>
> > you enjoyed giving us the business as much as we enjoyed taking
>
> > you for a ride."
>
> >
>
> > As the plane landed and was coming to a stop at
>
> > Ronald Reagan, a lone voice came over the loudspeaker: "Whoa, big
>
> >fella. WHOA!"
>
> >
>
> > After a particularly rough landing during thunderstorms in Memphis, a
>
> > flight attendant on a Northwest flight announced, "Please take care
>
> >when opening the overhead compartments because, after a landing like
that,
>
> > I'm sure as hell everything has shifted."
>
> >
>
> > From a Southwest Airlines employee: "Welcome aboard Southwest Flight
>
> > 245 to Tampa To operate your seat belt, insert the metal tab into the
>
> >buckle, and pull tight. It works just like every other seat belt; and,
>
> >if you don't know how to operate one, you probably shouldn't be out in
>
> > public unsupervised"
>
> >
>
> > "In the event of a sudden loss of cabin pressure, masks will descend
>
> > from the ceiling. Stop screaming, grab the mask, and pull it over
>
> >your face. If you have a small child traveling with you, secure your mask
>
> > before assisting with theirs. If you are traveling with more than one
>
> > small child, pick your favorite."
>
> >
>
> > Weather at our destination is 50 degrees with some broken clouds, but
>
> > we'll try to have them fixed before we arrive. Thank you, and
>
> >remember, nobody loves you, or your money, more than Southwest Airlines."
>
> >
>
> > "Your seat cushions can be used for flotation; and, in the event of
>
> >an emergency water landing, please paddle to shore and take them with
>
> >our compliments."
>
> >
>
> > "As you exit the plane, make sure to gather all of
>
> > your belongings. Anything left behind will be distributed evenly
>
> >among the flight attendants. Please do not leave children or spouses."
>
> >
>
> > And from the pilot during his welcome message: "Delta Airlines is
>
> > pleased to have some of the best flight attendants in the industry.
>
> > Unfortunately, none of them are on this flight!
>
> >
>
> > Heard on Southwest Airlines just after a very hard landing in Salt
>
> >Lake City: The flight attendant came on the intercom and said, "That was
>
> >quite a bump, and! I know what y'all are thinking I'm here to tell you it
>
> >wasn't the airline's fault, it wasn't the pilot's
>
> > fault, it wasn't the flight attendant's fault, it was the asphalt."
>
> >
>
> > Overheard on an American Airlines flight into Amarillo, Texas, on a
>
> > particularly windy and bumpy day: During the final approach, the
>
> > Captain was really having to fight it. After an extremely hard
>
> >landing, the Flight Attendant said, "Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to
> Amarillo.
>
> > While the Captain taxis what's left of our airplane
>
> > to the gate!"
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > Another flight attendant's comment on a less than
>
> > perfect landing: "We ask you to please remain seated as Captain
>
> >Kangaroo bounces us to the terminal."
>
> >
>
> > An airline pilot wrote that on this particular flight he had hammered
>
> > his ship into the runway really hard. The airline had a policy which
>
> > required the first officer to stand at the door while the passengers
>
> >exited, smile, and give them a "Thanks for flying our airline. "He
>
> >said that, in light of his bad landing, he had a hard time looking the
>
> > passengers in the eye, thinking that someone would have a smart
>
> >comment Finally everyone had gotten off except for a little old lady
> walking
>
> >with a cane. She said, "Sir, do you mind if I ask you a question?"
>
> >"Why, no, Ma'am," said the pilot. "What is it?" The little old lady
>
> >said, "Did we land, or were we shot down?"
>
> >
>
> > After a real crusher of a landing in Phoenix, the attendant came on
>
> >the horn, "Ladies and Gentlemen, please remain in your seats until Capt.
>
> >Crash and the Crew have brought the aircraft to a screeching halt
>
> >against the gate. And, once the tire smoke has cleared and the warning
>
> > bells are silenced, we'll open the door and you can pick your way
>
> >through the wreckage to the terminal."
>
> >
>
> > Part of a flight attendant's arrival announcement:
>
> > "We'd like to thank you folks for flying with us today. And, the next
>
> > time you get the insane urge to go blasting through the skies in a
>
> >pressurized metal tube, we hope you'll think of US Airways."
>
> >
>
> > A plane was taking off from Kennedy Airport. After it
>
> > reached a comfortable cruising altitude, the Captain made an
>
> > announcement over the intercom, "Ladies and gentlemen, this is your
>
> > captain speaking. Welcome to Flight Number 293, nonstop from New York
>
> >to Los Angeles. The weather ahead is good and, therefore, we should have
a
>
> >smooth and uneventful flight. Now sit back and relax... OH, MY GOD!"
>
> >Silence followed, and after a few minutes, the captain came back on
>
> >the intercom and said, "Ladies and Gentlemen, I am so sorry if I scared
>
> >you earlier. While I was talking to you, the flight attendant
>
> >accidentally spilled a cup of hot coffee in my lap. You should see the
> front of my
>
> > pants!" A passenger in Coach yelled, "That's nothing. You should see the back of mine!"

J

JRB

The reagan national one is so true. When I flew to DC it felt like we landed without a plane.

Those were damn funny.

"were we shot down?"

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Not going to read through all of those.

Was on a puddle jumper once and the attendant did her speach as we were landing... "Before you leave the plane, please make sure you have all your carry on items. If you do leave something behind, please make sure it is something I can use. Otherwise, you can find your lost items on e-bay."

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
On a commuter jet to Little Rock the attendant is going thru her spiel and says something to the effect that in the case of cabin decompression oxygen masks will come down from here, ONCE YOU ARE DONE SCREAMIN' YOUR HEAD OFF, please put them on like this.

I look up and around no one has even moved. I look at her and she winks at me.

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
oh man that last one cracked me up so much, it made me spit out my food, now theres swedish meatball all over my computer desk.
cheers for that!!! :thumb:

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
lol, once (the snowfall in 2000 i think) i spent a new years eve in miami airport, and we had a pretty cool party in the hangar with like around 2 hundred people stuck in that hangar.

there was alcohol (i was 17 at the time) and everything. then we boarded a un-scheduled jumbo jet to continue to NY with all the people and the flyhostess made cool paper hats, and we drank, talked. kinda like a nice party in the plane during the flight, because we were all stuck in miami for more than a day and we all kinda made friends with each other.

it wasnt that bad after all.

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
When I first got my private pilots licence I was trying to impress a certain girl. When I told her that I was a student pilot she thought I was full of it. So I told her to meet me at the airport the next day and would take her up. So I get my bosses Cessna 182 that got this HUGE motor in it and decide that I'll take her for a sunset flight over Lake Tahoe. We get up to about 8500' and she is just in awe of the sunset, and just as i think I'm just soooooooo cool. I look over at her and said "do you like that". She said "It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen". Then I just looked at her and said "well how do you like it now"! I then slammed the yoke to the right as far as it would go and did a perfect 1g roll. I look over and she's about to puke all over the airplane. Get her the sick sac and off she went. She was so pissed that she made me turn back NOW. Never saw her after that.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
dhtahoe said:
When I first got my private pilots licence I was trying to impress a certain girl. When I told her that I was a student pilot she thought I was full of it. So I told her to meet me at the airport the next day and would take her up. So I get my bosses Cessna 182 that got this HUGE motor in it and decide that I'll take her for a sunset flight over Lake Tahoe. We get up to about 8500' and she is just in awe of the sunset, and just as i think I'm just soooooooo cool. I look over at her and said "do you like that". She said "It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen". Then I just looked at her and said "well how do you like it now"! I then slammed the yoke to the right as far as it would go and did a perfect 1g roll. I look over and she's about to puke all over the airplane. Get her the sick sac and off she went. She was so pissed that she made me turn back NOW. Never saw her after that.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

That's classic man, just f#cking classic :thumb: :D :D :D :D

J

JRB

dhtahoe said:

This is the best ever self imposed cock block. :thumb:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Brian HCM#1 said:
Too funny, Southwest air waitress's seem to be the best.
Yeah, except for the fact that most of those are olllld and have never actually been uttered except during the telling of jokes like these...

All of these kinds of things are funny, but I'm always amused by the ones that preface the email by saying: "This really happened!" or "No joke!" - 99.9% of them are urban legends - like the old Ms. Field's cookie recipe that was sold for "two fifty".

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I was on a flight full of high school kids. As we were on our final approach the pilot aborted the landing and came around for another attempt. Seeing what kind of trouble I could cause I leaned over to my friend and said in a not so quiet voice "I bet the landing gear is jammed". The level of tension skyrocketed in the cabin and the little kiddies spread the gossip around the plane, I think one girl started to cry. A few minutes later the captain ruined my fun announcind they aborted the landing because there was debris reported on the runway.

J

JRB

Westy said:
I was on a flight full of high school kids. As we were on our final approach the pilot aborted the landing and came around for another attempt. Seeing what kind of trouble I could cause I leaned over to my friend and said in a not so quiet voice "I bet the landing gear is jammed". The level of tension skyrocketed in the cabin and the little kiddies spread the gossip around the plane, I think one girl started to cry. A few minutes later the captain ruined my fun announcind they aborted the landing because there was debris reported on the runway.

haha - when I flew back from Tampa in January into Houston I tried to start panic when I noticed part of the wing was missing. Everyone was drunk and I was the only person stressed the phuck out. It was just a cover, but my buddy that is an aerospace engineer said it should not have flown. The stewardess was all, who cares really??? Glad I am still posting stupid crap now though. New rule for me is, missing a part, leave the plane.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Westy said:
A few minutes later the captain ruined my fun announcind they aborted the landing because there was debris reported on the runway.

Isn't that code for "Landing gear Jammed"?

I gennerally get stuck next to someone that is about 400lbs. One time however I got stuck in a window seat when the guy next to me was body builder size. So instead of his gut flowing over the seat, his shoulders are pushing me into the window. Turns out he owns part of Pats CheeseSteaks in philly(family owned)
He also owns Hurricane customs in Daytona beach. He started showing me parts and bikes on his laptop. Then he starts showing me people... Then he says. This is my girlfriend in Florida. The picture opens...there she is! She doesn't have any cloths on. Wow, very nice, I say. "And this is my girlfriend in Philladelphia" Again, not a stitch!
Now I don't know about you but I know I have never shown pictures of my girlfriend naked too...well...anyone. But here I am on a plane with a guy I meet about 30 minutes before and I see BOTH of his GF's naked.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Motionboy2 said:
Isn't that code for "Landing gear Jammed"?

I gennerally get stuck next to someone that is about 400lbs. One time however I got stuck in a window seat when the guy next to me was body builder size. So instead of his gut flowing over the seat, his shoulders are pushing me into the window. Turns out he owns part of Pats CheeseSteaks in philly(family owned)
He also owns Hurricane customs in Daytona beach. He started showing me parts and bikes on his laptop. Then he starts showing me people... Then he says. This is my girlfriend in Florida. The picture opens...there she is! She doesn't have any cloths on. Wow, very nice, I say. "And this is my girlfriend in Philladelphia" Again, not a stitch!
Now I don't know about you but I know I have never shown pictures of my girlfriend naked too...well...anyone. But here I am on a plane with a guy I meet about 30 minutes before and I see BOTH of his GF's naked.
I always get stuck next to the fat guy, and they never show me pictures of nekkid chicks.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Westy said:
I always get stuck next to the fat guy, and they never show me pictures of nekkid chicks.
I had a fat guy in the seat in front of me on a coast to coast. I was in the emergency exit row and the seats are not supposed to recline in front of that row. Well the guy in front of me was heavy enough to overpower the seats. The stewardess, who was one of the only hot stewardesses I have ever seen, had to relocate him to a seat with a wall behind it.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I always get stuck next to the creepy, serial-killer types who breathe heavily and closely watch everything you do... I was on a flight at 2am one morning and dozed off next to one of those types (I try not to do that, but I was exhausted). When I woke up and opened my eyes (I hadn't moved a muscle except to open my eyes), the first thing I saw was the guy leaning a little over my seat and staring at me.

It was sheer strength of will that kept me from following my gut reaction which was to yelp and punch him in the face.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I did sit next to a hot chick flying in to Kalispell Mt once. She was very cool to but kept saying "right on". So I turned it into a game to see how many times I could get her to say right on. I won but I was the only one playing. Turned out she was married though:(.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
loco-gringo said:
haha - when I flew back from Tampa in January into Houston I tried to start panic when I noticed part of the wing was missing. Everyone was drunk and I was the only person stressed the phuck out. It was just a cover, but my buddy that is an aerospace engineer said it should not have flown. The stewardess was all, who cares really??? Glad I am still posting stupid crap now though. New rule for me is, missing a part, leave the plane.
There wasn't something that looked like this running around on the wing, was there?

-S.S.-

J

JRB

Westy said:
I did sit next to a hot chick flying in to Kalispell Mt once. She was very cool to but kept saying "right on". So I turned it into a game to see how many times I could get her to say right on. I won but I was the only one playing. Turned out she was married though:(.

What was it the cop kept saying in Super Troopers???

edit - nevermind - it was meow. Funny.

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
There wasn't something that looked like this running around on the wing, was there?

-S.S.-

No - and you visit some really phucked up websites. :confused:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i've ridden Southwest airlines and those guys are ALWAYS telling those and other jokes. it's pretty cool..... Had a rough icey windy landing at Chicago where we went to the side on United airlines, the passengers we all said "Whoah" in unison. Nobody said anything funny on the landing... :think:

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Skookum said:
i've ridden Southwest airlines and those guys are ALWAYS telling those and other jokes. it's pretty cool..... Had a rough icey windy landing at Chicago where we went to the side on United airlines, the passengers we all said "Whoah" in unison. Nobody said anything funny on the landing... :think:
My dad was on a Southwest flight once and one of the, ahemmm, sky waitresses went to the front of the cabin, got out an acoustic and started singing and playing for the passengers.

I started to adopt a practice my uncle started on flights. When they give you the speech about the mask and such and explain how to put it on, say (rather loudly and with a hint of worry right before they explain it to you) "but what if I am with small child?" When the answer is given, nod and look relieved. Works for the video instructions as well.