Quantcast

Apologizing to my fellow monkey's

Hey all,(This is the original WARider otherwise known as Josh)

I just wanted to apologize for my roomate. You see we share the same computer with some other guys so sometimes they don't log off and log onto their names, (some don't even have any and they just use mine)... One of my roomate's decided to start a controversial thread while I was out for a few days and he went off the handle from what I've read offending some of you. Even though I agree to some of his points, as well as your's, he got carried away and put my original name in the "sh1t-head category. Because he scuffed up my old name I decided to get a new one and I've advised them to stay off my username as I don't want to piss off my fellow riding friends.

Again, sorry for the lame thread, I'll do my best to keep them in check.

~Josh

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Josh, When are you going to get back over here to Cle Elum. I never got to meet you and your dog. We still have some great riding over here. The trails have dried up nice. Taneum Ridge is in excellent condition. I think the motos even helped pack the trails down. Its pretty fast. Rat Pac is still there, I am thinking about doing some repairs with some extra wood I have laying around. I havent ridden Rat Pac much even though its in the back yard, mostly Taneum Ridge.

Borregokid said:
Josh, When are you going to get back over here to Cle Elum. I never got to meet you and your dog. We still have some great riding over here. The trails have dried up nice. Taneum Ridge is in excellent condition. I think the motos even helped pack the trails down. Its pretty fast. Rat Pac is still there, I am thinking about doing some repairs with some extra wood I have laying around. I havent ridden Rat Pac much even though its in the back yard, mostly Taneum Ridge.
Man I want to ride over there more often, the trails are more of what I'm used to with the high Alpine and all. Wish I was as lucky as yah to be living in Cle-Elum!!! I haven't been riding much the past few weeks, kidney stones are on the rampage again so I'm takin' her easy. Although I saw a post that a guy did about a mtn. lion shot up in the Tanem area, doesn't look like it would be something I'd like to run into for sure!!!

Attachments

DBR X6 RIDER said:
Josh - he is evil and must be destroyed!!;)
Sorry you have to apologize for your irresponsible roomate??
I must have missed the posts/threads in question...then again, I was born and raised in New Jersey so nothing phases me anymore.:)
Andy
It's all good, not something worth reading or waisting your time on. I call him a roomate because he stays at my house more than his own but he doesn't pay rent... If he keeps pullin' sh!t like he did the other night then he'll get the boot! Can't have him messin' up my relations with ya'll! :heart: :thumb:

bibs said:
hey that guy shot my pet kitty..his name was "bun-buns" Im so sad now :D
lol...I don't think I'd care to have a pet like that. My friend had a bobcat that was no bigger than my lab and when he asked me to feed it I said sure. So we took out some birds with his bb gun in his backyard so he could have some fresh meat. He asked me to hold out my hand and give it to him on the other side of the cage, before I knew it the bobcat reached through the fence posting and snatched the bird out of my hand leaving a nice long gash down my arm from his claws. Of course I was 14 at the time and we were stupid but bobcat or mt. lion, they look cute however they aren't so cute when you get snatched on a nice ride or your dog goes missing.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
bibs said:
hey that guy shot my pet kitty..his name was "bun-buns" Im so sad now :D
I am afraid to ask how the kitty got that name:eek:

I've learned to take postings on bulletin boards w/ a grain of salt - well, at least the ones that I have to a double-take on.
Those that get offended by such postings need much more fresh air in their lives.:)

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
You are lucky we didn't ban your IP after this gem:

You all want me to just come out and be the character that I'm not so fvck it. Fvck Xcer's, Fvck the rules of "right of Ways", Fvck saving the tree's, Fvck it, if I'm going to get attacked in every post, then fine, Fvck you, it's on B!tches! I got an idea, why don't you all get together and take your turn suckin' my nuts. It doesn't really matter what I say because ya'll are just going to interpret it wrong anyhow, so Fvck it, suck my big fat harry ball sack you piece of sh!t PC internet pricks.

Looks like someone needs to check into therapy.....

Ridemonkey said:

You all want me to just come out and be the character that I'm not so fvck it. Fvck Xcer's, Fvck the rules of "right of Ways", Fvck saving the tree's, Fvck it, if I'm going to get attacked in every post, then fine, Fvck you, it's on B!tches! I got an idea, why don't you all get together and take your turn suckin' my nuts. It doesn't really matter what I say because ya'll are just going to interpret it wrong anyhow, so Fvck it, suck my big fat harry ball sack you piece of sh!t PC internet pricks.

Yeah and I thank you for not doing so. My friend went off as he was rather pissed at the fact that everyone teamed up on him when he was just stating an opinion. Then when he tried to explain more they went ignorant on him and made him feel like nothing was being said so he told me that he wasn't getting anything across and if he was going to made out as the bad guy regarding the issue then he was just going to act like one, and believe me, just be thankful this was over the internet and not in person, he's not a pleasant site when he gets pissed and some people tend to get hurt if you've pissed him off enough.

Anyhow, he doesn't care about being politically correct so because "I" enjoy chattin' with ya'll "I" came on here to apologize so that "I" don't get refered to as there's " that guy". Unfortunently it was under my user name (WARider) so I had to start fresh and I wanted to let some of those who he offended that I chat with and ride with like (Skookum and his crew, Oly, bibs etc) that I'm apologizing for him. Hopefully that thread got deleted, it's a rather useless thread anyhow.

May 9, 2003
Burien at Crappiss' House
Holy annoying interfering so called freinds, Batman! That guy needs an enema! I would seriously look into banning that dude from your RL domain, if he's that off his nut, you don't probably need him around bringing his sh!t back to you and your other freinds. People like that bring trouble with them.

That said, this place can get hilarious sometimes when the natives smell blood, but wowsers! That was some post there, he was going full on flame war on the poor monkeys!

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Ridemonkey said:

PC internet pricks.

wow he must not have meant me because i use a laptop :thumb:

Langer

Monkey
Mar 27, 2004
Hiding
DBR X6 RIDER said:
Damn...was he down at Seatac all morning into the afternoon on Saturday? If so, I think I may have met him.:eek:
Just out of curiosity, what happened with that? I have seen you mention about this incident before. People starting beef on the trails is unacceptable.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Yeknomedir said:
Yeah and I thank you for not doing so. My friend went off as he was rather pissed at the fact that everyone teamed up on him when he was just stating an opinion. Then when he tried to explain more they went ignorant on him and made him feel like nothing was being said so he told me that he wasn't getting anything across and if he was going to made out as the bad guy regarding the issue then he was just going to act like one, and believe me, just be thankful this was over the internet and not in person, he's not a pleasant site when he gets pissed and some people tend to get hurt if you've pissed him off enough.
Well since you didn't read the thread, let me just assure you that 1) nobody "teamed up on him", and 2) people were just offering their opinions, nobody insulted him, and 3) a few people joked around in that thread, complete with smilies. Your roommate was the only person in that thread who "went ignorant", and he was the only person in that thread who wasn't listening to what others said.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Long story short - got there early-afternoon and was on the way down on my 1st run on the middle line (the ol' beaten path) and just hit that 1st tiny slab jump coming into the area w/ the big slab. Duder was hiking up the trail w/ rig and was a few feet from where I was heading. If I would have gone towards the berm, there would have been major carnage for both of us. Anyway, as I'm in the air I said "please use the road to get back up" and continued my run. He eventually made it back down to do his 2 jump run and I said "hey, sorry if I came down on you but I have had several near-collisions and a friend had to bail in midair to avoid someone doing that as well".
I left it at that, went back to get my shovels and taped off the very bottom right section as I was going to finish the work I left undone from the 2 full days prior.
A min. or so later, he comes over and just freaks out on me. First he goes off on a tirade about how he was there all morning and riding that line (he wasn't even riding near it - just on the old line) and I am supposed to get it OK'ed w/ him before I close his lines. Then he goes into a "before you start barking at me, you need to know WTF you're talking about and I just need to STFU, etc".
I had him on "ignore" just after the "I was riding that line" part.

Actually, I need to thank that guy next time I see him 'cuz I had so much aggression that I finished that line pretty quickly after the incident.:p

p.s. - Yes, biting the hand that feeds you isn't really a good thing to do.:)

Langer said:
Just out of curiosity, what happened with that? I have seen you mention about this incident before. People starting beef on the trails is unacceptable.
I guess my roomate was riding at Tiger Mtn. and on his decent some guy gave him a bunch of sh1t for not yielding to the uphill climber. Supposively he even called it out to the guy that he was going to decend a certain part because the guy was stopped and the guy coming up hoped on his bike and started pedaling up the same time he dropped in. It seems like he had the right of way but when he posted up a question or two some of the fellow monkeys chewed him a new one without even being open minded. I could care less what anyone says even my roomy as everything is circumstancial, I just find it humerous that people think they know what they are talking about when they 'weren't even there. :p

Echo said:
Well since you didn't read the thread, let me just assure you that 1) nobody "teamed up on him", and 2) people were just offering their opinions, nobody insulted him, and 3) a few people joked around in that thread, complete with smilies. Your roommate was the only person in that thread who "went ignorant", and he was the only person in that thread who wasn't listening to what others said.
Hey echo,

I read it just shorty after posting up so I knew the whole story. To me some were joking but some were re-hashing old threads and that's what pissed him off. Him and I and a few others used the name WARider as we all share the same comp and some people were refering to what I've written, what he's written and what another dude typed. I found it quiet humerous actually as I know my friend and I can just picture what he was thinking. Oh, and from reading it some people were teaming up, it's pretty obvious if you read some of the other posts that we all have posted over the course of the summer.

Oh well, some people on here are cool to chat with, others are quiet lame.

DBR X6 RIDER said:
Long story short - got there early-afternoon and was on the way down on my 1st run on the middle line (the ol' beaten path) and just hit that 1st tiny slab jump coming into the area w/ the big slab. Duder was hiking up the trail w/ rig and was a few feet from where I was heading. If I would have gone towards the berm, there would have been major carnage for both of us. Anyway, as I'm in the air I said "please use the road to get back up" and continued my run. He eventually made it back down to do his 2 jump run and I said "hey, sorry if I came down on you but I have had several near-collisions and a friend had to bail in midair to avoid someone doing that as well".
I left it at that, went back to get my shovels and taped off the very bottom right section as I was going to finish the work I left undone from the 2 full days prior.
A min. or so later, he comes over and just freaks out on me. First he goes off on a tirade about how he was there all morning and riding that line (he wasn't even riding near it - just on the old line) and I am supposed to get it OK'ed w/ him before I close his lines. Then he goes into a "before you start barking at me, you need to know WTF you're talking about and I just need to STFU, etc".
I had him on "ignore" just after the "I was riding that line" part.

Actually, I need to thank that guy next time I see him 'cuz I had so much aggression that I finished that line pretty quickly after the incident.:p

p.s. - Yes, biting the hand that feeds you isn't really a good thing to do.:)
WHat did he look like, bike etc? I think your getting this story into my thread and others are confusing it with my friend...

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Yeknomedir said:
WHat did he look like, bike etc? I think your getting this story into my thread and others are confusing it with my friend...
Don't recall the rig or what he was wearing...about 6ft. tall, short-spiky black hair...med. build. Short fuse :confused:
I took it more comically than seriously, as anybody else that has read this should.

File under - 1-percenter.

Langer

Monkey
Mar 27, 2004
Hiding
Yeknomedir said:
I guess my roomate was riding at Tiger Mtn. and on his decent some guy gave him a bunch of sh1t for not yielding to the uphill climber. Supposively he even called it out to the guy that he was going to decend a certain part because the guy was stopped and the guy coming up hoped on his bike and started pedaling up the same time he dropped in. It seems like he had the right of way but when he posted up a question or two some of the fellow monkeys chewed him a new one without even being open minded. I could care less what anyone says even my roomy as everything is circumstancial, I just find it humerous that people think they know what they are talking about when they 'weren't even there. :p

Just out of experience, if people are wearing spandex, clipins and riding up preston they own the trail. Even if the trail is 10 to 15 feet wide in certain sections. I have been almost stopped and all the way to the right and then been yelled at for not yeilding to the up hill rider. For some reason the rider came all the way to the right and wanted to play chicken, it was like they were European or something(roads are opposite sides Europe). The riders friends started yelling at me and then gave me wonderful looks in the parking area after my ride.

Langer said:
Just out of experience, if people are wearing spandex, clipins and riding up preston they own the trail. Even if the trail is 10 to 15 feet wide in certain sections. I have been almost stopped and all the way to the right and then been yelled at for not yeilding to the up hill rider. For some reason the rider came all the way to the right and wanted to play chicken, it was like they were European or something(roads are opposite sides Europe). The riders friends started yelling at me and then gave me wonderful looks in the parking area after my ride.
Yeah well anyone who pulls that kind of nonsense isn't going to be very happy if they try that with me, alone or with friends. My thing is we all share the same enthusiasm for the sport of Mtn. biking and whether you like pedaling up, pedaling down, or riding stunts, we are all equal on the trail. If they have problems because I like to ride 7" of plush buttery smooth travel and push the limits of my bike by going fast and jumping stuff, then that's their problem. I think we all know common sense, IMO, as long as your not blazzing down the trail and running people off of it then they don't have a leg to stand on, and if they think they do they won't shortly afterwards if they keep this "holly-er-than-though attitude up"! I started riding bmx at the age of 4, then got into riding mtn bikes fully rigid back when I was 10 and just kept progressing from their so I really don't see what they are all pissed off about?

I think they are just pissed that they are riding some crap bike while we save our money for the "goods".

And whats funny is they think we have attitudes when really they are the ones snarling in the parking lot, jelously...that's their problem you know!~?

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
So, I hope nobody takes this personally (especially XC riders, as I DO know some damned cool ones), but it seems that the XC general population has taken the reigns from both the roadies and DH'ers from all the encounters I have experienced over the past year or so.
Don't get me wrong - no matter how good a certain 'clique' (do I ever hate that word and the meaning behind it) may appear, there will always be the one-percenters that make it bad for the rest of whatever particular group is being frowned upon.
I guess what I'm aiming at is no matter what some other rider did/said to you, it doesn't give you an excuse to chastise a different rider of that same group because of the jerk prior to your encounter.
We're all on the same ship, just on different levels - let's all just be happy we're able to actually ride bikes and aren't crippled, comatose or even just plain old couch-potatoes to where we'd never experience what we can experience.

Life's too short to be a prick.:)

radjockette

Monkey
Jun 26, 2004
PNW woods
Yeah, but some people are just going to be pricks and I won't remain silent when that happens. I'll try to be nice about it, but I'm gonna let them know that their attitude is not going to be tolerated by me. That kind of behavior just gets under my skin!!!!

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
radjockette said:
Yeah, but some people are just going to be pricks and I won't remain silent when that happens. I'll try to be nice about it, but I'm gonna let them know that their attitude is not going to be tolerated by me. That kind of behavior just gets under my skin!!!!
Nothing gets you even with those types like hysterical laughter that drowns out their pissing-fits.
You know the laugh...MU-HAHAHAHAAHAHA, with a BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA mixed in for style-points. This being done as you are riding away from aforementioned ____________ (fill in the blank w/ you own favorite profanities).:p

The crazy thing is people start getting carried away and sabotaging trails and stunts, keying cars etc. The worst part about this whole thing is that we are all "MTN BIKERS" so if your wearing hot pink panther spandex or sportin the doo rag and throwin' up a westside with the finga's it doesn't matter because we are all out there to ride bikes and have fun. It's just like the skiing snowboarding issue. I know of some resorts that don't even allow snowboarders? WTF is that about? I skied for 8 years and have been boarding for 10 now so to me it's the same thing. But you always have the ignorant fighting the ignorant and the fun never stops! Just like gangs killing other gangs, they are just holding each other back from getting out of the ghetto and doing something with themselves.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Damned straight, yeknowme - I can't help but feel helpless when I see confrontations between people on bikes just 'cuz they are 'different'.
I know I'm different - I go both ways. I still do plenty of XC epics come summer, mixed w/ some shuttle-induced screaming DH's and still find time to freeride myself into sheer bliss.
I :heart: them all, but some people either can't or don't want to be reached on a "hey, we're all riding bikes - WE rule!!!" level.:(

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Ridemonkey said:

Anger Fear Aggresion all paths to the darkside!!

haha i've been watching too much Star Wars lately....
Man hope your kidney stones get better, i know that's some of the worst pain ever. My broken leg was a cakewalk compared to the pain of the stones....

Skookum said:
Anger Fear Aggresion all paths to the darkside!!

haha i've been watching too much Star Wars lately....
Man hope your kidney stones get better, i know that's some of the worst pain ever. My broken leg was a cakewalk compared to the pain of the stones....
Hey skook,

Thanks man, yeah the kidney stones are...well lets just say they're there. Hoping they will just dissappear but I doubt it, only a matter of time before empire strikes back.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Sh*t, my roomie is popping kidney stones left and right lately - wish he had a buck for every one he's had. He'd probably be able to cover a lift ticket at Whistler by now.
Needless to say, I get to see how much f-u-n those things are from the box-seats.
:eek:

Troubled by the dark side you are, Tim...mmmmmm??