Quantcast

Apple Logo Makes You Smarter

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
It is funny, I live near Brown and whenever I go by the coffee shop across the street the window is lined with laptops and probably 9/10 of them are Macs.

Makes me feel sorry for the college kids who get into the real world and are forced to use Windows based PC's. (and torture their IT staff with Mac based requests. :P)

found that even the briefest exposure to well-known brands can cause people to behave in ways that mirror those brands’ traits.
e.g.: Act like a pretentious collegiate douchebag,who cares more about a marketing image than anything else.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
^^^ or they could just stop being pretentious asses and learn how to use both. If you want my 2 cents, the world would be a better place if everyone understood how to use Unix.

edit: FWIW I use both Windows and Mac on a daily basis at my job.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i know how to use *nix. hell, i did all of my undergrad CS degree assignments on a *nix box, spending my days in vi. but it sure hasn't made me a better person

:homer:

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
^^^ or they could just stop being pretentious asses and learn how to use both. If you want my 2 cents, the world would be a better place if everyone understood how to use Unix.
Most people are far more concerned about the logo on their hardware than the OS that runs it. OS evangelism is a funny thing though. I can't count the times when I have gotten into arguments with people about which is best. Luckily I can switch my position as needed and argue for or against any one of them. :monkeydance:

I am far less of an OS purist than I am a greedy OS Whore that needs to dabble in all of them.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
i know how to use *nix. hell, i did all of my undergrad CS degree assignments on a *nix box, spending my days in vi. but it sure hasn't made me a better person

:homer:
Should have used Sun or SGI boxes, it would have made the difference:biggrin:

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
I love my mac
I know how to do a lot in my pc

when push comes to shove i would take a pc just due to the availability of programs for it. My mom recently bought a new dell, I installed windows xp on it and put in microsoft word 95 edition on, I found the floppy set in a yard sale for a few bucks. works just as good as the new word just less bells and whistles. Try finding iWork for really cheep, doubt you could find that.