Quantcast

Are Hoffman's good?

Dropking

Chimp
Jun 15, 2002
Gaithersburg, MD
Originally posted by patcore
hoffmans are solid bikes. Where are you getting it from? 39 pounds is ok, you can lighten it up over time.
i would be getting it from TrendBMX. Are there any tricks to lightening the bike? cuting seatpost etc...

to really make a difference you have to shave weight wherever you can. Just ride it as it is. Once you start improving and getting smoother start replacing parts with lighter parts. You have save it everywhere, not just a light set of bars with some monster cranks and wheels.

Ir Dan

Monkey
May 22, 2002
Orange County
both of those hoffmans are deffinitly sick bikes, if you buy the super pro model or whatever there isnt much that you will have to upgrade

Dropking

Chimp
Jun 15, 2002
Gaithersburg, MD
Originally posted by Ir Dan
both of those hoffmans are deffinitly sick bikes, if you buy the super pro model or whatever there isnt much that you will have to upgrade
ill prolly get one level down from the Pro series. I will only need to upgrade the sprocket and the pedals until i really start to progress.

Ir Dan

Monkey
May 22, 2002
Orange County
Originally posted by Dropking

ill prolly get one level down from the Pro series. I will only need to upgrade the sprocket and the pedals until i really start to progress.
If its a 39t sprocket get a mcneil, I think is has 4 pegs, if you are only goin to use 2 take the other 2 off to start, the pedals are probably decent though.