Quantcast

@@@Are we there yet? Thoisderp GMT@@@

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I finally got around to watching John Wick 2 last night. These two movies were awesome. Sure, plenty of shoot 'em up, but his handling of the firearms was pretty slick. Also, a lot of cool fighting techniques that you typically don't see in movies....judo, grappling, arm/legs locks, tossing, and knife work. Granted I am completely untrained and uneducated in any of that stuff, but it was fun to watch for my untrained eyes.
I'm not a fan of his 'acting' but Keanu knows how to handle a gun.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
It's my Monday and thanks!
You're working through the weekend? Or two day week?

For anyone out there looking to buy some sporting goods, REI has a big sale starting tomorrow. I shall give them all of my monies.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You're working through the weekend? Or two day week?

For anyone out there looking to buy some sporting goods, REI has a big sale starting tomorrow. I shall give them all of my monies.
Had M-W off.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I think the FSM is mad at me for something. tonight is my ride night. and it's going to rain/sleet/snow only for the period of time I will/could/might ride... :/

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I think we finally made a decision on the contractor to fix our old house. The only thing that sucks is we can't start the roof now that winter is here. So that has to wait until around April but nice to get started. So first up will be the 1st floor with kitchen.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I think we finally made a decision on the contractor to fix our old house. The only thing that sucks is we can't start the roof now that winter is here. So that has to wait until around April but nice to get started. So first up will be the 1st floor with kitchen.
What kind of roof?
Why is winter install not possible? Incessant rain?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Nice house, reminds me of our place in the Netherlands. Yeah, thats probably a wise decision to hold off. You must be psyched for another renovation.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
There is a little anxiety I can feel. I have done two apartments but this is a much bigger project. We have to fix up everything on this house but it will be a super nice house when we are done.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
There is a little anxiety I can feel. I have done two apartments but this is a much bigger project. We have to fix up everything on this house but it will be a super nice house when we are done.
I remember the apartment work. Winter remodeling is rough to live through, especially with kids. We're typically one of the last trades in so I see a lot of renovation fatigue. I'm sure it will be kick ass when you're done.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I remember the apartment work. Winter remodeling is rough to live through, especially with kids. We're typically one of the last trades in so I see a lot of renovation fatigue. I'm sure it will be kick ass when you're done.
We are setting up a kitchen in the basement and making a cozy living room upstairs we have a lot of sf in this house. So we will live here during the renovation but hopefully, it will not be too much of a pain. Hopefully, we should be all done by late spring.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Yesterday was all the catheters.
Today is much more comfortable.

Had to explain to a staff that when a VP from another department asks the VP of our department a question, and our VP passed that question down to me, the manager, and him, the staff, that the staff needs to clear a response with one of his superiors before going back to the first VP.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
What a GREAT day. Went biking at the Coba ruins (massive complex) and went diving in ASS COLD water at places they call cenotes. This one was in a lit up cave, stunning swimming among stalactites and stalagmites.
Kiddo was a little turd in Spanish all day...but the food has been exquisite.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
yes. click the "upload a file" then select the folder on your phone where the photo lives.
And then click on "full size" or whatever to insert it into the post instead of having it as a sad, unclicked attachment link.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
so an opportunity came out of nowhere and I jumped at it and applied for the General Manager position at one of the transportation agencies that we provide para-transit vehicle and drivers for. The current GM is a friend and and is leaving to Manage a Southern California para-transit agency. She thought I would be a perfect fit with my knowledge of their operations and excellent relations with field and operational staff. So now I wait to see if I get an interview. it would be nice to get a 30% salary bump