Quantcast

Are we witnessing the death of the Democratic party?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Here's the deal, you can think the DNC was in the wrong AND think it is a huge deal if Russia is tampering in our elections. Trump has a campaign manager that has deep ties to the Russian government and has russian lenders that are vital to his business. He has repeatedly questioned if NATO should be protecting the Balkan states and has threatened to pull us out of NATO all together. There could be a serious shift in the balance of world power if he were to be elected.
you sure seem pretty confident it was russia.

regardless of who it was, yes it's an issue. and yes, it's also an issue that the DNC was improperly influencing the primary process.

talking about trump / world power balance is a red herring here.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Something that everybody already knows isn't really news. Of course there is bias in the party apparatus. I am sure there were similar things going around in 08 but Hillary lost anyway. I am certain there were similar or worse e-mails going around the RNC this elections cycle. I just think it is naive to think the party structures are truly unbiased even if it is in their bylaws.
being able to prove what was suspected IS news. Especially when you consider the widespread reports of potential voter fraud at the dem primaries.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Something that everybody already knows isn't really news. Of course there is bias in the party apparatus. I am sure there were similar things going around in 08 but Hillary lost anyway. I am certain there were similar or worse e-mails going around the RNC this elections cycle. I just think it is naive to think the party structures are truly unbiased even if it is in their bylaws.
The party bias doesn't bother me nearly as much as the complete lack of the press even talking about it. This is a big deal, imo.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
something decent has come out of gawker:

http://gawker.com/everythings-not-good-1784303452

But people are upset. People are fucking enraged. All is not well. People are not just mad at Hillary Clinton, or at the current crop of Republican losers. People are mad that they have gone fifty fucking years without a raise. People are mad that it’s been 50 years since the Civil Rights Act and we have the same segregated slums and the same people getting shot by police. People are mad that life in America is unfair, not due to an act of god but due to many small acts of the two political parties that are celebrating themselves this month. This is a hole that has been dug over years, over decades, over generations. The people at the bottom of the hole can’t see the sun any more. They will not be satisfied with a small stool to stand on. They want to live on solid ground. That’s not an option that our major political parties take seriously. Hence our current mood.

Last edited:

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
being able to prove what was suspected IS news. Especially when you consider the widespread reports of potential voter fraud at the dem primaries.
There are no wide spread reports of voter fraud. There are only paranoid ramblings of voter fraud.

Here is the thing that cracks me up. The berners have spent the last 8 months screaming that the system was rigged against them. Now they are gasping in disbelief because there was bias in the system.

I think Bernie's own reaction is pretty appropriate in this matter. It is certainly not one of surprise. He got his scalp but I think most people can agree that she was a shit chairperson anyway. Notice he isn't pushing for cleaning house at the DNC. Even if they did, there would still be bias in the next election cycle. It is the nature of the beast.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Here is the thing that cracks me up. The berners have spent the last 8 months screaming that the system was rigged against them. Now they are gasping in disbelief because there was bias in the system.
no, they're screaming in anger because they were right and no one else (ie people like you) really seem to give a fuck.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Here's the deal, you can think the DNC was in the wrong AND think it is a huge deal if Russia is tampering in our elections. Trump has a campaign manager that has deep ties to the Russian government and has russian lenders that are vital to his business. He has repeatedly questioned if NATO should be protecting the Balkan states and has threatened to pull us out of NATO all together. There could be a serious shift in the balance of world power if he were to be elected.
Pfft.... You misspelled "globalized free trade".

Well, now that it's out in the open we should totally not do anything about it. Let it continue on unchecked for the sake of our grandchildren. Rigging elections, no biggie, it's always been that way. Yes, the system is rigged, but we must vote for somebody who helped rig it. Get the money out, get the corporate interests out, just as soon as I'm done with the money of said corporate interests, then it will be bad.

And is the RNC really the target we want to be shooting for here? That's what the party of progress is going to hold itself up against? The party of flat-earthers, religious fanatics, and science deniers? The party whose most electable candidate, of 17 possible choices, appears to be a juggalo? I think we can set the bar just a tad higher. I expect better, I demand better.

The fact that we even use caucuses is a much greater barrier to democracy than anything we saw in the e-mail dump. Nobody should have to deal with zealots in order to register a vote in this country.
Couldn't agree more. Fortunately, the movement to switch from caucus to primary seems to be on its way to the ballot in November here.

no, they're screaming in anger because they were right and no one else (ie people like you) really seem to give a fuck.
Exactly. Remember how much of a loon Martin O'Malley sounded like back when he said the DNC was cooking the books? But to insinuate that anything else, just maybe, a little, might have been going on puts you in the tinfoil camp, or the whinny baby berners can't handle camp. Frankly, while i'm by no means convinced large scale voter fraud was occurring, at this point you can't blame people for being just a wee bit paranoid.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Exactly. Remember how much of a loon Martin O'Malley sounded like back when he said the DNC was cooking the books? But to insinuate that anything else, just maybe, a little, might have been going on puts you in the tinfoil camp, or the whinny baby berners can't handle camp. Frankly, while i'm by no means convinced large scale voter fraud was occurring, at this point you can't blame people for being just a wee bit paranoid.
the voter fraud seems much more suspect in light of recent revelations.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
That's some hunger games shit.

The Democratic convention is a sterling affair if you have that credential. If you don’t, you will be herded behind steel gates to stare at those who do. You will be mocked by reporters who sit in an air-conditioned fully comped lounge as you sweat outside. You will be simultaneously asked for your support and threatened with a materially worse life if you withhold it.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
four miles of fence...no bridge....what are they afraid of....

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
the voter fraud seems much more suspect in light of recent revelations.
I do think any emails pertaining to fraud would have been published if they had been obtained.

Area man super upset about how a party to which he doesn't belong chooses a nominee. I'm not referring to you here but it applies to many of the berners.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Area man super upset about how a party to which he doesn't belong chooses a nominee. I'm not referring to you here but it applies to many of the berners.
from the caucuses to the electoral college, the whole process is a dog and pony show. with what's going on in both the GOP and the democratic party, i find myself wondering if we're reaching a tipping point of people just being fed up with it.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
from the caucuses to the electoral college, the whole process is a dog and pony show. with what's going on in both the GOP and the democratic party, i find myself wondering if we're reaching a tipping point of people just being fed up with it.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
how many choices do you get in NZ?

or is like here.....choosing between coors and schlitz?
Definitely not like you lot.
You have first past the post, we have MMP (mixed member proportional same as Germany).
been at least 20 years since we had a single party governing parliament.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I'm listening.........

BRB. Gotta see if 'technical' means managing twitter accounts for the chamber of commerce. Same language but you never know.....
you can say you are fluent in australian....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Something that seems to be getting lost in the conversation is that Bernie has been thumbing his nose at the Democratic party for two decades. He left the party 20 or so years ago and admittedly only rejoined for the publicity in the primaries. Can't exactly expect the party to welcome him with open arms. Not saying what was done was right, but you have to expect politics in your politics.

Something that seems to be getting lost in the conversation is that Bernie has been thumbing his nose at the Democratic party for two decades. He left the party 20 or so years ago and admittedly only rejoined for the publicity in the primaries. Can't exactly expect the party to welcome him with open arms. Not saying what was done was right, but you have to expect politics in your politics.
At this point I'm starting to believe that nothing works in the long term. Both parties are thoroughly corrupt. The Democrats blew this one essentially by wishful thinking. All involved, of either party, fail to seek or express truth.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
not lost on anyone.....it was their own fault.

why not say fuck you...run as a independent you old twat.

they were fine with it up until he started winning and guys started giving him their stripper money...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
and with him came hordes of independent voters which is typically what decides elections, not the rank and file voters.