Quantcast

Are we witnessing the death of the Republican Party?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
statistically speaking, can the dems abort themselves out of contention? at times it seems like a race to the bottom for either dems or 'pubs

...queue rise of the paultards?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
nothing says heartfelt compassion like focus-group vetted talking points

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
good riddance
article said:
explicit DVDs and streaming videos, the majority of which featured underage nude boys
well, at least he fits the narrative

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The Democrats are primarily a secular party that ignores, if not condemns, most church teachings (such as on abortion and gay marriage). The party has come unmoored from any religious values. It glorifies the individual, no matter what choices that individual might make.
Actually, i know a lot of people who identify as democrat that would disagree with this. I disagree as well, but not because of party affiliation.

It's about the separation of church and state, which is pretty much one of the main topics that got the ball rolling which eventually led to the formation of this country. Not to mention it's half of the first amendment to the constitution.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Actually, i know a lot of people who identify as democrat that would disagree with this. I disagree as well, but not because of party affiliation.

It's about the separation of church and state, which is pretty much one of the main topics that got the ball rolling which eventually led to the formation of this country. Not to mention it's half of the first amendment to the constitution.
i would say until being an un- or other-believer stops falling out of favor & is more socially acceptable, you will see lots of 'culturally christian' democrats.

funny how those who clamor for independent thought (as christianity is frequently couched when perceived to be under attack), are loathe to extend this same courtesy.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007

:stupid:

I was a religious liberal for many years before I become a godless liberal. I still do not believe the two are mutually exclusive.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
:stupid:

I was a religious liberal for many years before I become a godless liberal. I still do not believe the two are mutually exclusive.
as much as i disagree with religion and fail to see value in it, i still believe in religious freedom. until you try to legislate your beliefs. then you'll find out what happens when you fvck strangers in the ass,

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
lol wut?

GOP lawmakers blasted the Obama administration Wednesday for failing to fully enforce several federal laws, including the Affordable Care Act, current immigration policy, sentencing laws and the federal ban on same-sex marriage.
so wait, they want to sue / allow lawsuits against the president for not enforcing a law that the supreme court overturned as unconstitutional?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2014/03/12/house-passes-bill-making-it-easier-for-congress-to-sue-the-president/

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
can we pass a bill that bans older white republicans from talking about anything related to science, medicine or human rights. please?

These guys are such ****ing mooks.
I disagree. I strongly encourage these types to continue to openly voice these thoughts, as loudly and as often as possible, to remind the voting public exactly the type of representative they are.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
I disagree. I strongly encourage these types to continue to openly voice these thoughts, as loudly and as often as possible, to remind the voting public exactly the type of representative they are.
and this is where we strongly agree. now, take this to the next level of private enterprise: if you have douchebaggery going on, do not pass laws. pass information.

here, i'll let a pollock explain

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
x-post to healthcare thread?

It’s easy to poke fun at Bill O’Reilly’s freakout over President Obama sitting down with Zach Galifianakis on his satirical Web series “Between Two Ferns.” On one level, it’s a typical case of Angry Grandpa just not getting it – Did he really say “Abe Lincoln would not have done it”? Why, yes he did – but it’s more than that. It’s a case of an entire political demographic panicking over how irrelevant they’re becoming, and how Obama is hastening their passing.
http://www.salon.com/2014/03/12/fox_news_has_an_angry_grandpa_freakout_obama_is_making_them_irrelevant/

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
you're so short-sighted: acres of fatties are preppers' food cache

#defensibleSpace
#eraOfReckoning