Quantcast

ARGHHH MORE RACE PROBLEMS!!!!!But still did well...

biker3

Turbo Monkey
Okay so my first run today at the race its going all good getting warmed out getting my flow down. I hit firt to last hit and feels damn good then the last hit about 20 feet before the finish i hear a CNARKAHRKAH noise in my rear spokes and i almost eat **** riding a nose manual. I jump off and find my 3weeks old XTR rapid rise deruiler completlay trashed and my housing ruined. I also broke off the hanger too which had me really worried. This is the second race in a row that ive had uber problems.Luckily a homie had a gemini hanger and i had a tweaked out spare XT that did the job. Also i got hooked up with some cable and housing which was rockin. I only got one practice run but I ended up taking junior class and 5th or 6th (never saw final time) in sport 29 and under. Overall a fun day for my second race and getting the win really helped me a lot. Great race and i was suprised the semi-pro class payout was 200$ first, 170 2nd and 100 3rd which is pretty damn good for some Arkansas DH action.

Anyways though i think ive had it with shimano, Im going to have a sram x.0 and x.9 shifter on order by next week hopefully it will workout better. NONE OF MY SHOCKS BLEW up though last time and i didnt get hurt so im still stoked. Great time and im looking forward to more 1st places hahaha (hopefully).

M1 joel had a pretty killer wreck smashing into another rider who was just kicking it but no one got hurt and Joel still podiumed. TX guys from dallas and austin were super cool.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
your hanger broke(which will trash any derailer when it goes into the wheel), and you're blaming shimano?

biker3

Turbo Monkey
because im arrogant and angry. Actually i really like shimano stuff but the fact that the entire cage was broken from the hit it took and that both the pulleys were turned into round circles makes me even angrier. The whole thing blew up seen some eaten ones from hangers but this was worse.

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
Originally posted by biker3
because im arrogant and angry. Actually i really like shimano stuff but the fact that the entire cage was broken from the hit it took and that both the pulleys were turned into round circles makes me even angrier. The whole thing blew up seen some eaten ones from hangers but this was worse.
yeah, i get mad when garden knomes take hammers to my derailler and it breaks in a similar fashion....

HTFR

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Chelsea, Quebek
dude (biker3) dont worry 'bout it. we ahve all been there. hager bends, wheel flexes, a hole lot of force being applied to the derailier. i bet you have a hard time trying to bend your pullies ey? they are pretty tough to bend like that. NO derailier can take that. all you can do is laugh. when mine broke i thought " **** i have a flat!" nope! (but i didn't get a flat the whole season!).

it just sucks that it happened near a finish line;) . how did ya place:eek: :D