Quantcast

Asheville - Boone - Asheville

Sideways

Monkey
Jun 8, 2002
Asheville, North Carolina
Asheville NC to Boone NC, and back, riding as much sinlgetrack as possible.
I'm thinking low low low provisions....what fits in a camelback and thats it.
Try to knock this out in as few days as possible.
I'm guessing it'll end up being ~400 miles of trail total.
I'm currently working out the route, and am planning on doing this in one month, one week. (April 18th till done)

Anyone want to join me?

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Let me know sounds like fun.
Are you planning on running day trips?
Or are you going to have drop-off’s/support?
if your not running drop-off’s or support you honestly cant go more than 1 day with just what you can carry in a camelbak you need too much food and water.
you will need at least a gallon of water and more depending on the distance, terrain, temperature and elevation.
Also you will need at least 4000 calories a day plus serious amounts of fat, carbs, electrolytes etc.
I’m still interested though i have some time to burn and would love to spend it on the trail.

Sideways

Monkey
Jun 8, 2002
Asheville, North Carolina
We'll be trying to keep a solid all day pace.
I figure it will take a full week to accomplish.
No drop offs, no support.
Iodine and butter, y'all.

I've been spending a few hours each day working out the route.
So far, there is a little bit of trail "poaching", running along the mt. Mitchell ridge line north. This highly technical section will have to be ran before or after park hours.
Pretty much, there’s a decent route figured out all the way to Spruce Pine (exactly mid way) that includes no more than a few miles of on road riding.
Once in Spruce Pine, there’s a lot of great options on either side of the parkway. To the east is the Linville gorge area, to the west is wide open Pisgah. I'll be discussing my plans with a few long term locals to help fit in as much fun singletrack as possible, while still maintaining progress in the right direction.

Practice rides are starting this Friday, and will go on every Friday Saturday starting at my place near the Biltmore estate. Everyone is welcome (no whiners, though).
Just call a day ahead or so to get directions.

-M
828-281-1641