Quantcast

Ashley Madison

We had an operations manager come in to our work a few years ago and he was a total asshole, changed everything around and fired some people under bullshit pretenses. Eventually the board booted him and he tried to sue the company for it.

Point being that we searched his email and found it on the Ashley Madison leak. There's your real goldmine... people you actually know!

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Frankly, for the overwhelming majority of people involved, I think this is none of our fucking business.

I see the line being in the case of people like Duggar, who are putting themselves forth as a bastion of morality. Fuck him and his hypocrisy.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Frankly, for the overwhelming majority of people involved, I think this is none of our fucking business.

I see the line being in the case of people like Duggar, who are putting themselves forth as a bastion of morality. Fuck him and his hypocrisy.
This is a fair point. I just read something on Reddit about this that I have to admit I hadn't thought of. "people will literally kill themselves, be murdered by abusive spouses or even put to death by their oppressive Government over this". The OP goes on to include a link of a gay Saudi national who apparently used AM while living in the states but has since returned to the Kingdom, and this guy is freaking the fuck out trying to figure out how to get asylum someplace before someone figures him out and sentences him to death. I guess it was pretty short sighted to not consider the more "real world" implications, but I also am not sure I feel very much sympathy for someone actively looking to cheat on a spouse. All that is to say, I experience a small amount of cognitive dissonance on the issue now.

I will stay on the side of outing every "family values" conservative a-hole who ever used it though.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I guess it was pretty short sighted to not consider the more "real world" implications, but I also am not sure I feel very much sympathy for someone actively looking to cheat on a spouse. All that is to say, I experience a small amount of cognitive dissonance on the issue now.
Yes. I'm not defending anyone for cheating on their spouse (or trying to) but that doesn't mean it's okay to release this information.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
No dissonance for me. If you are stupid enough to use legitimate, traceable information on a website for cheaters, you deserve what you get. Period.

Totally predictable. What a bunch of idiots.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
No dissonance for me. If you are stupid enough to use legitimate, traceable information on a website for cheaters, you deserve what you get. Period.

Totally predictable. What a bunch of idiots.
I'd have to go look for it, but something I read stated that the first leak contained more than 13000 .gov addresses. :think:

wiscodh

Monkey
Jun 21, 2007
This is a fair point. I just read something on Reddit about this that I have to admit I hadn't thought of. "people will literally kill themselves, be murdered by abusive spouses or even put to death by their oppressive Government over this". The OP goes on to include a link of a gay Saudi national who apparently used AM while living in the states but has since returned to the Kingdom, and this guy is freaking the fuck out trying to figure out how to get asylum someplace before someone figures him out and sentences him to death. I guess it was pretty short sighted to not consider the more "real world" implications, but I also am not sure I feel very much sympathy for someone actively looking to cheat on a spouse. All that is to say, I experience a small amount of cognitive dissonance on the issue now.

I will stay on the side of outing every "family values" conservative a-hole who ever used it though.
fuck em all. in this day and age nothing is secure. Everyone is an adult on the site, they made there bed (with others, hoho) now its time to lay in it.

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid

It's possible but there will be more cases where a spouse is finally able to confirm that their partner is a piece of shit. I'm pretty OK with it. Plus schadenfreude, I love schadenfreude.

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
Yes. I'm not defending anyone for cheating on their spouse (or trying to) but that doesn't mean it's okay to release this information.
while you do have a valid point:
'play the stupid game, win the stupid prize'

no sympathy from me. too many shitty people in this world.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3208907/The-Ashley-Madison-suicide-Texas-police-chief-takes-life-just-days-email-leaked-cheating-website-hack.html

Suicides? 500K bounty? It's getting spicy.