***ask not for whom the bell tolls, GMT***

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Haley's helmet is becoming a reality. Checks from the first 2 set s of grandparents have arrived and MIL1 will give me a check whenever I ask for one. Order time is 6 weeks currently, so end of April is when it goes in.

Edit: They just updated to 8 weeks. I ordered it.

Last edited:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
The New Soon® apparently arrives on Thursday, I get to have a My First Colonoscopy (by Playskool™) on Wednesday so hopefully I'm feeling well enough by Thursday to take it out for a spin. Oh, and that's assuming the snow we got in town last night is gone enough to ride the gosh dang thing somewhere. That said it is a mother's favorite gravel bike, the roads should be dry enough for a test ride at least. Just might not be able to take it on dirt is all.

The old "gravel" bike (more of a multi-surface adventure touring road bike but that's splitting hairs) may well fit the SIL's boyfriend, and he has also been gravel curious. So she took it home with her after her visit this weekend to see if it'll work for him. That would be about the easiest goll dern bike sale I've ever made.

Endless piles of crap remain to be liquidated.
Same, girl. Same. You don't need a whitewater kayak, do ya?

Today, the bell tolls for @SkaredShtles. HBD!
Happy birthday @SkaredShtles, ya wanker. Here's to another year of not being on the cart!

Last edited:

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
I "intentionally" an N+1 gravel yesterday so FT and I are twinsies, except I had my colonoscopy last year and still can't think about drinking Gatorade..
IMG_20240325_072820246.jpg

Some of the components are low end but the crabon frame seems nice, and the price was right relative to local options.

Now I just wait for Yellowstone roads to melt out -- soon...

Last edited:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Hired a mechanic to check cars I'm looking at for me. Ffs it's annoying to live in Eastern Europe since our market is flooded with cars the west didn't want. Our mechanics are also lazy AF so even cars that are decent get shoddy work.

Good thing is the guy I paid is good. He gets really grumpy when cars are fixed wrong and have dumb modern overcomplicated shit that brakes. Basically Car Gary. Still. This will take time. Which is annoying. Hoped to get a good wagon this month but this will take 1-2 months still unless I want to overpay.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
...I had my colonoscopy last year and still can't think about drinking Gatorade...
Ah yeah, I was thinking about mixing up Skratch labs as my electrolyte drink of choice but now I am reconsidering. I'd like to still like it after whaterver is about to happen to me tomorrow during prep.

Congo rats on the new N+1!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Finishing up the playset build with the old man today. Gotta finish up a few odds and ends then hoist the 14ft main beam into place.

Sold some shop tools yesterday. Have a guy salivating for a jointer and planer. Hopefully those will depart next weekend. Endless piles of crap remain to be liquidated.
Shit, I'm salivating for a jointer and planer too. Just have neither the space nor money.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
HFBD @SkaredShtles. I hope you day is full of setting on groomers taking selfies.

Sold some shop tools yesterday. Have a guy salivating for a jointer and planer. Hopefully those will depart next weekend. Endless piles of crap remain to be liquidated.
Updating or just selling?

Purchased my first tool from a Harbor Freight this weekend. A heat gun. What could possibly go wrong
I love that place. Some stuff is junk, but I’ve had really good luck with most stuff.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I just got a text from another dad saying that he talked to the dad we ran into on Saturday.

"He said they ran into you over the weekend at the track and that Haley's gotten a lot faster. What have you guys been up to this winter? I thought FDM didn't have motors until Feb? Didn't you sell your 206 [old motor] to Anthony last year?"

"We've been doing winter training and races with FDM in AZ all winter."

"Oh. Are you under tent this year?"

"Yep. Full team driver now."

"Oh. I guess we'll see you a RYRO." [race in 3 weeks]

:popcorn::rockout:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hey gang. Had a massive bowel movement this morning. I was initially intimidated but now I’m proud.

Off to work.
did you have to bust out the knife?

/me has never encountered a poop knife. Apparently need to up my rectum-and-anus-game