Quantcast

@@@ Ass crack o dawn gmt@@@

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
brisk out, I might have to start work wearing shorts and a thin vest LOL I need to get my crap loaded into the camper tonight so I can just get the hell out of here early Thursday afternoon to go off to near Sacramento for a 3 day EMT gig $$$$

Espresso is really strong this morning, must have tamped it right WIN

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Last day of vacation, then a two day work week. Lots of chores to get done today. I was going to do a charity road century Saturday but there are thunderstorms in the forecast. God damnit. Glad I didn't register for it yet.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here.

Grand Ole Opry wasn't bad... But I don't think I'll do it again. Felt like I was at a super spreader event. Trac Atkins (sp?) was the headliner - he has the "stand up for the flag" song from a few years ago, which he sang. Beat the drum about how great soldiers are (huge applause), how he's a christian (huge applause), and sarcastically commented about not being able to do anything last year. Very much a... Republican/christian promotion/Go 'Murica! event. Was a singer on before him with a more R&B/blues vibe whose songs were very much veiled commentary about racism and "how'd we get here/why can't we talk anymore, friend?" Not as much cheering. At all, actually.

Mom is out of the hospital. Not a stroke. Really sounds like she had a seizure, but there is no way to tell after the fact. But how she was describing everything to me sounds like the immediate response to a moderate non-grand mal and corresponding recovery. The doctors did not refer her to a Neuro, just her GP... So, I'll be reaching out to my Neuro to get a recommendation in her area.

More studying.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Grand Ole Opry wasn't bad... But I don't think I'll do it again. Felt like I was at a super spreader event. Trac Atkins (sp?) was the headliner - he has the "stand up for the flag" song from a few years ago, which he sang. Beat the drum about how great soldiers are (huge applause), how he's a christian (huge applause), and sarcastically commented about not being able to do anything last year. Very much a... Republican/christian promotion/Go 'Murica! event.
i would have yelled allahu akbar!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Mom is out of the hospital. Not a stroke. Really sounds like she had a seizure, but there is no way to tell after the fact. But how she was describing everything to me sounds like the immediate response to a moderate non-grand mal and corresponding recovery. The doctors did not refer her to a Neuro, just her GP... So, I'll be reaching out to my Neuro to get a recommendation in her area.
What's her history of crashing at speed on her DH bike?

Glad to hear she's doing better.

Slept badly and sore from yesterday's ride.

@Nick you should buy a ticket for Trestle for this Friday afternoon ($20 cheaper if purchased 48 hours in advance)

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
finally starting to recover from like a week of miserable sleep. I need to get back to working out regularly, I felt fantastic. Then I had my vacation, GI bug, and here we are.

Kid 2 is feeling better and back to school. Was nice to not see him wheezing this morning. Also back to his annoying 4yo self.

I finally got some info from HR at the new place indicating that I will actually be employed there next month. Looks like I can prep my notice for Friday.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
finally starting to recover from like a week of miserable sleep. I need to get back to working out regularly, I felt fantastic. Then I had my vacation, GI bug, and here we are.

Kid 2 is feeling better and back to school. Was nice to not see him wheezing this morning. Also back to his annoying 4yo self.

I finally got some info from HR at the new place indicating that I will actually be employed there next month. Looks like I can prep my notice for Friday.
wait until you have a signed offer sheet in hand

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
I have only Walked Out with nothing lined up once. Boss was an ass, he was refusing to pay overtime. I had it with him and I knew that the EDD would get his ass with my pay stubs for wage theft. I got myself a fat check and everyone else there a minimum of $5000 in back wages. Cost him close to 800K when all was said and done. Fucking Glorious

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Inspection on or Golden townhouse happens tomorrow... I think. Maybe today? Signed a bunch of disclosure and other paperwork yesterday. Lots of rain yesterday evening, gotta check forecast today so I can make sure I get out for a ride before monsoon rolls in for the day, which seems like happens right at the end of the work day. So, lunch ride is what it might be! Also internet researching for an inflatable river/whitewater kayak, and casually window shopping for a new house.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
wait until you have a signed offer sheet in hand
Correction: Have signed employment ppwk.
Fuck all that shit. It's unimportant. What's important is that @Sandwich takes at *least* two weeks off in between jobs to fuck around.
I pulled a bit of a stupid- I negotiated my start date, got the offer, then realized the offer was contingent upon background and reference checks. We assumed putting my notice in on Monday of this week, so I planned for a week off to fuck around and ride DH again. BUT THEN I didn't want to put my notice in with a contingent offer. So, offer was signed Monday morning, but I still had to provide references and my background check hasn't been completed. I'm eating my free week so that I don't pre-emptively put in notice and lose two jobs. Nothing should come up, but I'm opting to not be stupid.

So, I'll only get one free day, which will probably be spent chasing kids, but I'm going to make it an awesome day chasing kids.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

Going in to work to work extra hours on a non-working day wasn't particularly fun.

Being here when we are understaffed effectively isn't fun, either.

Ah, stress!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Double Batch of Honey Hush Cornbread baked and now a cheddar jalapeno honey hush cornbread is in the oven. Camper packing and getting outta dodge for a short vacay at Lake Ontario with the family. Tweaked my back moving some big firewood to split yesterday so I'm feeling it today. I knew I shouldn't have tried to move it, but I wanted it done and it finally stopped raining a bit. Heavy, wet logs = tired mamma monkey, but I managed to get another half a row split and stacked so I can sit by the fire with some whiskey this winter and enjoy the fruits of my labor.

Next up, blueberry pie (dough is chilling in the fridge as we speak, just gotta roll it out and then the lattice work for extra deliciousness.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I have only Walked Out with nothing lined up once. Boss was an ass, he was refusing to pay overtime. I had it with him and I knew that the EDD would get his ass with my pay stubs for wage theft. I got myself a fat check and everyone else there a minimum of $5000 in back wages. Cost him close to 800K when all was said and done. Fucking Glorious
I did this once, back in 2017. Hand delivered my resignation letter and walked out...no job lined up (terrifying) but the stunned, pissed off look and slammed door by my superintendent made it oh so worth it. Within a week of my leaving 5 others quit too! I doubt he has learned his lesson but I am glad to know some others were inspired to get out while they could!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Looks like my replacement rear triangle has spent the last 48 hours touring various Fed Ex facilities around Portland.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
DJ sold. Guy is driving from Manitou Springs to my neighbor's this afternoon to do transaction. Down to 10 bikes; 2 more to sell.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
got some werk done, reserved a mtn place in northern ga for a few days in august, took the older dude to drivers ed, had a beer with a buddy while he did rex kwon do afterwards...chillin on the porch with a beer nao...trying to plan some dh days for later this summer.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Finally finished the Car rehab. Brakes, Exhaust, Tires, O2 sensor, Wheel Bearings all wheels. Brake lines to the rear. Removed and repaired rear Strut mounts. All work by me. Chasing down codes truly sucked. Saved thousands. Had a actual Mechanic check my work. Passed Inspection. Looking at adding a Hitch. Seems like nothing to weld it too. My Welding skills are not that good...

Toyota.jpg

No lights here...

Last edited: