Quantcast

"Assault Weapons" Ban Bill Extended

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Originally posted by llkoolkeg
I did read 'em, but you're talking about shooting shotguns. I'm talking handguns...and big 'uns. You know...ones with long barrels that we Yanks use to overcompensate for our supposedly small penises. On that point, if our penises were so small and we didn't know well how to use them, why did our American boys get treated so well by your British lassies during WWII? Tommies didn't like it how our Joes got all your women with our fine American tobacco and (sic) small penises. It's a trend that carries through to the present day, as I can personally vouch having visited your little island for nine debaucherous days. :devil:
Did I touch a nerve luv?

Jorvik

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
I honestly don't know anymore.
Originally posted by N8
A mag can be a clip BUT a clip is not nessessarily a mag....
You are mistaken. Clips are used to put rounds in magazines. Either directly into the weapon's integral magazine as in the M1 Garand, or as charger clips to put cartridges into a separate magazine. A magazine is never a clip and a clip is never a magazine.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by Jorvik
You are mistaken. Clips are used to put rounds in magazines. Either directly into the weapon's integral magazine as in the M1 Garand, or as charger clips to put cartridges into a separate magazine. A magazine is never a clip and a clip is never a magazine.
N8's right :devil:

And the shop that sells me my supplies calls 'em clips all the time. No one uses "magazine" :rolleyes:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Originally posted by ohio
okay, I swear to god this is not a loaded question, but... how?

every time a gun law is put into place, I hear the same thing: it only keeps guns out of the hands of law-abiding citizens.

So other than seriously organized crime such as drug cartels and mafia (the kind of folks that aren't breaking into the homes of law abiding citizens to steal TVs), who is able to get guns and how? If they can't pass the screening, and the can't get it at a gun-show, where are these criminals getting their weapons from?

I promise ignorance to the answer... I'm not trying to bait anyone. I'm actually for most aspects of the right to bear arms, but I can't understand how anyone can justify the gun show loophole.

It seems to me, that if I'm a petty criminal and I want a scary looking gun, I can just go buy one at a show. Close that loophole and I, personally, have no idea where to get a gun. I suppose could buy one privately from my friends from home that own many, but those can all be traced to them, especially if the gun fingerprint database were implemented.

good question, i wondered the same thing myself.....until i started working on the streets. you'd be astounded to see the statistics on how many arrestee's have weapons. our ability (law enforcement in general) to control the quantity and type of weapons on the street is highly inefficient. as a civilian, i had to take a concealed weapons class, fill out tons of paperwork and have a background investigation performed; the average thug can just buy a pistol/assault rifle from a supplier in a matter of minutes.
so all of these laws do nothing but make it harder for average joe to get a weapon, whether it be for a collector or a militia freak, and the criminals aren't affected at all.

Jorvik

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
Originally posted by LordOpie
N8's right :devil:

And the shop that sells me my supplies calls 'em clips all the time. No one uses "magazine" :rolleyes:
Good for them. You are all mistaken. I explained the difference between a clip and a magazine. I'll get a definition if you want it:

Clip
A device that holds cartridges in place prior to be put into a magazine of a firearm. Hollywood, the media in general, and even a lot of shooters get this wrong. A clip is not the same as a magazine.

Magazine
1) A ammunition feeding device that holds the cartridges just prior to them being put in the chamber of the firearm by the operation of a mechanism on the firearm. This mechanism may be operated manually as in a bolt action or semi-automatically when the gun fires after pulling the trigger. The magazine may be detachable or part of the gun (as in a tubular magazine common with lever action rifles and most semi-auto and pump shotguns). The detachable ones are what Hollywood, the media in general, and many shooters refer to as a clip. This is wrong. A clip is different from a magazine.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by Jorvik
Good for them. You are all mistaken. I explained the difference between a clip and a magazine. I'll get a definition if you want it:

Clip
A device that holds cartridges in place prior to be put into a magazine of a firearm. Hollywood, the media in general, and even a lot of shooters get this wrong. A clip is not the same as a magazine.

Magazine
1) A ammunition feeding device that holds the cartridges just prior to them being put in the chamber of the firearm by the operation of a mechanism on the firearm. This mechanism may be operated manually as in a bolt action or semi-automatically when the gun fires after pulling the trigger. The magazine may be detachable or part of the gun (as in a tubular magazine common with lever action rifles and most semi-auto and pump shotguns). The detachable ones are what Hollywood, the media in general, and many shooters refer to as a clip. This is wrong. A clip is different from a magazine.
Im not saying you're wrong....but you totally just wrote those definitions yourself or took them from somewhere that needs real grammar work.
Magazine...clip...whatever. I'll use what people seem to understand.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Originally posted by BurlySurly
Im not saying you're wrong....but you totally just wrote those definitions yourself or took them from somewhere that needs real grammar work.
Meat seems to rub you the wrong way Shirley....I thought he'd be a guy after your own heart....so to speak:confused: ;) :D

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
On that point, if our penises were so small and we didn't know well how to use them, why did our American boys get treated so well by your British lassies during WWII? Tommies didn't like it how our Joes got all your women with our fine American tobacco and (sic) small penises.
Funny you should mention that. I was just reading about the "Battle of Brisbane" which was basically a series of street brawls between Australian and American troops in 1942 that left one Australian soldier dead (apparently shot by an American MP)
and numerous injuries on both sides. Bloody hell.:eek: :eek:

P.S- Going to Amsterdam next month. Any recommendations, places to stay, try, smoke etc

OK, now you can go back to keeping your living room safe for democracy Rambo;) :D :D :p

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
I agree, the language is evolving.

You may be a cold blooded jarhead, but you are are a good writer, and I always read your posts.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Regarding the clip vs. magazine debate, Jorvik is 100% correct. I see no reason that people should not be informed when using an erroneous and misleading term.

valve bouncer- If you have a decent sleeping bag and tent, stay at one of the campgrounds. They cost less than hostels or hotel rooms, offer hot showers(w/token) and are immaculate. There is a youth-oriented one just North of Centraal Station across the inland sea that has free concerts in the Summer(Zeeburg Camping), but it is more crowded. The other one(and the one I ALWAYS choose) is outside the city, more family-oriented and located by a lake in the middle of a huge botanical park. It is called Gaasper Camping and is located just South of Amsterdam at the very last stop on the red line underground. It will be cold at night this time of year, so be sure to layer up. Gaasper Camping(at Gaasperplaas) is like camping in a 5-star KOA on grass that looks like a UEFA midfield. They have a restaurant, bar, super clean bath-house, camping store(with fresh bread & cheese delivered daily) and environment of extreme natural beauty. You can take the underground directly to the campground from Centraal Station, set up your tent, leave your bags in the tent(where nobody will fvck with them) and take your valuables with you in a backpack when you head back to the Centrum. The camping store rules, BTW. You get much better prices on food and beer than you can get in the city and can just hit it first thing in the morning before jumping on the tube. Additionally, there is a gas station market within walking distance that offers additional choices on cases of beer(w/deposit), munchies, etc.

Every morning at Gaasper, I would wake up, get my hot shower, buy beverages, breads, meats and cheeses at the camping store, pack up the backpack for the day, make several sandwiches, head to the lake, and then have my morning spliff in the gardens while munching breakfast and slurping down a Dubbeldrank or Inza Chocodrank. Only then was I prepared for a day in Amsterdam. :evil:

Regarding coffeshops, hit Grey Area and BlueBird within walking distance of Centraal Station; Lucky Mothers and any of the three GreenHouse shops by tram. Just steer clear of most of the shops in Nieumarkt(red light/green district) and buy your 'shrooms from The Headshop. Another must-do is the inexpensive tour of the Heineken Brewery. It ends in their in-house pub where you can chug as much draught as you want for a half hour or so and offers wonderful views from the balcony of the city. If you do an RM search, I have posted other useful tidbits in the past which included links. PM me if you have specific questions.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan

Regarding coffeshops, hit Grey Area and BlueBird within walking distance of Centraal Station; Lucky Mothers and any of the three GreenHouse shops by tram. Just steer clear of most of the shops in Nieumarkt(red light/green district) and buy your 'shrooms from The Headshop. Another must-do is the inexpensive tour of the Heineken Brewery. It ends in their in-house pub where you can chug as much draught as you want for a half hour or so and offers wonderful views from the balcony of the city. If you do an RM search, I have posted other useful tidbits in the past which included links. PM me if you have specific questions.
Cheers for the info mate, I'll be sure to have a few pipes in your honour while I'm there. My trip is coinciding with my 35th birthday so I imagine it will be one of the bigger celebrations I've had. Fully expect to wake up in the gutter that day.:D :D

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
Originally posted by valve bouncer
Cheers for the info mate, I'll be sure to have a few pipes in your honour while I'm there. My trip is coinciding with my 35th birthday so I imagine it will be one of the bigger celebrations I've had. Fully expect to wake up in the gutter that day.:D :D

If there is any one THC product to try while there, it's what is known as kif(or nederhash, powdered trichomes, etc.). Basically, it is unpressed hashish. It looks like a golden powder and is bought by the gram. It's not easy to find, but well worth the search. It is collected by shaking KB buds on a high strand-count screen(400 or so tpi) over wax paper. Pure delta-9 THC unadultrated with plant material, etc. and with no heat degradation. It's like taking a hit of aromatic hash that burns as quickly as bud sift. The owner of Lucky Mothers introduced it to me gratis after a week of smoking Amsterdam's best and 15 years of daily KB experience. A hit off his bowl sent me reeling towards the floor and only his grasping my arm saved me from crumbling in front of his friends and other patrons. I definitely needed a standing eight-count after my hit. You can smoke it out of any device, but it is so strong and burns so quickly that caution should be used. It is divine from a vaporizer, deafening from a bong, and sublime when sprinkled into a spliff before sealing.

To find it, check-

1. Grey Area under the brand name "Grey Mist".
2. Lucky Mothers by asking for powdered trichomes.
3. The Grasshopper directly in front of Central station by asking for nederhash or kif.

brock

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Tacoma, WA
Originally posted by manimal
good question, i wondered the same thing myself.....until i started working on the streets. you'd be astounded to see the statistics on how many arrestee's have weapons. our ability (law enforcement in general) to control the quantity and type of weapons on the street is highly inefficient. as a civilian, i had to take a concealed weapons class, fill out tons of paperwork and have a background investigation performed; the average thug can just buy a pistol/assault rifle from a supplier in a matter of minutes.
so all of these laws do nothing but make it harder for average joe to get a weapon, whether it be for a collector or a militia freak, and the criminals aren't affected at all.

I agree with you that passing laws making it more difficult to get guns really only makes it more difficult for the law-abiding citizens to obtain guns. I also admit to being very ignorant about what I would have to do to get one.

I do have a couple of questions though. I am not trolling or trying to build any kind of anti gun position. Our citizens have a constitutional right to bear arms and I am a believer of not screwing around with the constitution. I do however wonder what the uproar would be like if we decided to propose an amendment to “define arms” instead of marriage. But that is a different thread all together (note that I would not support that either).

Back on topic. You say that law enforcement’s ability to control the quantity and type of weapons on the street is highly inefficient. As a law enforcement officer, what do you think could be done to improve that?

About the guns that are that are illegally in circulation. Where are they coming from? Are they all being stolen from law abiding gun owners? Are they being distributed illegally by not so law abiding gun dealers? Is the massive number of guns already in circulation coupled with the massive production of new ones a contributing factor? I really don’t know the answers to those and I imagine that no one here can really say exactly either but I believe they are valid questions.

I don’t really know what the answer is on this. I don’t like infringing on people’s rights at all, but I do believe in accountability. I think if you are going to own a gun you are accepting some level of responsibility for that weapon and should have to answer to someone as to how it left your possession. I’m not saying to punish the victim of a burglary, but what about the the guy who gets strapped for cash and sells it cheap to some guy who has no business owning gun (again with the muddy water trying to determine who should or should not be eligible for ownership).

I guess at some point we need to determine where the guns go from legal possession to illegal possession and work toward closing that door. This may take some compromise, something that I don’t think people are really lining up to do these days.

Disclaimer: if this post does not make a whole lot of sense. I have been interrupted no less than 20 times with this pesky job thing.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm drugs:)

That does look yummy. :p

Did I not know better, I might believe you thought so. Lumping all "drugs" together as if they are equivalent, however, is no less myopic than equating a Mini-14 ranch rifle to an automatic Mac10. :nope:

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
That does look yummy. :p

Did I not know better, I might believe you thought so. Lumping all "drugs" together as if they are equivalent, however, is no less myopic than equating a Mini-14 ranch rifle to an automatic Mac10. :nope:
If you'd shown a pile of weapons...I probably would have said mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm guns. They are all guns after all.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm drugs:)
It's a bit disturbing that this thread about Assault Weapons turned into a discussion of drugs... what a fun combo!

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
It's a bit disturbing that this thread about Assault Weapons turned into a discussion of drugs... what a fun combo!
It is an unwise combo, as any federal prosecutor would be happy to tell you. Anyhow, shouldn't you rubbing Sarah Brady's corns right now?

Jorvik

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002

Yeah, I aquired those definitions from some website. My grammar isn't the greatest, I admit.

I just plain don't like it when people use the wrong terminology and want to be stubborn about using the wrong words. Makes me mad.

NastySid

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
Sweden
Joe Beer buys a phat-gat
He stores it in hes closet..

Crack Fiend smashes in joes window and **** off with his TV, gameboy, phat-gat and balfa minuteman..

Joe has no ride and one more phat-gat is on the street.

Over here you need a reason to own a gun. You have a permit and you need a certified gun cabinet bolted down in the floor.

Criminals can allways get what they want.

Why should every schmuck have a gat for? Most can't handle them and wind up shooting their offspring or blowing their brains out when they clean it..

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by NastySid
Most can't handle them and wind up shooting their offspring or blowing their brains out when they clean it..

Most?

I think you're wrong. Wait...I know you're wrong.

Unless you've got some numbers to back up what look like bogus claims, dont come into a thread 9 pages late talkin out yer anus. :)

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
what? Sweden isn't the capitol of Norway?
'Fraid not.

I used to work for an American bank in IT and they sent us across a network managment system with all the offices already configured on a map of the world. They put Bournemouth (UK south coast) on the south coast of Greenland...

Not even close!

Jorvik

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
Originally posted by fluff
'Fraid not.

I used to work for an American bank in IT and they sent us across a network managment system with all the offices already configured on a map of the world. They put Bournemouth (UK south coast) on the south coast of Greenland...

Not even close!
Bah, nobody cares about the rest of the world. America is the alpha and the omega ;)

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
If there is any one THC product to try while there, it's what is known as kif(or nederhash, powdered trichomes, etc.). Basically, it is unpressed hashish. It looks like a golden powder and is bought by the gram. It's not easy to find, but well worth the search. It is collected by shaking KB buds on a high strand-count screen(400 or so tpi) over wax paper. Pure delta-9 THC unadultrated with plant material, etc. and with no heat degradation. It's like taking a hit of aromatic hash that burns as quickly as bud sift. The owner of Lucky Mothers introduced it to me gratis after a week of smoking Amsterdam's best and 15 years of daily KB experience. A hit off his bowl sent me reeling towards the floor and only his grasping my arm saved me from crumbling in front of his friends and other patrons. I definitely needed a standing eight-count after my hit. You can smoke it out of any device, but it is so strong and burns so quickly that caution should be used. It is divine from a vaporizer, deafening from a bong, and sublime when sprinkled into a spliff before sealing.

To find it, check-

1. Grey Area under the brand name "Grey Mist".
2. Lucky Mothers by asking for powdered trichomes.
3. The Grasshopper directly in front of Central station by asking for nederhash or kif.
jesus... sounds too mad... vb and i are going to have a very demented time in the 'dam

cheers kool

we ll be sure to rip a couple down in ya honour

partsbara

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
96-Year-Old Man Shoots Intruder After Fourth Robbery In A Week
NewsChannel3, Memphis | 3-16-04

(Memphis-AP) -- Virgil Kindig turned the other cheek three times. The fourth time the same intruders broke into his home in Memphis in less than a week, the 96-year-old man shot one of them.

Police say the thieves used a phone cord and extension cords to tie Kindig, but the victim got loose and grabbed a pistol he'd hidden nearby, firing twice. Both shots hit one of the robbers, who was taken to a hospital in critical condition.

Police haven't released his name. Kindig and his 93-year-old wife Ruby weren't hurt. Police say the man and a woman accomplice had taken a checkbook, a gun, Kindig's wallet and about 500 dollars in cash during previous robberies.

In the incident Sunday, police say the man burst in, tied up Kindig and was taking the couple's belongings to his car when the victim wriggled loose and shot him. Police haven't decided whether to charge Kindig.