Quantcast

Atempted buglary

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Godamnit!

They must have looked into the garage and seen the bikes in there. I went to open the back door to the garage and the door was all loose. Deadbolt was loose and the whole fixture was moving in the door (had to retighten it). Doorframe is cracked and split in a few sections (now has about 8 industrial, super long screws holding the frame together around the deadbolt). Footprints were visible on the door too. Man that crap pisses me off.

As soon as I get paid I am going to get a kickplate for that door and some new deadbolts for the doors that have glass that can be broken for the reacharound (the kind that need keys to open from both sides. I have one window into the garage that I am thinking about barring up too.

I hate phucking burglars. I wish I had a time machine so I could go back to the night in which this happened, unlock the door and wait inside the with a shotgun to blow the mother phuckers feet off... that should be the bike theft crime punishment... removal of feet.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
If you don't already do this, look your bikes inside the garage, as well. I would guess that it probably wasn't someone out to get your bikes, but someone who was just looking for an easy score.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
That really sucks. Maybe you should get a steel, lead filled door so a burglar can't open it. haha

Definately lock your bikes.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
INSURANCE!!!

Get some renters insurance, its cheap peace of mind. A determined theif can defeat any countermeasure, but at least it slows them down.