Quantcast

Atomlab or Atomcr_p ??

Rev.Chuck

Monkey
Apr 11, 2003
Raleigh, NC
Hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like a bearing failure. I would expect my customers to bring this kind of thing back to get a warrantyor at least let me try for warranty.

roel_koel

Monkey
Mar 26, 2003
London,England
10 rides and it's that rusty? strange.... I guess it must be wet where you live.

yeah I live in England, UK - its very wet here! the pedals were purchase in January in a sale, but I already had some 2 year old A-Frames that were tatty but running smooth. I put the Atomlab away as I was waiting to buy a new fork, front wheel and disc brake for my Big Hit. Afetr building it up in Feb, I rode the pedals on the Big Hit 8 or 9 times, including some wet sessions hence the rusting pins. the other stuff is sand left from a session at a freeride park outside London, before my cranks broke and had to go back

I put these pedals on my DMR and rode to work in my spd shoes as my Vans were wet, the cleats have scratched the top of the pedals unfortunately!

so yeah a genuine 10 rides, I was using them for this but they are supposed to be strong

Attachments

roel_koel

Monkey
Mar 26, 2003
London,England
2. Is there a nut attached to the end of the axle? If there is not , did you find it when the pedal body fell of?

yeah the but is still on the axle, the sealed bearing just exploded and bits fell out all over the drainage ditch I was riding through. the end cap is still screwed into the pedal body...

they have asked me to send it back to the UK Importer, they will try to fix the pedals if the inner bearing sleeve isn't damaged.

Gyro

Chimp
Mar 4, 2002
Slatyfork, WV
Originally posted by roel_koel
10 rides and it's that rusty? strange.... I guess it must be wet where you live.

yeah I live in England, UK - its very wet here! the pedals were purchase in January in a sale, but I already had some 2 year old A-Frames that were tatty but running smooth. I put the Atomlab away as I was waiting to buy a new fork, front wheel and disc brake for my Big Hit. Afetr building it up in Feb, I rode the pedals on the Big Hit 8 or 9 times, including some wet sessions hence the rusting pins. the other stuff is sand left from a session at a freeride park outside London, before my cranks broke and had to go back

I put these pedals on my DMR and rode to work in my spd shoes as my Vans were wet, the cleats have scratched the top of the pedals unfortunately!

so yeah a genuine 10 rides, I was using them for this but they are supposed to be strong

explains everything. Nice drop :eek: