Quantcast

Attention NE/Vermont Monkeys!

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Originally posted by MMcG
Jozz - it looks to me like Catamount and Sleepy Hollow are connecting their trails.

Will you be a "blur" riding the trails in VT if you head down there?? :)
At the rate things are going I might be SSing all summer... :rolleyes:

The god damn frame was shipped on the 29th, I think someone from SC is pedaling it right up to Montreal!! :D

If the trails connect imagine the Epic that could be done! :thumb:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Originally posted by Jozz

The god damn frame was shipped on the 29th, I think someone from SC is pedaling it right up to Montreal!! :D

Haha, we have the opposite problem... I want my SS and I have my Blur, you want your Blur and you have your SS :D

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by Jozz

Ugh - I hope the Blur arrives soon.

From the Sleepy Hollow site:

Most recently we've become linked to the Catamount-Sleepy Hollow mountain bike trail. This trail is nearing completion, and will be ~15 miles when completed. Catamount to Sleepy Hollow Mountain Bike Trail Description.Already almost 10 miles of trail are done! Trail work is being done by the Fellowship of the Wheel, a subchapter of the Vermont Mountain Bike Advocates (VMBA). This is a great group to join if you are a mountain biker! Please contact Hans Jenny for more infomation please visit their website at Fellowship Of The Wheel.

Does this sound like they connect to you?

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Originally posted by Echo
Haha, we have the opposite problem... I want my SS and I have my Blur, you want your Blur and you have your SS :D
@Echo

Still no Kona hey... Do you have an ETA?

@MMcG

Seems they're still 5 miles short...

:confused:

Tom Church

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
Beacon, NY
Watch out for the Headless Horseman
HEY!! I actually live in Sleepy Hollow, NY right next to the original graveyard and church. (built in the early 1600's.)

Washington Irving lived right near where I do!!

Creepy...

Tom

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Originally posted by Knuckleslammer
I'd inquire about the trail before you go. Wouldn't want to drive up there 2 hours + and find out it's a 10 mile paved rail trail :D

Knuckle
I have yet to see a 10 miles intermediate to advance paved mountain bike trail...

But I will call for trail condition before going for sure!

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Originally posted by MtnBikerChk
obviously, they haven't been to the MBC school of frame packing and shipping!
She just love the bike!

Coming from a $300 hardtail is a big step up!

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
jozz, just so you know, Catamount has an awesoem set of XC trails, as well as a HUGE 4x race course to play on and masive DJs and even a small north shore style setup.

I love that place!

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
I have ridden at Sleepy Hollow before. Was only for a race though. Collegiate UVM race is there. Some nice trails. Some tech stuff but, from what I rode and saw, nothing that compares to what one finds at most DH places. Fun trails, though.

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
I remember Catamount from 10-15 years ago. This is the place near Burlington, right? On another board someone was describing it as a "beginner" kind of place, which is how I remember it. Nice trails, but nothing to make you pucker. I'm sure its changed, but its probably still geared more towards the SUV drivin' gotta impress the girlfriend I talk a good game but don't know diddly about bikes weekend warrior type.

Jan 15, 2002
Suburban MA, USA
Catamount used to (may still) do a local race series. Back in the day, Catamount was the home of at least one of the big NorthEast NORBA XC race venues every year. I think the Specialized Eastern Cup used to run there. Good stuff, though limited in terms of a destination.

If Catamount hooked w/ Sleepy Hollow and they are in Huntington, there should be some good distance.

Best part about Catamount is it's proximity to Burlington and loads of cool junk. When I lived there there were like 52 bars/clubs within walking distance of UVM.

-Couch

VTinCT

Flexmaster Flexy Flex
Sep 24, 2001
Lost in the woods...
Originally posted by CouchingTiger
Catamount used to (may still) do a local race series. Back in the day, Catamount was the home of at least one of the big NorthEast NORBA XC race venues every year. I think the Specialized Eastern Cup used to run there. Good stuff, though limited in terms of a destination.

If Catamount hooked w/ Sleepy Hollow and they are in Huntington, there should be some good distance.

Best part about Catamount is it's proximity to Burlington and loads of cool junk. When I lived there there were like 52 bars/clubs within walking distance of UVM.

-Couch
Word. When I was at UVM we rode at Catamount every so often...mellow XC...but hell, if you're that far, you should just head to Stowe!:devil:

All I know of Huntington is the gorge...great place for a lazy summer afternoon of professional river sitting with a sixer and a spleef.

:monkey:

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
My gf raced there last year. She said that the trails were difficult. DOn't remember much beyond that. Lots of climbing. There is enough elevation that they had a collegiate DH race there.

Highlander

Chimp
Mar 12, 2002
Berkshires
If it doesn't satisy you at Sleepy Hollow, roll up Rt 100 to Stowe, go left at the 3 way stop in the center of town onto the Mountain Rd...make a left into Irie Cycles/Village Kitchen. Talk to JD in the kitchen (Chef) or try to hook up with a group out of Irie. He'll point you to some of the goods.

Don't prejudge 'em by their 40+ lb hardtails and SS....they rip.;)

If it's wet don't bother...they usually do trail maintenence if it's wet and don't like people trashing the goods in the rain. The core group of locals do massive ammounts of TM every year.

JerseyDave

monkey wrestler
Apr 9, 2002
Stowe, VT
is pretty mellow/intermediate. There is good xc riding in Stowe...a great zone of advanced riding in Waterbury. If you come up here..and don't ride in town, you are missing some high quality tech singletrack behind the shop, and if your lucky enough to hook up with a group you could see some more misty locals rides. I've heard sleepy hollow is descent.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Aparently no one there is very good at riding a bridge, WHo cant ride a brigdge thats 8 inch wide???? its only 80ft, ud be surprised, 200 attemps, 20 successies! wow.