Quantcast

ATTN: Crabjoe Stretchpants

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
creepiness has never been so delicious.

oh, and according to the article, that bugger isn't even HALF as big as that species is rumored to grow.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Oh look! It's a big animal minding its own business in the ocean. Quick - let's take it out of its natural habitat, fly it around the world, take lots of pictures with it and put it in a tank.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Oh look! It's a big animal minding its own business in the ocean. Quick - let's take it out of its natural habitat, fly it around the world, take lots of pictures with it and put it in a tank.
Its an arthropod. Do you use insect repellent/killer/swat bugs/spiders/etc - same type of animal. Won't someone please think of the mosquitoes, ticks, and spiders too:rofl:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Nope. Doesn't matter - it's still inappropriate to carry that big ass crab all over the world.
Sure it does, you are a hypocrite if you are complaining about a crab that is being well cared for and yet at the same time harassing/harming/killing its close relatives.

Its like Americans complaining about people eating dogs in other cultures and yet they slaughter cows which are revered in other cultures which don't try to interfere in ours (or even in India itself were there are plenty of slaughterhouses/cows consumed by non-Hindu cultures) - arbitrary non-sense.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Sure it does, you are a hypocrite if you are complaining about a crab that is being well cared for and yet at the same time harassing/harming/killing its close relatives.
That's why I was saying "nope" - as in "no I don't use insecticide." Yes, I do my best to be nice to the insects.

Everyone does something that could be perceived as hypocritical. Yes, I think a crab with 5 foot legs should be left alone and yes, I've killed ticks before. I still don't see your point.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I don't use "insect repellent/killer", nor do I kill spiders, wasps, etc. I think that the crab should have been left alone. We have fvcked things up enough already.
And yet you've probably killed ticks, mosquitoes, and dust mites just minding their own business living as they are supposed and playing a needed role in the ecosystem like this crab. You've never eat crabs or lobsters either?

They aren't harvesting them on a large scale for commercial trade for food or people's home fish tank - its a single living "animal ambassador" for an large aquarium association. They do positive work for the environments they represent in their facilities - see similar organizations in the US like the Monterey Bay Aquarium, etc. Give me a break - its approaching PETA nonsense level.

Last edited:

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I've killed ticks before. I still don't see your point.
Would I kill a tick sucking on my neck? Yes. Would I kill a 8 foot tall crab sucking on my neck? **** YES! Would I put a tick in a jar and show it off at nature shows? No. Would I put a 8 foot crab in a jar and show it off at nature shows? **** NO!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Would I kill a tick sucking on my neck? Yes. Would I kill a 8 foot tall crab sucking on my neck? **** YES! Would I put a tick in a jar and show it off at nature shows? No. Would I put a 8 foot crab in a jar and show it off at nature shows? **** NO!
I'd put an 8 foot crab on a leash and take it for walks.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
only if I had several. I doubt the meat would be very tasty, given the length of time it would take to grow that size (i'm guessing).
No doubt. I imagine it to be the consistency of rubber band. that is a big ass crab leg. Give my died pink-immitation cod-crab any day. so tender. :rofl: