Quantcast

Attn: North County (San Diego) MTBers - Carlsbad Trails

Dylan Dean

Monkey
Oct 12, 2007
southern California
Donno if this has been posted, but i'm too lazy to search..

North County Mountain Bikers:
Here's what's happening around North County

CARLSBAD:
Trail work at La Costa on Jan 10 at 8 a.m. -Intersection of Camino Junipero and Corte Romero, right off of Rancho Santa Fe in La Costa

URGENT: The City of Carlsbad is embarking on a multi-year project called "Envision Carlsbad." The City is reaching out to the community to learn what is most important to its citizens. Carlsbad mountain bikers need to be involved in this process. First meeting is Wednesday, January 14 at 6pm, room 173, City of Carlsbad Faraday Center. Please contact me and recruit fellow Carlsbad mountain bikers to pitch in. This could be a pivotal opportunity to maintain trail access.

There will be an SDMBA sponsored trail day at Calavera on March 8. More details to follow.

If you know who is building illegal trails in Calavera (or anywhere else for that matter), tell them to knock it off! It's going to erode our credibility and cost us trails in the long run if they keep it up.

OCEANSIDE
The City of Oceanside's Bicycle Committee has embraced the "Bicycle Skills Park" concept and has identified a 4 acre parcel near I-5 that could accommodate a pump track, jump park, progressive skills area, BMX track, and even some XC trails. Please contact me if you are interested in working on this project.

Erik Trogden
North County Coastal Liaison
SDMBA
www.sdmba.com
etrogden@hotmail.com

http://www.mountainbikebill.com/LaCosta.htm