Quantcast

Attn SD Calavera/Flightline fans!

dhjill

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
SD Cali
Hey gang,

Sorry for the last minute notice on this, but it looks like there's more trouble in store for Calavera/Flightline. :( I just got this e-mail from Diane Nygaard of Preserve Calavera...there will be a press conference tomorrow to raise awareness for this issue. I encourage anyone who rides these trails to be on hand to express your thoughts!

Hi Jill

The following notice is going out to our list tonight. We had a hike scheduled at Carlsbad Oaks North for Saturday which is now cancelled. The landowner( developer) specifically informed us as an organization. We will cancell all of our activities. At this stage I have no idea what he intends to do about general public access for hiking and biking.

I think it would be great if someone from the biking community could be there Saturday am and say something like:

"Bikers love this area and come from throughout north county to enjoy the trails here. Every day we are losing more of our natural lands to development. We work hard in the biking community to treat the land well. But we need natural lands like this to enjoy our sport. We were very pleased to learn that the city plans to keep permanent trails in this area. We hope that common sense will prevail and soon everyone will again be able to enjoy this special place."

Do you know someone who might be willing to do this- or perhaps if attendance is not possible a good quote that someone could relay would help get that thought out there. Appreciate any of your thoughts on this.

Diane Nygaard
Preserve Calavera

The special annual hike with the San Diego chapter of the California Native Plant Society scheduled for this Saturday, August 21 is hereby cancelled.

Instead, we will be holding a press conference at the same time/place to explain why the hike had to be cancelled.

Time : 9 am Saturday August 21

Place: Deadend of Faraday St at Brookhaven Pass in Vista
(Thomas Guide p 1127, H1)

We received notice from the landowner that states:

"I would like to put you and your group on notice that any entry onto our privately owned property is without permission, is clearly trespassing, and we demand that Preserve Calavera or anyone associated with Preserve Calavera cease and desist from trespassing on our property in the future."

We hereby inform all subscribers that this hike and all future hikes that had been planned on this property by our organization are cancelled. We do not support or condone any trespassing onto this private property.

Please attend the press conference to learn what is behind this action- and what you can do to support our efforts to protect this special natural area- and the public's ability to enjoy hiking/biking trails in their back yard.

PS : Our February oak tree planting project got included as a segment on the Oceanside public access station, Inside Oceanside, Channel 19, 7:30 am and 8:30 pm during the month of August. Please tune in and see some of our hardworking volunteers helping to restore Oak Riparian Park.