Quantcast

attractions/sightseeing for kids?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Pau11y said:
What's your travel range? You can always shoot for Body Worlds, altho it might be a bit over the head of the 8 year old, and possibly the 12 as well. And, in this heat... Waterworld?
we live walking distance to the museum, so that's a good idea.

As for distance, Sunday morning, we're heading up to Vail to stay the night, so all day Sunday and Monday.

Saturday, maybe Estes/RMNP?

FBTMILF

Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
Colorado
LordOpie said:

As for distance, Sunday morning, we're heading up to Vail to stay the night, so all day Sunday and Monday.

i though bodyworlds was crap. to me it was so stupid i was glad to get out of there but everyone else thought it was great. I went to the Imax, Wired To Win. cool movie, take them to that. Zoo maybe?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
LordOpie said:
Yeah - I wouldn't bother with the Body Worlds thing, though. That age the kids will probably like the space exhibit & the animals anyways. :thumb:

Skip Estes, but RMNP is good. Bear Lake is a good hiking area with kids. It'll be crowded, but the hikes are many, not too long, and very scenic. And drive over Trail Ridge to the Alpine Center. More good short hikes and great views.

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
It's strange that now I think about it, CO isn't really a mecca for indoor attractions. But personally, I've never found it boring since I'm all about playing in the mountains/trees/trails.
As for kids, if they like to fish (altho I can't really see this since most are ADD by standards of ppl our age)... Skateparks can be a bit hostile. Elitches (sp?), zoo, Waterworld are prob your best bet. Or how's about one of the res so they can play in the water what with the heat and all...?

Edit: too bad we don't have a Sea World around here. I've always like those. Is there an aquarium in Denver?

FBTMILF

Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
Colorado
bear lake or whatever its called, over by bandamire(sp?). its like $5 to get a car in and they can mess around there. also if you have some bikes or something, they can ride on the paved trails.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
FBTMILF said:
bear lake or whatever its called, over by bandamire(sp?). its like $5 to get a car in and they can mess around there. also if you have some bikes or something, they can ride on the paved trails.
There's some nice singletrack for beginners at Bear Creek Lake as well. :sneaky: