Quantcast

Auburn this weekend 5/8-5/9

Scrub

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2003
NOR CAL, Sac/CoCo County
Looks like I'm gonna be dong some riding in Auburn this weekend. Mammoth Bar area and maybe some DJ action by the RR tracks. Anyone else interested in meeting up for some shuttle runs on Sat. at the Confluence parking lot? Kidwoo,N*dher,Yeti,1soulrider? Who else?

1soulrider

Monkey
Apr 16, 2002
nor cal
Hmmm........
Riding in the redwood empire w/ my bros, racing in SoCal, or shuttling with the monkeys in the canyon......
What to do, what to do....

Yeti DHer

I post here but I'm still better than you
Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
Originally posted by 1soulrider
Hmmm........
Riding in the redwood empire w/ my bros, racing in SoCal, or shuttling with the monkeys in the canyon......
What to do, what to do....
Race @ big bear next weekend, ride with us under some trees in the canyon... there we go!

5150Kon

Chimp
Apr 29, 2004
maybe at the end of summer after im in shape and get some practice under my belt ill come out, but for now, dont feel like making an ass out of myself:cool:

Yeti DHer

I post here but I'm still better than you
Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
Hey 5150, Auburn is just all about having fun. No one cares who's faster or slower than the others, everyone just likes to get out and ride a bit...

D

dwnwrd

I'm going to be there Saturday trying out my (new to me) Super T assuming I get a wheel in time. (black Pathfinder, blue Bullit).

Internal14 wants to ride Sunday so I may be up there both days if I can swing it.

5150, don't sweat it. I'm slow and so far everyone's been friendly to me. Within earshot anyway. :) Heck people even cut slack to my friend on his Redline with a bent downtube and BMX bars. :) Just ride your own pace.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Originally posted by dwnwrd
I'm going to be there Saturday trying out my (new to me) Super T assuming I get a wheel in time. (black Pathfinder, blue Bullit).

Internal14 wants to ride Sunday so I may be up there both days if I can swing it.

5150, don't sweat it. I'm slow and so far everyone's been friendly to me. Within earshot anyway. :) Heck people even cut slack to my friend on his Redline with a bent downtube and BMX bars. :) Just ride your own pace.
Can we use your truck?:D

I can loan you a wheel if you don't get one.

SpuTTer916

Monkey
Dec 3, 2003
The OV
Crap, I'm going to be rididng Annadell and Skyline this Friday/Saturday. I was looking forward to hooking up with the monkeys for some shuttles. Next time!

D

dwnwrd

Can we use your truck?
If your bike fits on a Yakima. :( It's an SUV not a pickup.

I'm hoping Armstrong will be down there with either a trailer or a big truck. I don't think he gets down there too early though.

I'll probably be there with a couple friends close to 8. One guy will have a little pickup to get the day started.

1soulrider

Monkey
Apr 16, 2002
nor cal
It's looking like I'll stay local and ride with everyone. I'm working on obtaining the official AATAC shuttle truck for the day (Saturday) it holds about 7 or 8 riders and their bikes.

North* Dher

Chimp
Jul 23, 2002
Colfax
I might let me stress MIGHT be able to bring the new stake bed from work. Let me see what I can pull off. It can haul 10 riders.

What are the rules on hauling human cargo wearing helmets in the back of a pickup????? What's the difference between riding a motorcyle and riding in the back of a pick up wearing a helmet???

D

dwnwrd

bah! my wheel and brake haven't shipped yet. and i noticed i have a broken shifter. i'm not going to give up hope though! :angry: :)

Scrub

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2003
NOR CAL, Sac/CoCo County
So I guess the plan is to meet at 9ish am down at the Confluence parking lot on Saturday. I'll be on a blue Giant DH and my buddies will be on a black Mountain Cycle and a red SC super light. Sound good?

1soulrider

Monkey
Apr 16, 2002
nor cal
We should meet at the bottom of Mammoth. This way we can start riding right away, and others can join us as they arrive.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by North* Dher
I might let me stress MIGHT be able to bring the new stake bed from work. Let me see what I can pull off. It can haul 10 riders.

What are the rules on hauling human cargo wearing helmets in the back of a pickup????? What's the difference between riding a motorcyle and riding in the back of a pick up wearing a helmet???
They frown upon people riding in the back of a truck, I've been given a warning there before by the Ranger.

derekbob

Monkey
Sep 4, 2003
Chico
Theyll probly be more lax if youre on a dirt road in the middle of nowhere, but riding in the back of a truck is illegal.

SpuTTer916

Monkey
Dec 3, 2003
The OV
Cool. I will try hard to make the next one. I was up at Skyline/Annadell. Reminded me of Rockville, only farther away...

Blew out my hand opening a bottle of Guinness, but I rode 30 miles on it the next day, so I should be good to go for the next run you guys do...

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by SpuTTer916
Cool. I will try hard to make the next one. I was up at Skyline/Annadell. Reminded me of Rockville, only farther away...

Blew out my hand opening a bottle of Guinness, but I rode 30 miles on it the next day, so I should be good to go for the next run you guys do...
Skyline in Napa? If so I like that place.

SpuTTer916

Monkey
Dec 3, 2003
The OV
Yeah, we did a quick Fri/Sat trip to the napa region to hit up Skyline and Annadell.

I hardly got any pictures, but I got some video with my camera. The little park at the beginning with all the small drops is really fun!

here is a video of me dropping the biggest one there. I dont do drops very often so that place was great to get experience.

http://www.fightcompany.com/sputter/bike/skyline/video/jeremy-droppin-concrete.AVI

That drop looked a lot bigger over there :) Even as I watch the video now and show it to people it looks like grandma could do it on her cruiser. Oh well!

I also loved all the erosion control drops they had on the trails. This section was one of my favorites:

http://www.fightcompany.com/sputter/bike/skyline/video/jeremy-paul-willy-fast-water-bar-thing.AVI

There are some pretty funny videos in that folder also, but dont laugh too hard :)

Im the dork in the Red top and Blue Fox Shorts... Black Gemini.