Quantcast

Aussie needing help re Canada

lost it

Chimp
Dec 11, 2007
South Oz
Hi there,
I'm from South Australia and am heading to Mt St Anne in August for the WC. I have no idea about where to look for accommodation. Are there shuttle buses that run from Quebec that service the mountain, or do I have to look for accommodation closer to or on the Mountain?
Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Lost it

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
Not sure why you'd want to go there all the way from the land under...The riding there isnt all that great and there isnt much to ride other than that mountain...You'll be 45 min away from downtown and transit is a pita....There isnt much to do at night other than WC parties...
Having said that , the atmosphere during the world cup event is kinda cool but too short and the weather is often crappy...The west coast of the country is where its at for MtBiking...Whistler has the best riding in the world and a ton more in the area.Crankworx is a whole week long and its nearly ALWAYS warm , dry and sunny....AND you wouldnt need a car cause you wont want to be anywhere else and you'll have a hard time going back home ;-) ....

Just saying...

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Agreed that nothing here quite compares to Whistler. If the OP is coming to Canada to ride, it's a no-brainer to go to BC.

Still, MSA and the Québec area are quite a nice places to ride if you come to Québec City...

If you're into old-school tech gnar DH stuff, MSA is great. That being said, I don't own a DH bike anymore and, IMO, the best MSA has to offer these days is more like all-mountain stuff. The Grisante, Vietnam, Échappée, Érablière, Avenue Royale, Arête, Yable are all great trails to ride on a AM bike. You can also access the XC sector from the top of the mountain using a combinaison of these trails.

Apart from MSA, les Sentiers du Moulin at Lac-Beauport is a very nice resort for All-Mountain and XC with amazing technical trails (no lift). Vallée Bras-Du-Nord is also a great place near Québec for AM/XC riding.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Poutine is good, but not good enough to fly right over BC and bypass the best coast.

I'd say if you have time, travel down to Bromont somehow. It is dirt cheap if you camp or stay the local motel, there is a good brewpub, you're close to Montreal and there is a water park which if you can find the correct way through the chalet, get in for free. :brows:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
The east coast is a great place to road trip though. there's so many lift assisted places to ride within a days' drive: MSA, Bromont, Lake Placid, Plattekill, Mountain Creek, Highland. There's gotta be more...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I'm pretty sure that when an Australian shows up in Canada, the RCMP grab them and take them to the detention island known as whistler. I don't think you have a choice.

When you arrive in Quebec just smoke a lot of cigarettes, wear a dirty undershirt, don't shower for days, carry an air of superiority and you just might pass as a local. Also steal something.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The east coast is a great place to road trip though. there's so many lift assisted places to ride within a days' drive: MSA, Bromont, Lake Placid, Plattekill, Mountain Creek, Highland. There's gotta be more...
i'd add windham to the list. only 4 trails, but 1 is the world cup course and 1 is a jump line built by gravity logic. less than an hour from plattekill too.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Canada, especially French Canada, isn't even a real country. It's more of a theme park.

When you're in French Canada, just start barking orders at them in German whenever you need something. The French part of them will respond nicely to that.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I'm pretty sure that when an Australian shows up in Canada, the RCMP grab them and take them to the detention island known as whistler. I don't think you have a choice.

When you arrive in Quebec just smoke a lot of cigarettes, wear a dirty undershirt, don't shower for days, carry an air of superiority and you just might pass as a local. Also steal something.
What you don't know about Quebeckers is that the air of superiority you refer to is actually just a defense mechanism for their inferiority complex to France and the "real" french...

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
What you don't know about Quebeckers is that the air of superiority you refer to is actually just a defense mechanism for their inferiority complex to France and the "real" french...
What da *uck are you that stupid! You seem to know a lot about Québec, not even being able to spell them right even though you're a fuck*ing bridge away from them doesn't help either you twat.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
What da *uck are you that stupid! You seem to know a lot about Québec, not even being able to spell them right even though you're a fuck*ing bridge away from them doesn't help either you twat.
Schließen Sie Ihre Frau Mund und hole mir ein Bier und einen mittleren Preis Hure

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Only on RM! Where truly excellent and knowledgeable bike riders can also act as unequivocal assmunchers. Hey, it's been the same since 2004!!!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Schließen Sie Ihre Frau Mund und hole mir ein Bier und einen mittleren Preis Hure
Connect your wife 's mouth and get me a beer and a mid-price whore

Big spender eh? Come on, they're poor up there. Even the top priced ones can't be that expensive. God knows them ciggies don't buy themselves. I mean hey, strong dollar and all.

Last edited:

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
The level of stupid here in Québec can indeed reach amazing levels, I won't deny that, but we certainly don't have the monopoly on it...

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
The level of stupid here in Québec can indeed reach amazing levels, I won't deny that, but we certainly don't have the monopoly on it...
You know what the worst part is? Because you're 2nd class US Citizens, you wont even get to vote against him. You'll just have to accept him as your new overlord.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Only on RM! Where truly excellent and knowledgeable bike riders can also act as unequivocal assmunchers. Hey, it's been the same since 2004!!!
'Eye man, relax.... ça t'es-tu déja passé par l'esprit que peut-être chuis francophone aussi?! p'têt pas quebecois, mais assez proche pour pouvoir niaiser mon monde! Y'a aussi le fait que j'ai partagé une bonne partie d'ma vie avec une québecoise "de souche"... et là, pas de doute.... fuckée man... fuckée dans la tête... 'stie! Maintenant je suis avec une québecoise "allophone"... mais... ça fait-tu d'elle une "vraie québecoise"?

comprends-tu un peu mieux mon commentaire là?!