Quantcast

austin dh race

mcdurly1

Chimp
Dec 8, 2001
Austin, TX
I want to put on an underground dh race here in late september, or as soon as it cools off. I wanted to know who would be interested in somethin' like this. Also, what would be the best way to take times accurately without using a bunch of equipment? I have the walkie- talkies, but I need stop watches.....I think that is all I need to time race runs. Ya'll post if ya think it sounds like a fun idea.

Squasher

Monkey
Aug 20, 2001
K-Ville
Sounds fun. Hopefully I will be healed up by then.

All you need to take the times is 2 digatal watches and sync im both up.
Each rider is numbered and given a starting time. Then start sending them off in one min incramentals, or what ever you decide.
The guy at the finish records the time each rider crossed the finish line. Then you just match the the riders start time to the finish time.
Thats what basicly happened in Comfort, except that we had a gadget around our ankle that recorded what time we crossed the finish line instead of someone calling out the finish times.

Where would you hold this at?
:confused:

mcdurly1

Chimp
Dec 8, 2001
Austin, TX
seems easy enough.
why at hte tru hill, of course. I linked up some new trails that incoprate the dirt jumps into a really fast trail section, into a gnarly rocky trail with a cool finish. no walking back to the top. maybe a minute and a half riding really fast.

Squasher

Monkey
Aug 20, 2001
K-Ville
Sounds cool.
Doug will be there on sunday I think. Maybe you can show him where its at?
Im in a recovery phase right now for 2 months, or I would go check out the course for sure. :(

Squasher

Monkey
Aug 20, 2001
K-Ville
Ya. I broke it 9 months ago. Then at cloud croft I landed on it again. I didnt land on "that" hard, and it hurt like crap. Came back to SA and saw my doc. Had a CT scan and found out it only healed about 20%. So, I am now a proud owner of a titanium plate on my colarbone.:D
2 months, Ill be back.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I like the addition to Twin Peaks. I had to work to hard to soak it and hit the old lander. Now you can really pump off of the jump and sometimes I was still flat-bottoming it. But really nice. I liked the looks of the new step-down into Twin Peaks. I suppose that might be part of the race course?????? I never got around to trying that line. But I had my first official wreck there yesterday. I was hitting the jump into the berm. I kicked my rearend out too far while I was going into the berm. As a result my rear wheel landed outside the berm and I spiraled into the ground. Nothing bad, but the dirt is SUPER abrasive.

I thought you were heading to Col. for the summer?

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
you should hold it the NCS weekend.

a lot of guys are coming to watch that would also race!