Quantcast

Avid Rollamajig

Shibby

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
cambridge, ma
i just got done servicing my shifter/cable/housing/rear deraileur (that's Deore shifter/XT deraileur)... lubing and cleaning, taking off cable-o's, changing ferrules, cutting down the stock housing, and i decided to throw on an Avid Rollamajig i had laying about, just for kicks...

well, i got to shorten that loop of housing at the deraileur about three inches, and replace the bend with a smooth pulley. it feels damn good now! best $10 (retail) drivetrain toy i've found yet. friction reduction is very noticeable.

i'll have to ride with it tomorrow, and see how it goes, but it seems like everyone should have one! i think an Ultegra 11-23 road cassette is my next experiment...

Shibby

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
cambridge, ma
not that flat (SF Bay Area), but the amount of climbing i do on the bike is dwindling, and the smaller-range cassette, which allows for a much shorter chain, is gaining appeal. it's a DS bike anyway...

DHRacer

The Rev
Oct 8, 2001
Yeah baby!!! I don't know who ever created those things, but they're the best!!! Other companies make them as well, i don't remember what brand I have, it's not avid I know that, but I love it!!!!