Quantcast

Back from Vegas.....

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Wifey had surgery on her hand to remove a cyst. Had to use up all her vacation time for recovery, otherwise, she'd have to be termed, then re-hired. Now she has no vacation time until at least September. (Me, well, I have the previously mentioned Sea Otter weekend off, and a week in May that I will be going to Phoenix, but enough about me)

I arrange for her to have the last 4 days off, and we road trip to Vegas. Ok, so it's a 7hr drive there, 7hr back, with 2 days in between. She doesn't care to fly, otherwise that would add to the time there. Oh well. Arrive at the Rio (I work for Caesars, so employee rates are excellent, and no resort fees, or so they say), get to room, unpack, change, and just walk around the first night. Next day, breakfast at Cracker Barrel (she loves that place), shopping at the Outlet Mall, over to the Container Park, walk to the Tiny House Court, back to the car, over to the Mob Museum after dining at Nacho Daddy's (man, that fried ice cream was good!!), then back to the room for a small bit of video gaming (lost only $3, plus the tip for drinks, and I hit a 4-of-a-kind!). Next day sees us thrift shopping (she has me hooked on crafting, so we're on the lookout for goodies to refurbish), dining at Capo's (if you like Italian food and speakeasies, you will LOVE this place), more shopping, get back to room to change, out to Bellagio for two water shows, then walk next door to the Cosmo for some pizza at Secret Pizza.

Day to leave, and we go to the Fashion Mall for Taco Maker, get gas (for car, not belly), and off for home. So much done, so much missed.

It was either Vegas, or Pacific Grove. Wonder which would be the favorite with RM???

Oh, can't download pics yet, so those will come later.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Have not been to Pacific Grove so i cant speak on that.
Been to Vegas, FTS.

Taking a bike to Phoenix?
Understood how you can feel about Vegas. It's just knowing where to go that is not Strip related, like doing a best-of-bathroom tour like we did on our first trip there. As for a bike, unfortunately, no, as family already has most of my time spoken for.

glad the container park is still there
It was something to see how the containers were adapted to various businesses. And the part for the kids was really cool, too.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Understood how you can feel about Vegas. It's just knowing where to go that is not Strip related, like doing a best-of-bathroom tour like we did on our first trip there. As for a bike, unfortunately, no, as family already has most of my time spoken for.

It was something to see how the containers were adapted to various businesses. And the part for the kids was really cool, too.
Vegas def needs more places like it.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I dunno. I've spent a fair amount of time in all 3. As a general rule, I'd rather be in Tahoe/Reno any day of the week over Vegas. I guess Vegas might have shows, but I'm not into Celine Dion.
I'd rather be in Tahoe. But in terms of sheer options for eating, partying and gambling, Vegas is in a different league. It's like your local lift access hill vs Whistler. Yeah they both have ski lifts and bikes but it's not the same thing.