Quantcast

Back in the Saddle: Again screening!

May 9, 2003
Burien at Crappiss' House
Who doesen't want to drive to Oregon to see Back in the Saddle 2??

Me either, so when I saw Cory Leclerc up at Whistler this weekend, and he told me to throw a party for his movie for the Seattle kids, I was like, uhhhh... let me think- HELL YEAH! I think I even have him talked into coming down for the show himself, or failing that, some of the other riders from the film, perhaps...

I promised everyone another BRI event after the Suspect screening we did a couple months ago, and this seems like as good a reason as any to do it again. As it is like 8:30 in the morning, my boss doesen't even know yet that we're going to do this, but fear not, he's gonna love the idea. What I need from you people:

1. When should we do it so as not to conflict with too many local races or anything, keep in mind Cory wanted to do this soon, as the vid is officially out already, it was released a couple weeks ago, so within the next four weeks or so.

2. Where would be a good venue for all ages to view the film, and how close is it to a bar where we can Pre-Funk and Post event party for the of agers?

3. What do you want to see at the event for action other than the film? Is a raffle the only way to get people out, or do you guys want something different to go down? Raffles are cool, I don't mind doing one, but is it necessary?

Your feedback would be super helpful in planning this event everyone!

Thanks and let's make this a great party for us all!

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
1. WIM has a another race in 3 weeks...and whistler opens garbanzo this weekend...... So in 2 or 4 weeks would be a good start.....

2. Dont know, im from oly......

3. Raffles are cool, but does it cost you guys more than its worth? Maybe you could bring down some trikes and have some races for prizes instead...... Make it a 4x type event with qualifying rounds.....

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
1. the 2nd of july.

2. it would be cool to do it out side like do it at the parade feild at seatac find some body with a projector and a good size screen and a good stereo, bring a generator and boom instant theater its just got to be louder then the jets. or do it at the demones cinima see 3 for why.

3. get every body out to seatac and we can do some kind of contest down the trails. its a small area so its easy to judge you could do a best line, best trick, smothest rider, ect stuff you dont have to time. but it would be killergetevery body riding then ride the 2 miles over to the demones theater.

May 9, 2003
Burien at Crappiss' House
Zane: It was this past weekend in the Hood River area, I thought.

Mike Rider: Congratulations on making Eagle Scout, you goodie two shoes!

Thanks for the good suggestions, I contacted Video Action Sports yesterday, and got the ball rolling with them, they're the film's distributors. I think I will approach Renton Motorcycle Centers over at thier new building about hosting the party there. From what I understand ahbout thier facilities, we should be able to have a great event there, indors in Air conditioned comfort, where they also have food and refreshing beverages (read; LIBATIONS, Drunks!) as well as a working PA and Audio Visual system. All this would possibly solve any conflicts between under and over agers attending, and give us a great spot super close to the new shop's location to hold the event.

I plan to ask them if there's any possibility of building a DJ line for us to play around on before the event, or failng that, allow us to access and ride thier existing indoor Moto track. We'll see, but I think they have PLENTY of insurance in place for this kind of nonsense, so I think there's a chance of something fun going down.

I liked the tricycle derby idea, but those things cost money, and I don't know, what else have you got for me guys? A bicycle derby of some kind? I don't want this to turn into some cutthroat competition, just goofing around on bikes, or maybe just hanging out, the raffle thing might be easiest after all.

I'll keep you all posted on developments as they are finalized. I'm going to go look for a trailer for the movie......