Quantcast

Backyard bliss, or MY own f'ing jumps!

SVPPB

Monkey
May 13, 2007
You do anything more with the dirt jumps?
What happened with the berm/neighbor issue?

SVPPB

Monkey
May 13, 2007
Did you keep going with the dirt jumps?
What was the outcome of the berm/neighbor's property line debacle?

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
Did you keep going with the dirt jumps?
What was the outcome of the berm/neighbor's property line debacle?
got lucky...neighbor was grading his property so after he was done he came over and moved the remainder of the dirt that i wanted to use to finish up table 2. now it just needs shaped/packed.
also put some dirt on table 1 to rehab it.
one good day of shaping with some help and it will be ready to session.

SVPPB

Monkey
May 13, 2007
How far over the property line was the exit? Such a great beginning to a very fast berm.

How did the rest of the project go? Things slow down some in the past few months? How'z yer fut?

ridetoofast

Mar 31, 2002
no more than 2ft over, if that, i was pretty bummed as i had dirt, people, and motivation to have the berm built that day.
the most progress has been on the pics posted above when jason came over to help. my buddy chuck was there the day the neighbor moved the dirt for me and we have a good rough shape now, it just needs shaped/packed.
the foot is good, can ride with no problem. i have some residual soreness in the morning when i wake up or after long drives (prolonged stillness), but i don't experience any discomfort when i ride. the big litmus test was DH'ing at seven springs and hitting some jumps at DH speeds.
how far from surry are you?
i've been talking to some cats off of cyclingcentralva.org and its looking like sometime in december i'm gonna have a work/ride/drink/cook type dealio...

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
that's some good lookin dirt ya got there.... I bet you hit that up with some water and a tamp and it'd be like concrete... or is it sandy?

ridetoofast

Mar 31, 2002
you've got good eyes. it is a perfect mixture of clay and dirt and soooo easy to shape. i need to get a new tamper as mine was broken during trail building last year.
my buddy jason came over sunday and we built another berm and worked on an entrance to berm #2
falling left looking down slope from behind the berm

another view

looking up slope at the exit

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
looks like berm rippin times around the corner, to me! Love to see what others are working on....

where are you living now? I'm still down here in Roanoke.... my local trails (carvins cove) just got toasted over 4000 acres burnt... I have no idea when they'll allow the public back in there either... no fun...

ridetoofast

Mar 31, 2002
it sure is.
how the hell have you been anyways, christ i've not talked to you in forever.
a couple of cats (chuck and jason) want to do dark mtn (burn24) again...you down?
also, you need to carry yo a$$ out this way to check out the trail.
gonna build some more TTF shizzle.
ive got a couple of cable spools (2 different diameters) that i'm going to link together and make a roller coaster type thing out of. i puked out a quick word.doc scribble to show what it might look like

superdork43

Chimp
Feb 29, 2008
vb
That just looks like lop-sided boobs to me. 'Course, just about everything is boob related.

Glad to hear the foot ended up ok.

I'm doing Camp Hilbert Endurance this weekend. I have a lot of plans for races and traveling out of town with the girlie, so I would be down with the 24hr again as long as the date cooperates.

I know you keep inviting and I haven't made it yet, but you gotta let me know about the next BBQ.

http://jimmydsuperdork.blogspot.com/

ridetoofast

Mar 31, 2002
thanks and man you are welcome to come down any time. i dont think ive seen you since the 05 ye haa when i broke my hand.
i was talking to castle the other day and was thinking it'd be cool to have a va/md/nc (wherever) mini monkey fest to christen the trail once i get the additional features built.
i probably going to have another dump truck of dirt brought in for the rest of the berms/jumps i want to build.

ridetoofast

Mar 31, 2002
actually my neighbor has one. granted i've never talked to him but perhaps if i ask him if he'd like to make some money...
wait that might not sound right.
seriously though, i want to finish the 3rd table which is going to require quite a bit of dirt so yes a bobcat could be in order!
sorry i don't remember the screen name...refresh my memory (quite a few people have been over in the past 2 years) so i'm not making the connection!:bonk:

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Think long hair, fat, bad attitude, driving a tacoma and riding a morewood.