Quantcast

Bacon finds of the day

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm sure if these have been posted before so I figured I'd share.

Nothing says "It's a Holiday" like cheese rolls/logs, so why not include large amounts of bacon?
Bacon Cheese Roll

Why eat salad in a normal bowl when you can use a bacon bowl?

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
I made the Bacon Cheese Roll for dinner today. I used thick cut pepper bacon that was very meaty and filled it with a mix of shredded colby jack and pepper jack cheese.

I can't even describe how delicious it was, I almost shed a tear after the first bite. I was expecting it to be borderline given how greasy it is, but it was seriously amazing. I still wouldn't eat it too often, but it is surely something to try at least once.

Sides consisted of green beans with almonds and chopped bacon, and a toasted and buttered roll.

Photographic evidence:

Attachments

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I made the Bacon Cheese Roll for dinner today. I used thick cut pepper bacon that was very meaty and filled it with a mix of shredded colby jack and pepper jack cheese.

I can't even describe how delicious it was, I almost shed a tear after the first bite. I was expecting it to be borderline given how greasy it is, but it was seriously amazing. I still wouldn't eat it too often, but it is surely something to try at least once.

Sides consisted of green beans with almonds and chopped bacon, and a toasted and buttered roll.

Photographic evidence:
Dude - that's a buttered HAMBURGER BUN. :busted: :p

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Dude - that's a buttered HAMBURGER BUN. :busted: :p
Haha, so what? I can only stand to go grocery shopping about every 3 weeks so I do what I gotta do. :biggrin:

I love that even though your main was a bacon roll, there is bacon in your side dish.
Yeah, well there were a few bacon strips left that weren't part of the roll so I just cooked them and tossed the extra crispy ones in with the beans because how could more bacon possibly be a bad thing? :banana: