Quantcast

Bacon Hill race practicing

bikerpunk98199

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
the hood
dude kris stephen is a JUNIOR its his JUNIOR prom, he still has SENIOR prom next year, lol capitalization for emphasis.
ya i know but still you get to ride freaking bikes for the rest of your life. you only get 2 proms (if in my case jr. and sr.) so...whats that 2 nights of your life vs. countless days of riding.... theres more to life than just bikes

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
I duno I personally would ride my bike over prom anyday. The only thing that really convinces me otherwise is the after affects of prom, but my bike still comes first.

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
ya i know but still you get to ride freaking bikes for the rest of your life. you only get 2 proms (if in my case jr. and sr.) so...whats that 2 nights of your life vs. countless days of riding.... theres more to life than just bikes
Tell that to my friend. He was hit by a drunk driver his prom night. I wonder if hes racing Mountain cross chairs?

bikerpunk98199

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
the hood
Tell that to my friend. He was hit by a drunk driver his prom night. I wonder if hes racing Mountain cross chairs?
im sorry to hear that and if i offended you in any way.

i love bikes as much as anyone else and they've been a big part of my life but for me i have other things in my life besides bikes like many people on this forum. i was just stating my thoughts im sorry if i have offended anyone

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
let me tell you, i went as a junior with a senior group and you do NOT want to miss prom. It's a ****ing blast. I'm definately going again this year.

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
Yeah, don't miss prom. It was awesome. We rented a cabin for two days on Bainbridge island. Thing had 4 rooms a hot tub. The dance was kinda lame. The food sucked. But the party after was ridiculous.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
Yeah, don't miss prom. It was awesome. We rented a cabin for two days on Bainbridge island. Thing had 4 rooms a hot tub. The dance was kinda lame. The food sucked. But the party after was ridiculous.
Exactly what Im saying! Prom its self is lame, the after party and hanging with friends is what makes it fun.

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
im sorry to hear that and if i offended you in any way.

i love bikes as much as anyone else and they've been a big part of my life but for me i have other things in my life besides bikes like many people on this forum. i was just stating my thoughts im sorry if i have offended anyone
<----Not Offended in anyway. Just make sure you don;t finish faster then me in ANY race.....LOL.

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
No, my Boss and his great scheduleing ability. Not only did he screw up my time off for Sea Otter. I was going to Livermore, CA. Thia weekend for the race today. He got my time off request and gave me 2 of the 4 days I asked for (which where my days off any ways.) I said the time off request only had the 22 and 23. Which later I should him it said the 20th - 23rd off. He was like...OOPS. And then told me I have my other 16 races off. YEAH!!! Gave up 2 to get 16. Sounds good to me.

downhillracer

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
Sammamish, WA
if its loose and dusty already, i cant imagine what the race will be like... of course ive never been, so i could be talking outta my ass
yah i was suprised, is sprinkled a lil in the morning while we were there, but by 12:00 it was dry and fast. Overall it was a good day besides breaking a couple spokes and dislocating my finger.:disgust1: the course is in good shape, should be a great race.

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
Would any one be pissed if I came out and marked a line with spray paint on the last rock drop / roll. Coming off the waterfall I always seem to line up wrong. I think there was something marked on it for last year. If this is a no no plz let me know I would like to mark it by this weekend.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Would any one be pissed if I came out and marked a line with spray paint on the last rock drop / roll. Coming off the waterfall I always seem to line up wrong. I think there was something marked on it for last year. If this is a no no plz let me know I would like to mark it by this weekend.
I don't recall marking anything last year (tho' I probably should have). I don't think there would be a problem with that; it's something I was thinking about doing anyway in my 'official' capacity as coursemeister for the race (especially since I've decided I'm finally going to hit it this year). Just make it subtle, please.

PM Geargrrljust to be sure - - FTTRC is in charge of Beacon trails.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
or chalk! easy and washes away, and thats an excellent idea, i need to do that, i tend to just ride like a hack down that, i cant seem to ride the same line every time down it. but if you have to slow down almost to a stop on top of it, may just be faster to roll around.
meaning i need to ride faster on it?

first one ballsy enough to drop it gets a high five from me! :) lol

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
I wouldn't mark anything. everyone takes a different line down that thing.

how about I just go and change all the jumps to suit MY needs :rolleyes:

Kyle,
You're right I suppose. chalk would be a good idea for one day of line-up until I got the hang of it. BTW, thanks for showing me your setup for it Saturday and for being so helpful with the shoot.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
spray paint is probably NOT ok... it's permanent . If you guys really need me to check with the powers that be, I can but intuition tells me no.
Get some big fat playground chalk and that should work well.

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
You're right I suppose. chalk would be a good idea for one day of line-up until I got the hang of it. BTW, thanks for showing me your setup for it Saturday and for being so helpful with the shoot.
no problem, sorry I flatted. (maybe I DO need a different line down that ;) I think we are going up there wednesday after school to practice. if you have time, you should come up.

Kyle,

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
spray paint is probably NOT ok... it's permanent . If you guys really need me to check with the powers that be, I can but intuition tells me no.
Get some big fat playground chalk and that should work well.
Ill just go get some school chalk so I can learn the line. Thanks for the impute.