Quantcast

bad day....

BIGHIT756

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Maple Valley, Washington
ever have a day when nothing goes right for you, and your bike??? today was just that for me. first off, i get to sea tac, get all my stuff on, and head out, i get to the gap jump to the right, and see some people there, so i hit it, and flat land it. that hurt bad. then i get to the DH trail, and do a couple runs, on the fourth, i grab the front brake, and it comes all the way to the bar, lost all the fluid in it. then my rear derailleur cable/housing split, causing my shifting to not work. what a day. this sucks

cbud

Chimp
Feb 1, 2004
Univ. of Washington
dude that sucks..when were you out there? trav and I had to leave early because the lil plastic plug on my master cylindar popped off and I lost all the pressure in my front brake too..but oh well at least its a relativly cheap fix. :confused:

DHRacer

The Rev
Oct 8, 2001
Originally posted by BIGHIT756
ever have a day when nothing goes right for you, and your bike??? today was just that for me. first off, i get to sea tac, get all my stuff on, and head out, i get to the gap jump to the right, and see some people there, so i hit it, and flat land it. that hurt bad. then i get to the DH trail, and do a couple runs, on the fourth, i grab the front brake, and it comes all the way to the bar, lost all the fluid in it. then my rear derailleur cable/housing split, causing my shifting to not work. what a day. this sucks
well, at least it wasn't something stupid like....

loading up to get ready to head down to Sea Otter, so you thought you'd be cool and ride down the steps of Freaks apt. building, only to smack in the support pillar toward the top with the left side of your handle bars... get down to see otter, take your first run down the course, only to find you have no front brake because when you smacked into you pillar it broke your brake line.:rolleyes:

i don't know anyone who's ever done that... nope, not anyone!

oh, oh... oh wait... or what about...

you push up into the hills because your photographer buddy found this ravine gap jump that he wants to photo someone doing... so you jump it several times... (big gap, couple hard landings)... so you're heading back into town, riding down some sweet single track along a nice ridgeline... and it's gettign steeper and faster, so you go to slow down and no REAR brake! :eek:... being calm, cool and collected, you don't panic, but so start praying, and holding on for dear life... eventually you come to an open area on the hillside where you can get off the trail and veer back up hill to slow you down. your buddy finally catches up with you and say "DAMN man, you were frickin' FLYIN' down that thing!!! that was insane!" and you're only response was, "yeah... too bad it wasn't on purpose." :rolleyes:

i don't know anyone who's done that either... nope, not anyone.

rainbow_smoke

Monkey
Sep 19, 2003
Bellingham, WA
HOw about this. I just got my bike all put together. Go with some friends to ride for the first time ever in the dirt, down some hills. kinda muddy not to bad, a bit scary. and my crank arm falls off. SO I have to walk in the mud to the rest of the group, who stopped conveintly on the top of a hill, to get a cresent to fix it.

Ice Bullit

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
Seattle, WA
Originally posted by DHRacer
well, at least it wasn't something stupid like....

loading up to get ready to head down to Sea Otter, so you thought you'd be cool and ride down the steps of Freaks apt. building, only to smack in the support pillar toward the top with the left side of your handle bars... get down to see otter, take your first run down the course, only to find you have no front brake because when you smacked into you pillar it broke your brake line.:rolleyes:

i don't know anyone who's ever done that... nope, not anyone!

oh, oh... oh wait... or what about...

you push up into the hills because your photographer buddy found this ravine gap jump that he wants to photo someone doing... so you jump it several times... (big gap, couple hard landings)... so you're heading back into town, riding down some sweet single track along a nice ridgeline... and it's gettign steeper and faster, so you go to slow down and no REAR brake! :eek:... being calm, cool and collected, you don't panic, but so start praying, and holding on for dear life... eventually you come to an open area on the hillside where you can get off the trail and veer back up hill to slow you down. your buddy finally catches up with you and say "DAMN man, you were frickin' FLYIN' down that thing!!! that was insane!" and you're only response was, "yeah... too bad it wasn't on purpose." :rolleyes:

i don't know anyone who's done that either... nope, not anyone.
I had the second part happen to me at the PA DH track durring the DH school thing they did last year there. I was trying to pump the double and got air :-)eek:) when I didnt want to so I crashed and broke my lever clean off :dead:

So I had no back break in the rear so I had to get down some how so that was reeealy sketchy and interesting. On the way down my lever came lose from where I was holding it and swung into my front wheel :nuts: and I went flying superman style over the bars and into the dirt :D.

Ya so the point of all of this is to not keep your break levers to tight so that they don't bust when you crash.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Originally posted by PsychO!1
Go to race, realize you forgot your bike.
If that really happened to you, none of us can top that.

But here's mine anyway- take off your pedal so it doesn't hit the car when the bike's on the rack, get to where you're riding, realize you left the pedal sitting on the sidewalk at home.
(This is why I no longer take anything off my bike when I go riding)

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
how about you strip the bolts on your jr t that hold the fork onto the axle, but fortunately the bolts are tight enough so you can ride. then a few weeks later when you go to adjust your front wheel and you loosen it all the way then when you're trying to tighten it back up you just brake the whole freaking bolt right off. and then you can't get the replacements in for like two weeks because marzocchi is out of the bolts cuz so many other people had the same problem! (the wait for the bolts is an estimate cuz i still don't have them!) fortunately the mechanic at my lbs was able to make a makeshift bolt for this weekend.