Quantcast

bad seller

KleinMp99

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
United States
Thats ****ty. If it happend to me I sure wouldent consider it a donation. I am also waiting for parts to come (an xt brake hose from germany sent 1.5 months ago, even sent another one) and neither are here yet:confused:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Originally posted by BMXman
wtf!...geez it getting that you can't even trust you fellow moneys to act like decent people:confused:
Yep. I always kind of went under the assumption that members of this community were inherently more reliable than other random online sellers... Seems like that's not the case.

Of course, I should have known that's not the case, but it's too bad anyway.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I've bought stuff from Lax and he seems like a good kid - I know that others have received stuff from him in a timely manner too....(retrofred comes to mind)......I'll touch base with him to see what's up.

Hopefully the two of you can get this all resolved. Did you just correspond with him via email and IM or did you talk with him?

Lumpy_Gravy

Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
Don't let him get away with it!

Demand your money back, if he had any sense of decency he should have offered it back to you by now as a very minimum.

I would suggest (and hope) that no other people have any association with him until he returns the money and apologises to you for wasting your time.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Man that sucks

Funny thing is he is posting on the DH board about bike washing yet won't respond/read any of these posts? I'd give it a day for him to respond on the monkey to this post if he has any guys or balls.

As long as you aren't in some remote part of the world it should have gotten there. I could see something being sent from cali to say europe the cheapest possible method of shipping would take a while, but still within 2 weeks you'd get your stuff.

I agree, I'd demand the money back. I wouldn't let someone get away with it, be it $10, $50, whatever. Money is money dude.

Good luck eitherway, hopefully it all works out in the end

Originally posted by MMcG
I've bought stuff from Lax and he seems like a good kid - I know that others have received stuff from him in a timely manner too....(retrofred comes to mind)......I'll touch base with him to see what's up.

Hopefully the two of you can get this all resolved. Did you just correspond with him via email and IM or did you talk with him?
it was all through RM PM.

i know he has a lot of stuff that he got done on the forum, i've been here a while and people have generally good things to say about him, and that's why I assumed he is good with what he does, and I have no doubt that he did most of his dealings very promptly, and i sincerely hope he just forgot about it.

i just wanted to bring this to people's attention, and i still respect him as an excellent rider from the pics i have seen of him. I am a very friendly person when i am outside of a debabte board and I really hate to put him on the spot.

late.
nick

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Originally posted by nicklin
...i've been here a while and people have generally good things to say about him...

...i sincerely hope he just forgot about it...

...and I really hate to put him on the spot.
You're being way too nice about it, IMO. The guy has $45 of your money, and you don't "forget" about something after repeated contacts and lies about sending it. Regardless of other people's dealings, you've sent the money and he's not given you the product in return.

That, in my book, closes off him as someone I'd ever do business with. No matter how many other good dealings. Just like the last guy on here who had problems and apologized - the apology doesn't matter to me, I won't buy from him.

Anyway, just thought I'd let you know that you'd be fully justified in being angry instead of as nice as you're being.

mutasmurf

Chimp
Feb 16, 2002
Bellingham, WA
Definately try to get your money back. If you let him off this one time, it's highly likely he'll do it again to someone else. Sure $45 isn't that much, and he was probably thinking it wasn't much either, but it isn't chump change either.

laxincubus311

Monkey
Jan 7, 2004
East cost
hey man, i just got home from being away from the weekend, you should have it any time now. its been sent, if you want ill take pics of the reciets.

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
So why didn't you send it to him when you were supposed to?

he's heard "it's in the mail" before and deserves a lot more than that, starting with an appology.:rolleyes:

Fulton

Monkey
Nov 9, 2001
Originally posted by binary visions
You're being way too nice about it, IMO.
I agree-
your definately being more level headed and mature about this situation than I would have been. I tend to throw temper tantrums, and threaten people's lives, things like that.Hopefully you'll finally get your guide now.

laxincubus311

Monkey
Jan 7, 2004
East cost
yes im very sorry, i sent it thru fed ex and they "lost the package" same thing happend to julian from HCOR. i finally got it back and sent it out usps.

laxincubus311

Monkey
Jan 7, 2004
East cost
THANK YOU STONEY, im not here to rip people off, and i know this sux for nick and im very sorry but i did not intend for it to turn out like this. but i sent it out usps and it should be there ASAP

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY

For everyone railing the kid:
I've had alot of items get misplaced in the mail for quite some time before. One of which was a fork for Jesus for almost a month. I had no idea for 3 weeks that it hadn't shown, as we sent it ground. Alot of times bad things happen and you don't know why and/or what happened until it's too late. I say give him the benefit of the doubt once, if it happens again, I'll the the one holding the torch while we burn him at the stake.
:monkey: [/B]

Damn, I forgot about that.

Stay away from Stoney, he's a bad seller!!!!!

:eek:

BTW, thanks for hookin-up my buddy GravityFreakTJ.

Here in Kentucky, were starting a Stoney fanclub. :heart:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Originally posted by stoney98
For everyone railing the kid:
I've had alot of items get misplaced in the mail for quite some time before. One of which was a fork for Jesus for almost a month. I had no idea for 3 weeks that it hadn't shown, as we sent it ground. Alot of times bad things happen and you don't know why and/or what happened until it's too late. I say give him the benefit of the doubt once, if it happens again, I'll the the one holding the torch while we burn him at the stake.
:monkey:
Benifit of the doubt evaporates after 3 months.

You know what you do, long before 3 months is up? You give the buyer his money back and say you'll track down the package yourself.

There is zero, none, no reason that a buyer who ordered something in the middle of February should not have either the product or the money back in his hands.

If this were 3 weeks later, stoney, I would be agreeing with everything you said, but 3 months is ludicrous.

Originally posted by laxincubus311
it has not been 3 months, its been about 1
i sent the money around the 24th or 26th of febuaryy, and on march 15th I send you a PM regarding the guide and two weeks later you said:

"Re: guide`

yea man sorry about that, i had to wait till my friend got home from vacation so i could get the rollers back. also can u send me ur adress and ill 2 day it to u, sorry again man!

quote:

nicklin wrote on 03-15-2004 04:29 PM:
Hey Corey:
How is it going?

Do you happen to have the tracking number for the guide when you sent it? Just wanna make sure that it's not lost anywhere.

Thanks man
Nic"

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
it has not been 3 months, its been about 1
Be careful with what you say here. From what niklin posted above, it has clearly been at LEAST two months, minimum, and considering he was inquiring as to whether or not the guide was lost, it looks like it was more like 3. Claiming otherwise does nothing but damage your reputation further...

corey:
the guide arrived this morning. thank you for sending it, it is always better late than never. and you know that i had to spend at least 20 minutes scrubbing the plates to get the grease and dirt off it before installing is possible.
however, i can't believe that at this point you try to save your a*s by trying to imply that i am lying about the length of the time elapsed. I have the pms saved if you owuld like to see them, but please don't try to make thing seem better by lying. that's not cool.

anyways, i got the guide, things are in order, aside from the fact that there are two washers missing for the roller mounting, it looks good. thanks you, and take it easy.

Hope the next guy has a easier time.
your truly,
nick
UC BErkeley, california.

to all the guys on this board:
thank you for all the support you folks gave me, i really didn't want to do this, and perhaps if i waited another two days things would have turned out differently, but I posted this after months of waiting with no end in sight.

Corey:
i'm sorry to put you on the spot, but you gotta admit it would be nerve racking when you are waiting for a guide for spring break, and ends up making plans for the summer instead. But I understand that you tried to send it after it initially didn't go through, and people have other things to do, YOU ARE NOT RIPPING PEOPLE OFF, I cannot stress that enough. thank you for the guide.

I love Ridemonkey.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Originally posted by nicklin
But I understand that you tried to send it after it initially didn't go through, and people have other things to do, YOU ARE NOT RIPPING PEOPLE OFF, I cannot stress that enough. thank you for the guide.
Yeesh.

Lax: I think you should be thanking this guy, wholeheartedly and repeatedly, for being as absurdly understanding and nice as he is being.

If it were me, I would have been demanding my money back a long time ago and posting a much more rudely worded story about what happened.

Evel Monkey

Monkey
Oct 28, 2003
PNW
yea, well since im not likes at all on this board, im not gonna post here any more. i made a mistake and im sorry, cya guys
Mistake happen everyday by everyone. I think all here were just saying "Make it right". As long as you and nicklin are straight, then it's done.

I say keep posting.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
yea, well since im not likes at all on this board, im not gonna post here any more. i made a mistake and im sorry, cya guys
Corey - just chalk this up as a learning experience and grow from it.

It seems like Nicklin is being super cool about this, so why not thank him for that, learn from this, move on and keep postin.

We Monkeys (especially us old timers) need to keep in perspective that may fellow monkeys are still young and are going to make young person mistakes. Sounds like what happened in this case.

Nicklin Good on ya for being so cool about this.

Corey glad to see you got the dude his guide, next time just try and be more up front and provide the buyer with all the details or offer to send money back if you can't deliver as promised.

But in my opinion saying you aren't going to post here anymore doesn't do anything to help you out. Stay, make things right, learn, and move forward postively.

Cheers,

MMcG

derekbob

Monkey
Sep 4, 2003
Chico
Monkey or no monkey, good faith internet transactions suck. Maybe I lost all hope in humanity, but I would never send a check/paypal to someone I had never met (in real life that is) and actually expect something in return.

This reminds me of a pinkbike thread I saw a long time ago where some american (or guy in america) had scammed some canadian kid into sending his bike off and he never sent any payment in return. So being pinkbike, a bunch of 15 yr olds started blaming america.

I know theres good ppl out there, but Id never bet more than 20 bux on it

Toddly

Chimp
Aug 26, 2003
Originally posted by derekbob
Monkey or no monkey, good faith internet transactions suck. Maybe I lost all hope in humanity, but I would never send a check/paypal to someone I had never met (in real life that is) and actually expect something in return.

This reminds me of a pinkbike thread I saw a long time ago where some american (or guy in america) had scammed some canadian kid into sending his bike off and he never sent any payment in return. So being pinkbike, a bunch of 15 yr olds started blaming america.

I know theres good ppl out there, but Id never bet more than 20 bux on it
derekbob, don' t be so hasty with judgement. Back in September and October I bought all the parts needed for a bike from the very good people here on Ridemonkey. Each one was upfront, honest and a pleasure to deal with and my son is riding a nice bike that I could not afford if bought new. I wish to Thanks to all of them again.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Just my 2cents

I was in a "bad seller" situation a little while ago and it stinks. I'm not defending Lax here, but sometimes there are things that other :monkey: 's don't know regarding an ordeal that should not be made public that would probably change one's view on everything.

In anycase, Nicklin - big props for the way you handled this.

Lax - I don't know all the details but I respect that you sent Nicklin the guide. The best thing that you could do is admit fault (if everything is true, and it most likely is from the sound of it), and try to regain your reputation. It would be a big mistake to stop posting.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
oh I guess this is the part where we beg him to stay:dead:...be responsible for your actions and learn from them...running away solves nothing....D

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
I laugh at anyone who says they will never post here.... Dont they know the subliminal advertizing makes you crave posting?, makes you think of funny things to put in your sig, makes you pre write posts in your head on the way to work..... there is no escape from RM..... Even those who are banned still come back to gaze at the green and grey.......