Quantcast

Bald Britney, Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Damn. There was a time that I actually thought that she was hot...I guess it's safe to say that ship has sailed. She needs to check out of the rehab and check into a mental ward.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
So that would be a NO on winning their conference and getting to the SB then. Good job.
if they played in the 'special' conference (aka the NFC), then it would be a moot point? oh yeah, how did the pats do against the bears when they played them? yep.

so to address yr pedanticism, yes, it's clear that the pats didn't make the super bowl, and i never claimed otherwise. however, all other signs point to the pats being a superior team to the bears.

so go shave yr head.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
if they played in the 'special' conference (aka the NFC), then it would be a moot point? oh yeah, how did the pats do against the bears when they played them? yep.

so to address yr pedanticism, yes, it's clear that the pats didn't make the super bowl, and i never claimed otherwise. however, all other signs point to the pats being a superior team to the bears.

so go shave yr head.
...superior in that they didnt get as far in the postseason, or superior in that they're an aging team who hasnt gotten the job done in a few years now, whereas Chicago is in the top 5 youngest teams, in great salary cap shape who is still improving? Sure, the Pats beat the Bears by 4 at home after an injury riddled Chicago team (minus two pro bowlers in tommie harris and Mike Brown) was finishing a 3 game road streak to the northeast, and I commend them for that. Was a decent game. But Chicago clearly has more upside these days.

greenchris

Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
...superior in that they didnt get as far in the postseason, or superior in that they're an aging team who hasnt gotten the job done in a few years now, whereas Chicago is in the top 5 youngest teams, in great salary cap shape who is still improving? Sure, the Pats beat the Bears by 4 at home after an injury riddled Chicago team (minus two pro bowlers in tommie harris and Mike Brown) was finishing a 3 game road streak to the northeast, and I commend them for that. Was a decent game. But Chicago clearly has more upside these days.
burly for teh win

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
'superior in that they're an aging team who hasnt gotten the job done in a few years now'? that's funny. when did chicago 'get the job done'? oh, that's right, about 20 years ago, and counting. the pats certainly didn't have their best squad this year, deion branch holding out hurt them severely, and their linebackers certainly did look aged as the season went on.

however, by any direct measurement of this year (head to head, or common opponent), the pats outperformed the bears. the bears will not grab the brass ring as long as rex is taking snaps.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
'superior in that they're an aging team who hasnt gotten the job done in a few years now'? that's funny. when did chicago 'get the job done'? oh, that's right, about 20 years ago, and counting. the pats certainly didn't have their best squad this year, deion branch holding out hurt them severely, and their linebackers certainly did look aged as the season went on.

however, by any direct measurement of this year (head to head, or common opponent), the pats outperformed the bears. the bears will not grab the brass ring as long as rex is taking snaps.
Actually as far as common opponents go, both lost to Miami, Chicago didnt lose to NY Jets, in fact they shut them out at home. NE Lost to Indy TWICE and Chicago had a much higher average margin of victory over Buffalo and Detroit. Both teams shutout GB once.
So actually, against common opponents, Chicago has the edge there as well.
So like I said, yep, NE managed to squeak by with a victory @ home after a 3 week road trip and didnt make it as far in the playoffs or win their conference championship.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
how'd chicago do in that 2nd game against the packers?

Additionally, Grossman’s four turnovers, zero passer rating, and press conference comments (where he admitted to being underprepared) drew criticism both from fans and the media as the Bears' regular season came to an end.
:plthumbsdown:

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
how'd chicago do in that 2nd game against the packers?

:plthumbsdown:
When Rex threw a grand total of 12 passes and the starters played 2 quarters after having wrapped up homefield throughout? That meaningless game, you mean?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
if you are gonna dimiss meaningless games, than meaningful games (ie, playoffs) should be the determining factor, no? how'd the pats and bears do against common opponents?

oh, and i love this tidbit:
The game ended on a Corey Dillon fumble which gave the Bears one final chance to drive down field which ended with QB Rex Grossman throwing his 3rd interception of the night to CB Asante Samuel.
btw, nice avatar.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
if you are gonna dimiss meaningless games, than meaningful games (ie, playoffs) should be the determining factor, no? how'd the pats and bears do against common opponents?

oh, and i love this tidbit:

btw, nice avatar.

I think "meaningless" applies to games in which you dont care or not if you win. These are demonstrated by whether or not you play key players, you know, starters for instance. Of course, NE didnt have that luxury this season. They didnt make the SB either.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Actually as far as common opponents go, both lost to Miami, Chicago didnt lose to NY Jets, in fact they shut them out at home. NE Lost to Indy TWICE and Chicago had a much higher average margin of victory over Buffalo and Detroit. Both teams shutout GB once.
So actually, against common opponents, Chicago has the edge there as well.
So like I said, yep, NE managed to squeak by with a victory @ home after a 3 week road trip and didnt make it as far in the playoffs or win their conference championship.
pats crushed the Jets when it counted, in the playoffs.

pats beat the vikes on the road by 24; bears squeaked out two wins against them (3 in Minn, 10 at home).

pats played detroit once, chicago twice (of which one of those games was an outlier from the pats result).

i'm going to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.