Quantcast

Balfa out of biz?!

tartosuc

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
montreal
Here's the deal,

Balfa is not out of business yet, but they might be soon...

As you probably already know, Procycle bought balfa 2 years ago, Jerome, Fed (co-fouders of balfa) were fired last year with money compensation. the thisrd co-fouder of balfa (Mr Moisan, i forgot his first name) The balfa buisiness was going fine, they moved theyre factory from montreal to bigger facilities in Boucherville on the south shore of montreal.

One or two month ago we have learned that balfa will only produce frames from now on...

A few weeks ago all the balfa employees were fired and the production was move to St-george the beauce were the procycle factory is...

Rumors are that the Balfa name will probably die beaucause procycle also owns Oryx and Rocky mountain who are also in the dh/freeride business and are distributed on a bigger level, a third name for them means less buisiness for their bigger brands.

The second rumor is that we will probably see a cheap taiwaneese version of the bb7. or use the reputation of the name Balfa to produce cheap bikes.

the third one is that procycle will stop producing frame at the end of 2005....

All the riders in the province of Quebec are ashamed of the way Procycle is dealing with Balfa and a protest movement is on. Balfa was a company for the riders by riders, now its a big corporate buiness with only $$ in mind...

With none of the original devoted employee's in place at balfa, it's just not the same spirit.....B]The spirit is gone, balfa is gone.[/B]

Even if no official comment were released by procycle on this situation, everybody agrees to say that balfa is already dead.

Like i said, a protest movement is on, we know that riders can't do much against big corporations but we have two suggestions show unhappyness about the situation.:

1- most of the balfa owners in quebec will removed the stickers with balfa name on their bike, and another part of the riders will replace their stickers with a R.I.P one or add a small R.I.P one beside the balfa name...

For those of you who want stickers, a file is available at the adress below, just get some made close to you...
(copy and paste)
http://www.dhracer.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=1;t=275;st=30

thanks

Attachments