Quantcast

Band reviewed by Entertainment Weelky

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
I was sitting at the bar getting ready to eat dinner at this swanky joint we played on Sat and the guy next to me struck up a conversation about the band... turned out I was having a conversation with a writer from Entertainment Weekly, they were in town to see a few local bands and we were one of them. He was a nice guy didnt fit in either... the place was full of douche bags in $900 suits and women in $400 mankiller spiked shoes.

BTW when I say this was a swanky club I mean it was extra swanky... Basil Haydens Bourbon was one of the cheapest on the menu and my dinner consisted of 4 small fillets of perfectly cooked medium rare steak stuffed with spicy blue cheese sitting on a bed of lettuce and tomatoes with little bits of diced mango and tomato strewn about the empty sections of the plate for decoration. $20 for the meal and $8 for the drink... glad I didnt have to pay for it :rolleyes:

Anyway, I guess we (and 3 other Tulsa bands) will be getting a write up in EW some time in the coming weeks.