Quantcast

Bar-H DH race Saturday March 1st ... Observed Trials too !

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
Mark your calander. Saturday March 1st there will be a DH race at Bar-H, 80 miles north of Dallas/FortWorth.

There is a flyer in .pdf format on www.dorba.org
Bar-H web site: http://www.barhbreaks.com/

There will be much more information coming in the weeks to come.

I will not be racing. Instead, I am organizing the DH portion of the race. It will be very professional & organized. I've secured a great title sponsor, www.topkoat.com They are an excellent bike frame powder coater and making big waves in the MTB community. Details to come.

Sincerely,

Joel Hester

trialsmasta

Monkey
Oct 19, 2001
Austin TX
I'm going to have to ask the same question I did last year, who's building the trials course? Who ever is organising it has to do trials and DH at different times, cause I know at least 3 people me included that would like to do both. Last year was off the hook. Hopfully buy then I will know how to jump.

dirTrat

Chimp
Apr 1, 2002
North Texas(Wichita Falls)
Sorry 'bout that!

here is my real question.

were is the DH course located there at Bar-H. Ive ridden there a couple of times, so I'm kinda familiar with their trails. Would love to try to ride the course before the race.

Thanx for any info
dirTrat

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
Steve Hile is running the trails event. He has run the trials event at Bar H in the past. He did a great job on the course and everyone has a great time.

As far as the DH course. It is my understanding that Bar H is cutting brand new course for the DH race. I guess they are very busy working up there cause I still have not talked to them personally. There are 2 work-day weekends planned between now and March 1st so we will know more then as to what Bar H has in store with us.

Sincerely,

Joel

maggotbrain

Chimp
Dec 24, 2001
atx
i can prolly only go to one race in march.should i go to bar h or comfort?which will be more fun and have a beter show of riders?

Bike Mojo

Monkey
Jul 14, 2001
San Antonio, Texass
Originally posted by maggotbrain
i can prolly only go to one race in march.should i go to bar h or comfort?which will be more fun and have a beter show of riders?

Tough call.

These are the two races not to be missed in the spring series. If I had to decide between them..... I don't know....

Both are 'events' with multiple races;

Bar H
Combined Sport/Expert Time Trial on Devils Backbone
Observed Trials, always fun to watch.
Downhill, new in '03
XC race, on a great course.

Comfort Stage Race
Time trial (Beginner, Sport, Expert classes)
Expert Dirt Crit
Downhill (Beginner, Sport, Expert classes)
XC Race, on a great course.

mcdurly1

Chimp
Dec 8, 2001
Austin, TX
wow..... that is the longest downhill course I have ever seen. really though..... what is the run gonna be...... minute and a half... less or more?

trialsmasta

Monkey
Oct 19, 2001
Austin TX
I can't make it, sniff sniff. I'm going to be out of town. Don't forget your digital cameras, I think Steve said he built two ramps so people can temp fait by launchin over one of the car sections. Last year I think Joel and a couple other people built a ramp and where doing the same thing. Bar H definitly has the hills so I'm sure the DH will be off the chain, as well as the trials sections.