Quantcast

Beacon Bomber Roll Call

DHRacer

The Rev
Oct 8, 2001
Well, since Rhino seems to be still sleeping this morning, i'll get this started for him...

who's going? :)

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
Nada, but most of the team will be and in our new threads! (finally)

Although I am back on the bike, I am not up to race ability, still going to wait until Winthrop but my girl and I will be there for sure.

Budman

Chimp
Nov 14, 2003
Seattle
I will be there... Im so pumped.. Got some good practice in yesturday at 38 so that was good.. Hope to see you all at the race..:D

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
I'll be there with trailhacker on Saturday doing the xc race.

I'm going to bring both bikes so after I walk the course I might get some balls and race the DH too.

crash13

Chimp
Dec 19, 2003
Lake Stevens, WA
i'm signed up and ready to go. i just need to get a little time on my big bike this week before i go. i was feeling a little uncomfortable yesterday on it since i've been riding my hardtail all month.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
*Achoo!*

Sorry, spent all weekend in the dust of my clubs desert race..... Got to ride a little bit and help pull downed out bikes through a river on Sunday. It was dry and dusty......

ANyone know if Beacon is real dry yet?

Rhino

DHRacer

The Rev
Oct 8, 2001
Originally posted by mplutodh1
Nada, but most of the team will be and in our new threads! (finally)

Although I am back on the bike, I am not up to race ability, still going to wait until Winthrop but my girl and I will be there for sure.
i know what you mean man, i'll be the one armed camera bandit this weekend :thumb:

Tuff*Stuff

Chimp
Jun 23, 2003
North Bend
66 and I were up there this weekend and it was a bit dusty. There were quite a few people up there. It was a good time.

Oh and I am in for Beacon.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
i'm going to check it out, i never have been before, and am looking fwd to trying my skills at a DH race. anyone else riding a hardtail?

Earthmover

Chimp
Feb 25, 2002
Terra Forma
Yeah, I'll be there, albeit sandbagging in the Sport class. I think it'll be my only NORBA race this year, and it's just not worth the $$ for the annual license to race Expert once. Unethical, maybe, but to compensate, I've been working hard at not riding my bike. Should be about right.

Originally posted by Earthmover
Yeah, I'll be there, albeit sandbagging in the Sport class. I think it'll be my only NORBA race this year, and it's just not worth the $$ for the annual license to race Expert once. Unethical, maybe, but to compensate, I've been working hard at not riding my bike. Should be about right.
You don't have to buy an annual lisence to race expert this year. But if you want your points to count towards the final...you do.

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Freak and I will be there with my mom in tow :D After Freak breaking his arm at Beacon last year I never thought she'd want to watch us race again :eek:

DHRacer

The Rev
Oct 8, 2001
Originally posted by Five
I'll be there too.

Hey DHRacer - how's the collarbone? When do you think you can ride again? See ya at Beacon.
Hey Five, it's okay... it's still sore at times, especially in the mornings. and there's this funky pain in my Trazepius muscle that runs down behind my shoulder into the Deltoid:( i go back to the docs on the 26th for more xrays and if everything looks okay, talk about PT. i still have a couple of tennisball size numb spots on my spine, no feeling there at all. and overall the muscles of my back and ribs are still a little sore sore. They told me that my back would take the longest to heal... i didn't believe them at first, but i'm a believer now! hahaha.

as for riding/racing... i'm shooting for Chelan at the earliest... but realistically, i'm thinking probably more liek Squilchuck. :(

DHRacer

The Rev
Oct 8, 2001
Originally posted by Velocity Girl
Freak and I will be there with my mom in tow :D After Freak breaking his arm at Beacon last year I never thought she'd want to watch us race again :eek:
Beacon has taken it's toll on our team, hasn't it? :think:

Earthmover

Chimp
Feb 25, 2002
Terra Forma
Originally posted by PsychO!1
You don't have to buy an annual lisence to race expert this year. But if you want your points to count towards the final...you do.
I'll talk to them at registration. I just don't want to pay an extra $50 for one race. Open class may work too (I can take an ass kicking!)

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
I'm headed up (and over) for the race! First one in a long time so get your cameras ready! There are sure to be many comical moments while I'm on course!

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
Originally posted by DH Diva
I'm headed up (and over) for the race! First one in a long time so get your cameras ready! There are sure to be many comical moments while I'm on course!
It will be great to see you again Carrie!

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
oh man i'm so ready for this one.....i still won't have a big bike to ride but i'm going to keep rockin the DH HT SS to the max

Originally posted by Earthmover
I'll talk to them at registration. I just don't want to pay an extra $50 for one race. Open class may work too (I can take an ass kicking!)
This is from the round and round site....

"If you are a PRO or EXPERT or wish to contend for the regional, state or national championships you must have an annual license.? Annual licenses are $50 for adults and $35 for juniors 18 and under.? All WIM registration fees are an additional $5 for riders not holding an annual NORBA license."

Sooo, yeah, it looks like you'll need a full lisence to race expert. I think that goes against NORBAs policy, bit not sure. More research :-)

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Originally posted by PsychO!1

Sooo, yeah, it looks like you'll need a full lisence to race expert. I think that goes against NORBAs policy, bit not sure. More research :-)
Nope, R&R is correct. If you race Expert or Pro you have to have a annual license...no one days for Expert and above.

DHRacer

The Rev
Oct 8, 2001
Originally posted by Freak
It will be great to see you again Carrie!
definitely! it's been a LONG time, it'll be good to see out there again.

kai, you're funny.

TurkeyJerkey

Chimp
Aug 8, 2002
WA
do you think my bike could take it...never been there before.....? anyone think it would be a bad idea who has been there before?

?:confused: ?

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
Originally posted by TurkeyJerkey
do you think my bike could take it...never been there before.....? anyone think it would be a bad idea who has been there before?

?:confused: ?
unless you have a 20 year old huffy 10 speed, DUI style, you are fine. if that's the setup, maybe go around the big splats.

that said, what do you have?

TurkeyJerkey

Chimp
Aug 8, 2002
WA
Originally posted by 66
unless you have a 20 year old huffy 10 speed, DUI style, you are fine. if that's the setup, maybe go around the big splats.

that said, what do you have?
i have a Specialized FSR Extreme, w/ a Judy fork
what are the levels to enter in?
like is rec sport pro?

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
add a helmet and you are set.

for the cats, they break down like this. man-woman, beginner-sport-expert-pro, 18 and under-19to29 - 30to39 - 40to49 - 50+. then there is Open, and HT.

just go out, pick the sex you like, your age and beg or sport. you will have a good time.

TurkeyJerkey

Chimp
Aug 8, 2002
WA
Originally posted by 66
add a helmet and you are set.

for the cats, they break down like this. man-woman, beginner-sport-expert-pro, 18 and under-19to29 - 30to39 - 40to49 - 50+. then there is Open, and HT.

just go out, pick the sex you like, your age and beg or sport. you will have a good time.

Where in sam hell is this Race?

Earthmover

Chimp
Feb 25, 2002
Terra Forma
Originally posted by Snacks
Nope, R&R is correct. If you race Expert or Pro you have to have a annual license...no one days for Expert and above.
Any input on whether an annual liscence is needed to race Open class?? I wouldn't think so, but ya never know...