Quantcast

Beacon Race-IMPORTANT!!!

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
Today I met with a guy from the Parks Dept and a representative from a local movie making company called North by Northwest. They will be filming some big hollywood production movie in the Beacon/Camp Sekani area for a 3 week period in May. They will not be shooting the weekend of the big race, but their stuff will be there...and will take up about half of the parking lot that you have had in the past.

We don't think this will cause much of a problem but we need everyone to cooperate as much as possible. The parking will be a little tighter, so carpool if you can. Even if you can ride together from a hotel or whatever. There will be NO CAMPING what so ever. There will be 24 hr Security on site so don't plan on poaching a spot. If you had your heart set on camping, PM me, I might let you pitch a tent in my backyard.

Lastly, please, everyone stay away from the movie production stuff.

Anyone violating any of the above requests will be forced to remove their seat before the race and ride with seatpost only!:dead:

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
Judging by the fact that it is North By Northwest that is doing the production, it's probably a drama made for TV. Could be a movie that is being produced by them about a guy returning home from Iraq.