Quantcast

Beacon ridable????

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
its been really nice latly, and the trails havent turned to sand yet. ill probably be out there on saturday. we're building a few sick lines on the ridges above the picnic area (where the big wood kicker used to be.) you should check some of it out, theres a drop, a hip, a table top, and a big ol' step up, that are all new. ill be riding my new transition t.o.p., its white.

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
dirtjumpP.1 said:
its been really nice latly, and the trails havent turned to sand yet. ill probably be out there on saturday. we're building a few sick lines on the ridges above the picnic area (where the big wood kicker used to be.) you should check some of it out, theres a drop, a hip, a table top, and a big ol' step up, that are all new. ill be riding my new transition t.o.p., its white.
I'll be up there with a few of the Pullman guys on Saturday.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
its depends on what you want to eat. there's davids pizza, and petes pizza which are both sort of close, and really good. theres some other stuff to, what were you looking to eat?

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
There's a little Mexican place that's got awesome food about 2 miles from the parking spot. Kay's is a little bit further away, but has got the best teryaki that I've ever had.

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
Kanter said:
70% rain on Sat, DARN. I just dont want to drive 3-4 hours (oneway) to ride in the rain.
Just started raining here (Spokane, Northside) about an hour ago...and coming down pretty good. Unless it stops anytime soon, everything will be real wet. Sorry for the "rain on your parade!":nopity:

sad panda

Monkey
May 5, 2005
I just got the free built up and will be there rain or shine on both sat and sun mornings (maybe afternoon pending hangover).

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
we'll be doing some trail work up there on sunday morning, on the XC course above the old archery pit. We'd love you have you join us, or just stop by and say "hi". Mostly, we'll try and have the zone marked so there aren't any surprises when you come around the corners....

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
It was more like 2, and it was on and off. Basically, it was an awesome day. You should have been there...

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
somebody put up some pics...you're all such teases telling us how great beacon is this year yet no pics. come on now

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
Where are these rumors coming from? If "stuff" is going to get torn down, it'll be the new ladder drop.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
My buddy HOW lives in Spokane and said he heard they were tearing some things down this week. He rides with Mike Metzger and Paul B.

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
Ahh. It wouldn't surprise me one bit. Metzger and a couple other guys built a lot of the stuff up there without permission, and there's all kinds of drama about building legally up there right now.

You going to be up there for the race?

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Not sure, I havent had much time on the new bike yet. But it just happened that I have a vacation that week. We might have to take a pit stop on our way to Canada.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
Has anybody ridden beacon on a hardtail. I'm thinking about entering the blowout but I don't now if my hardtail will cut it.

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
bent^biker said:
Has anybody ridden beacon on a hardtail. I'm thinking about entering the blowout but I don't now if my hardtail will cut it.
Your hardtail will do fine. I'm pretty sure that you can do everything up there on a hardtail. I'm also pretty sure that everything up there has been done on a hardtail. I was thinking about bring both my big bike and my hardtail up there next time I ride (not this weekend, but the next).

Beacon + hardtail = good times.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
Radarr said:
Your hardtail will do fine. I'm pretty sure that you can do everything up there on a hardtail. I'm also pretty sure that everything up there has been done on a hardtail. I was thinking about bring both my big bike and my hardtail up there next time I ride (not this weekend, but the next).

Beacon + hardtail = good times.
:stupid: beacon is pretty smooth, so a hardtail isnt tat bad, plus its easier to push to the top.:rofl:

sad panda

Monkey
May 5, 2005
Beacon is great for hardtails. I've had a blast on mine up there, and there are usually several running around every time I've been there.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Are you guys getting the rain like we are? We got almost 2" in one day. It was some record.

How are the trails? Ours are 2-3" of mud and water.

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
I don't know about Spokane, but Pullman got rained on yesterday, but today it is just partly cloudy. FYI, the dirt up at Beacon is mostly gravel. It won't hold water for more than a day or so.

We're going up there on Saturday again next weekend. I'll probably hang out there on Sunday and do some climbing at Minnie, weather depending. Maybe ride a bit, I dunna know.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Radarr said:
I don't know about Spokane, but Pullman got rained on yesterday, but today it is just partly cloudy. FYI, the dirt up at Beacon is mostly gravel. It won't hold water for more than a day or so.

We're going up there on Saturday again next weekend. I'll probably hang out there on Sunday and do some climbing at Minnie, weather depending. Maybe ride a bit, I dunna know.
Ha, that reminds me of the good old days when I used to bike to Beacon, hit the XC trails, then boulder at Minnie. One of the very few things I miss about Spokane :(

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
Kanter said:
Are you guys getting the rain like we are? We got almost 2" in one day. It was some record.

How are the trails? Ours are 2-3" of mud and water.
i road today, and it was a bit damp from rain yesterday and dizzling this morning. it was really nice tho, and nothing was torn down :)

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
dirtjumpP.1 said:
i road today, and it was a bit damp from rain yesterday and dizzling this morning. it was really nice tho, and nothing was torn down :)

I talked with my buddy and it was only a walk through. They are making the decision on what to tear down now.

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
geargrrl said:
if you guys are referring to the three hour walk though with #1 parks guy, I was there, what do you want to know?
What's staying and what's leaving up there?

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
short answer - He didn't say anything was coming down ( to us) but.....there are a few buts. There were are whole lot of "yesses" too, it was a very positive meeting.

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
^^ that is definatly positive sounding. if the city wants to tear anything down, ask them if there are ways we can fix it and make it up to code first. A lot of the riders worked really hard to build that stuff and would like to keep it there.

Kyle,

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
thom9719 said:
^^ that is definatly positive sounding. if the city wants to tear anything down, ask them if there are ways we can fix it and make it up to code first. A lot of the riders worked really hard to build that stuff and would like to keep it there.

Kyle,
The only problem is that it is mostly illegal to build up there.

That being said, when are we going to finish that huge road gap?