Quantcast

Beech Mountain DH and DS Qualifier

d.tate

Judge Dread
May 22, 2007
It is my understanding that there will be age classifications for Cat 1, Cat 2 and Cat 3 dual slalom at Nationals. Those age classifications can be found on the USA Cycling website.

Jun 4, 2008
Pisgah
Thanks Talia for keeping an eye on this thread and being open to feedback. Just have a logistics question. With people camping for three or four days, would it be possible to get some of the restrooms opened? It would be really nice to have access to some running water so we dont have to bathe at the bikewash. At a large event like this it doesnt take long for the portajohns to turn to complete funk. Much more sanitary,and there are people out there with certain health issues. Thanks for your concederation.

OldSkool

Chimp
Nov 4, 2009
Fletcher NC
Thanks for updating the results. I am a Cat 1 45-49 and still listed in with the young whippersnappers in the 40-44 category though. Eddie Roberts license #100769. Trust me, I need all the help I can get too. Thanks

beechmtndh

Monkey
Jun 5, 2010
Bathrooms...
Sorry boys and girls, but we are using porta johns for the events. If the bathrooms in the cafeteria are finished by then, we may open those up. We are supposed to be remodeling them. Basically the set up for nationals goes as follows: parking lot 3 will be overnight primative camping, 2 will be expo and team, and 1 will be general parking. We will have porta johns in each parking lot, every teir of the resort, near the slalom, on the summer road and more at the top of the mountain. I am using triple T, because they literally come out to clean and service each unit, daily. They are also providing pumping services for anyone with an RV. I do have access to some bathrooms on site, if someone is extra stinky I might be nice and let them use mine. I realize the need for water, we will have some hand washing stations. I will see what we can do, to open up more bathrooms. As of now, we will jsut have the mobile units, but I can assure you they will be clean, and serviced, and they will service RVs at no charge. I think we have a total of 60 portable restrooms. I will let everyone know about the cafeteria...
oh and if you pee in the woods, try not to let the old people see you, I have been fielding phone calls all week : ) I will try and provide more restrooms, if everyone can try and use them rather than outside.

Jun 4, 2008
Pisgah
Thanks again T . It is obvious that you are doing everything in your power to accomidate the needs of all. Can hardly wait untill this whole thing gets rolling full tilt boogie!!!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
FYI, one hose for several hundred riders will be a nightmare of a bike washing station. I know you know this already, but I've been to a National with one hose and wasn't too fun, so I gotta toss that out there..... :D

beechmtndh

Monkey
Jun 5, 2010
Its in teh requirements that I have to have multiple stations. Dont worry.. we will get it worked out for you. I think we will have one in the village, one behind the beech tree, and one in front of beech tree. I will let you know for sure.

Str8Dwn

Chimp
Dec 4, 2001
ATL
Do we have an ETA for the results to post on USA Cycling for the DS? The DH was posted almost immediately. See you guys again in a few weeks.

d.tate

Judge Dread
May 22, 2007
Still looking for the results of the Dual Slalom to be added to the USA Cycling website. I want to register but can't until they are posted. Is there anyone we can contact to check on this? I suspect there are more than a few people waiting for these results to be posted.

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
I guess somewhat along the lines of DS results I tried to send an email to the link at the bottom of the results page for the DH race to report missing info but i haven't heard anything back and nothing has changed..

The results from beech don't list my usac license #. However my name is listed in the qualified list for nationals also with no license # attached to it.

Basically when you try to register for nationals it says don't be a dumbass and register for a race you aren't qualified for or you will lose your money. But i don't get how it is supposed to work when I have my name on there but nothing to tie that name to it being me.

Should I just call some USAC representative and tell them whats up, and if so who? I don't wanna send out 60 bucks and then get there and have some issue come up.

DaveBethea

Monkey
Jul 22, 2009
Daytona Beach,FL
Still looking for my name to show up on USA Cycling for DS. Cat1 30-39. I see names in Cat1 19-29 that have qualified from Beech, No qualified riders in the Cat1 30-39 class. It would be nice to be able to register. Time is closing in, the Championshipm will be here before you know it....The results for Cat1 men are all mixxed together with the Cat1 juniors and Cat1 19-29. It would be nice if you guys could get this straightened out!

Last edited:

beechmtndh

Monkey
Jun 5, 2010
Everyone, I just started a new thread about the events at nationals. Take a look when you get time. Thanks, T

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Anyone with a nice discount have any tires they wanna sell. hopefully brand spanking new, and something good in the mud I.E. hillbillys or some sort of cut down mud tire.
I got NEW:
Comp 32 2.8
Comp 16 2.5
Comp 24 2.5
DH mud 2.3

bizutch@gmail.com :thumb:

And no, I am not factory. All my tires are courtesy of a hard working group of friends that built good relationships over a decade with DH product managers. I've paid out of my pocket as much as any other rider.

I'm so old school, I am certain I know the name of the product manager who coined the phrase "2 weeks". :rofl:

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
I run into him once a week in my neighborhood getting in a short road ride. He took care of us well!!! To bad he is no longer in the 2 wheel group. His heart is still there, just in another group making more $$$ now.

Top Notch guy!!!

Cecil:thumb: