Quantcast

Beech Mountain Ride Dates

clealan

Monkey
Mar 9, 2008
Fairview NC
I got the email too. I think they use the email list from Bikereg, that's the only way they would have mine. I had heard rumors there would be awards for the 3 race series, but this was the first official word I had gotten. I moved up a Cat after Nationals (as did Chris Skolnick) so that will take us out of the running.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
I understand offering some (discreet) constructive criticism, but it really seems like we work hard to find something to bitch about.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to some Beech time this weekend!

Last edited:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I understand offering some (discreet) constructive criticism, but it really seems like we work hard to find something to bitch about.

Dude! Prizes for middle age men racing amateur is SIRRUS SIRRUS business. You didn't know!

(;) Just tell me what time to show up. Pin and grin this weekend.)

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Dude! Prizes for middle age men racing amateur is SIRRUS SIRRUS business. You didn't know!

(;) Just tell me what time to show up. Pin and grin this weekend.)
I'll see you guys on Sunday. Daughters got a travel ball tourney in Grey, TN across the mountain Saturday. Gonna ride up in the GutBomb Tactical Assault Convey w/ Colonel Clealan.

Did I mention....Buy my brand new Boxxer World Cup.:think:

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
I'm pretty bummed about DS.. Non-collegiate slalom races are few and far between and they're a ton of fun.

But the weather here is looking uncharacteristically good for a Beech race. Should be sunny and in the upper 60s.

NZRipper

Chimp
Jan 28, 2007
Charlotte, NC

It's for their own good (and ours!), I'm not sure why you would go to so much trouble building a Mountainbike park and a race series then forget to tell people about it!

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
When Beech announced the official race dates several months ago, I immediately burned these dates onto my calendar. Since DH races are still so rare in the SE, it wasn't too difficult for me to remember when the actual race dates were. It's about like Santa Claus advertising X-mas in case it might slip my mind. FWIW, I also received the email, which is equal to or perhaps more than I got from Snowshoe in years past.

I'm sure everyone on here has sage advice about promoting/running an DH race event, but perhaps you could mention it to Talia in person or via an email. But again, I don't think it's too unreasonable to take on the task of figuring out when (posted) race dates are. My 2 Lincolns.

Last edited:

trap121

Monkey
May 26, 2011
Same here, once I heard the dates it was a done deal for me.

I've been registered on bike reg since the first race and didn't get a "special" email but I don't care. That's why I come on here. Im just grateful for all Beech has done and continues to do.

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
I'll see you guys on Sunday. Daughters got a travel ball tourney in Grey, TN across the mountain Saturday. Gonna ride up in the GutBomb Tactical Assault Convey w/ Colonel Clealan.

Did I mention....Buy my brand new Boxxer World Cup.:think:
Thats ^^^^ awesome!^^^^^^^^^^^

shuttle full.jpg
A normal day for team Gutbomb!

inside.jpg
^^A view from the belly of the Gutbomb!^^

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
If you are not superstitious like Chuck Pitts, please put your number plates on when you register on Saturday, so I know who is who in the photos. I'll be out on the course all day Sat and Sun.

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
I wanna see some of you guys pin the sh&t out of the berms on the begineer course (hint, hint, Eric Vest). The camera will be watching.

trap121

Monkey
May 26, 2011
Does anyone racing tomorrow have a set of brake pads for avid xo I can buy? I think the elixers will fit too. There is still some life left in my old pads but my lever pulls almost to the bar and doesnt stop the rear wheel. they were just blead a few days ago. I'm hoping new pads will help. If not, are there ant bike mech's that can give me a hand?

Sugar_brad

Monkey
Jun 20, 2009
Trap, I have plenty of brake pads you can have(assuming you have X0 and not X0 trail). Sounds like you have sticky caliper pistons. Did you lube the pistons when you bled the brakes? Sometimes elixirs come from the factory with a little too much dot grease that causes the pistons and master cylinders to stick. Sram is super helpful when it comes to warranty or I would be glad to look at them for you tomorrow. I will have all of my tools with me in my truck next to ski patrol at the top of the mountain if you need a hand.-Brad

trap121

Monkey
May 26, 2011
Trap, I have plenty of brake pads you can have(assuming you have X0 and not X0 trail). Sounds like you have sticky caliper pistons. Did you lube the pistons when you bled the brakes? Sometimes elixirs come from the factory with a little too much dot grease that causes the pistons and master cylinders to stick. Sram is super helpful when it comes to warranty or I would be glad to look at them for you tomorrow. I will have all of my tools with me in my truck next to ski patrol at the top of the mountain if you need a hand.-Brad
Thanks for the offer Brad! I ended up rigging it up to get me through my run. Wasn't the most ideal situation but it worked.....temporarily

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Great race--I too am wiped. Fun course (my legs may disagree with me on this one), fun riders, perfect weather, well organized yet again. Can't wait for next year. Huge thanks to the whole crew at Beech!!

clealan

Monkey
Mar 9, 2008
Fairview NC
Thanks to Beech Mountain and everyone involved for making these events possible, and thanks to everyone who showed up for making it a great event and great season. See you all next year!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Results submitted to USAC are off though. Age group splits are incorrect. Times don't look messed up, just ages. Hopefully that gets hashed out.

I feel like a giggly little school girl today.

0110-M-P

Monkey
Jun 1, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Results submitted to USAC are off though. Age group splits are incorrect. Times don't look messed up, just ages. Hopefully that gets hashed out.

I feel like a giggly little school girl today.
Yep, shows me in 35-39 age group when I should be 25-29...time is correct though.

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
Kristian mentioned to me he was going to try to get them corrected, not sure if that meant through Beech or direct through USAC himself.