Quantcast

Beech Mtn Resort 2013 - Park and Race Info Thread

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Today was fine despite getting rain Friday. Everything has been worked on from the past weekend's destruction so it all drained off well. It rained earlier tonight but it should still be fine. It holds up good when there aren't 150 people bangin out runs in the rain.

rcramer

Chimp
Jul 31, 2013
Hey everyone...does anyone know if it is cool to camp near Beech...looking to camp one night over the weekend. Looking for an option other than the regular campgrounds. Thanks,

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Had a great time out there Saturday. The constant rain has certainly made some of the old lines sketchy and opened up some others. I am still torn for my favorite way down. It is a toss up between the top of the AM track to the paved road over to the Pro course, or the new Expert line (first right) and the Pro course all the way to the bottom. That rock garden after the paved road is just too much fun. Any shorter and it wouldnt be that tough, any longer and I would probably die by coming to a complete stop falling over and left for dead.

Its certainly coming along thanks to Beech for having lift assisted riding thats just a day trip for me.

Ps... Lunch was a chicken sammich with a decent beer for $14. A similar meal at Canyons on the way home was about the same price. Seemed fair to me. Now if they would just put a water fountain or something at the top or bottom of the lift.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I hear ya Rob. I was up there Sunday and Beech is the best thing to happen for gravity riding around here ever. Fast lift and great trails, and the fact that they are building and planning on building a lot more makes it even more awesome. It is great to see so many riders out there supporting it as well, and that will only get bigger as the trail network expands and offers up something for everybody. Stoked on it for sure.
Also, there is a blue water pump right outside the doorway of where you buy your lift ticket. I just take a water bottle over there and keep refilling it throughout the day.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
I just take a water bottle over there and keep refilling it throughout the day.
I just tipped well for lunch and kept going back to the bar for water every couple of runs.

A good looking waitress that served the patio tables wouldn't be a bad addition either :thumb:

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
I think I commented no less than 10 times yesterday as to how insanely awesome it is to have a bike park close by. Beech definitely has the terrain and they seem to be doing an excellent job at running the park.

Also, FYI the bike patrol is top notch as well. I wish I didn't know that information though.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Hey guys, the track for race #2 is built and ready to ride. It is going to be the AM track to the road, then continue across the road the to the tabletop, then a wide sweeper turn in the slope to the right and back into the woods on an old section of trail which will bring you to the end of the Pro Track rock garden. It will follow the Pro track to the bottom from there, same as the last race.

Weather dependent, there will also be a new section of trail ready to ride this weekend up top. It is a Blue trail that splits off the beginner trail about 150 yards in from the top. It uses the first little bit of trail that Ryan Taylor built a while ago for a race track, but turns right off of it into a couple berms and a banked rock slab and back into the beginner trail to the road. Should be a fun little option instead of having to ride one of the race tracks to the road, which gets tiring after 10-15 runs in a day.

DaveBethea

Monkey
Jul 22, 2009
Daytona Beach,FL
Price Gouging seem's to be the new thing with lodging at Beech Mountain now. Last year I could get a place at Holiday Beech Villas for $175.00 for two nights, now it's $280.00 no matter what realty company you go through. They actuaiiy even charge you an extra $25.00 for reservation fee..:rolleyes: :thumbsdown:

Last edited:

trap121

Monkey
May 26, 2011
Price Gouging seem's to be the new thing with lodging at Beech Mountain now. Last year I could get a place at Holiday Beech Villas for $175.00 for two nights, now it's $280.00 no matter what realty company you go through. They actuaiiy even charge you an extra $25.00 for reservation fee..:rolleyes: :thumbsdown:
I've found the same thing. Ive stayed in the same villa for the past two years up there 135 for 2 nights...now the cheapest I can find 260-300 for 2 nights...it really sucks

DaveBethea

Monkey
Jul 22, 2009
Daytona Beach,FL
Yeah, I was lucky enough to find a studio 1 bed & fold out couch to stay for 79.99+tax for Sat. night at 4 Seasons. All booked for Friday.

Last edited:

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
I noticed that the Best Western in Banner Elk raised their prices. Last year we paid just over $100.00, now it's $150.00 per night.

DaveBethea

Monkey
Jul 22, 2009
Daytona Beach,FL
AppState move weekend? Or Bristol NASCAR Race?

Gotta be one or the other.
It's all about the money!! I've dealt with Melissa at Beech Mountain Realty for years, but someone in the family got sick and they sold the business. Sad to see ever who bought it now has jacked the price up.

FloridaFish

Chimp
Apr 8, 2009
They seem to fluctuate based on the season and weekend activity. I never saw it at 150 though, that's a bit steep.

Sugar_brad

Monkey
Jun 20, 2009
Nice vid Dave.I only wish the weather will be like in your video but it doesn't look like it will...

beechmtndh

Monkey
Jun 5, 2010
They seem to fluctuate based on the season and weekend activity. I never saw it at 150 though, that's a bit steep.
A two bedroom at the pinnacle is 106.00 for one night. She said that two nights is cheaper. A two bedroom typically has one queen, two twins and a sleeper sofa, or two queens, two twins and a sleeper sofa.

They will usually cut you a deal if you ask.

T

cmscheip

Chimp
Mar 1, 2009
Registration opens at 9 Saturday...is that when lifts will fire up also? I am looking to just ride for funsies.

Thx...good luck to those racing!!

Last edited:
Yeah, I was lucky enough to find a studio 1 bed & fold out couch to stay for 79.99+tax for Sat. night at 4 Seasons. All booked for Friday.
I've always stayed at Four Seasons. Most of the time they give us riders a bit of a discount on the rooms if you mention that you are there for the race. Usually it's been $69 or $79 for the past few years.
For the race a few weeks ago they were booked up and gave me one of the suites for $99. They also recognize me when I walk in from staying there for ten years. As long as you don't trash the room or get it all muddy, you can keep your bikes in there too. I left two beers in the fridge, so if you find em...probably won't but never know.