Quantcast

Beech Update

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Results from the downhill today are in!
wow...1st place in Cat 2 would have been 3rd in CAT1 and 8th in PRO....
yay for arbitrary licensing rules with USAC :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i still haven't figured out how i had such a crappy time with a clean run. i've NEVER done that bad. too much messing around on course i guess ;) looks like i'll have to redeem myself at the next race.

DS was a blast, even though i was unable to intimidate my way up the ranks with the cobra ;) love that course...so fast and bermy :thumb:

i snagged a few pics from the post/during DS dirt jump session and some DS randoms. the whole album is here Lees McRae DS-Dirt Jumps pictures by sempertubby2 - Photobucket

noah getting some up's on the DJ's :thumb:

Jun 4, 2008
Pisgah
Ah, The way the brackets worked out just went right over my head,my bad. Sorry to rant. Thanks for all your hard work to all involved in putting on this event. It was well done. Really nice to have a slalom events in the south this year. Really cool to see everyone coming out to support.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
FYI, this all will get hashed out once the DH'ers and DS'ers in the region get some race time in and see where we all stack up against each other. It's been several years since we all raced in those categories. It'll all work out for you.:rofl:

i snagged a few pics from the post/during DS dirt jump session and some DS randoms.

Moobs :bad::

Last edited:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
FYI, this all will get hashed out once the DH'ers and DS'ers in the region get some race time in and see where we all stack up against each other.
after the time i pulled i can't complain ;), i got to ride a fun trail ALL DAY for $40...so it's a good deal for me :thumb: however, unless USAC grants CAT1 status after 1 race it won't get "hashed out" because of the stupid USAC requirements to move up. it's not like some fast weekend warrior showed up, thought he was just average, blew the class away and just decides to do the right thing and move up next race. that would be the right way to do it but that fast rider has to request an upgrade, hope that it's granted, and pay the license fee. why not just eliminate that roadie BS and do a day license for all classes (for those of us that only hit a few races per season it's cheaper to buy the day license). pro should be the only class that you have to earn, imo.

and as always...the GROM kids were KILLING it! :thumb: :thumb:

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
however, unless USAC grants CAT1 status after 1 race it won't get "hashed out" because of the stupid USAC requirements to move up.
All it will take is a quick upgrade request to the local USAC rep. Whether or not he chooses to go that route is up to him though.

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
HTML:
i still haven't figured out how i had such a crappy time with a clean run.
i've NEVER done that bad. too much messing around on course i guess ;) looks like i'll have to redeem myself at the next race.

DS was a blast, even though i was unable to intimidate my way up the ranks with the cobra ;) love that course...so fast and bermy :thumb:

i snagged a few pics from the post/during DS dirt jump session and some DS randoms. the whole album is here Lees McRae DS-Dirt Jumps pictures by sempertubby2 - Photobucket

noah getting some up's on the DJ's :thumb:
HTML:
I know what you mean. My run was better than all three of from last year by far, and only did 3 seconds faster. I felt confident I was going to be in between 2:35 & 2:40. When the times were posted I went to the cooler for a beer right away:(

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I talked with Dan about this. There is so much learned from racing and a good racer always learns something in victory and defeat. I have done some runs at Windrock where I timed myself. I can tell you from actual data, feeling fast and being fast are two different things. Josh, I can give you a few pointers from what I have learned over the years the next time you come up to Windrock. If you want.

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
I talked with Dan about this. There is so much learned from racing and a good racer always learns something in victory and defeat. I have done some runs at Windrock where I timed myself. I can tell you from actual data, feeling fast and being fast are two different things. Josh, I can give you a few pointers from what I have learned over the years the next time you come up to Windrock. If you want.
Always looking to gain some knowledge. :cheers:

danennis

Chimp
Aug 29, 2009
brevard
Totally, i think figuring out what you did right or wrong is one of the most fun parts about racing. Its so hard to put the whole weekend together but when it goes right the reward is worth it, and if it doesn't it gives you a clearer idea of what to work on specifically for the next race. Its all part of the fun, and def listen to everyone around you and ask a ton of questions. Its an awesome crowd at the races with a ton of knowledge.

jekyll991

Monkey
Nov 30, 2009
Belfry, KY
Does the offer extend to anyone? :D I could use some advice if you don't mind next time I'm down, though honestly the biggest thing holding me back isn't so much skill as confidence, and it's hard for me to push it in my race run without trying to follow people who are faster than I am. I guess I need to start playing the pretend announcer/crowd cheering in my head like back when I was kid on my dirt bike :rofl:.

Last edited:
Does the offer extend to anyone? :D I could use some advice if you don't mind next time I'm down, though honestly the biggest thing holding me back isn't so much skill as confidence, and it's hard for me to push it in my race run without trying to follow people who are faster than I am. I guess I need to start playing the pretend announcer/crowd cheering in my head back when I was kid on my dirt bike :rofl:.

Dude just show up and the locals will gladly show you the lines.
I'll be back weekend after next but my lines are sketchy.......:D

jekyll991

Monkey
Nov 30, 2009
Belfry, KY
Dude just show up and the locals will gladly show you the lines.
I'll be back weekend after next but my lines are sketchy.......:D
It's not so much knowing the lines, it's how to carry speed through while maintaining control that I need work with.

Also the formulas on the new rig done WAY to well of a job of slowing me down at beech. I need to put the hayes sole/nine from my reign on there so I accidentally go fast.:rolleyes:

I might try to come down then too, but no hucks to uphill for me. :rofl:

RideDad

Chimp
Aug 28, 2009
Chris Herndon won Pro and Reid Dressler won Cat 1 Juniors. Not sure about the others. In the interest of full disclosure, Reid is my son.

beechmtndh

Monkey
Jun 5, 2010
Sorry it's taken so long to post, I've been out of town, and today is the first I've had internet access.

Pro/Open Men
Chris Herndon
PJ Noto
Danny Cesaer
Dan Ennis

Cat 2 19+
David Medina
Same Edgemon
Chad Banner
John Choldbaum

Junior Junior
David Dressler
Noah Barber

Cat 2 18 & Under
Andrew Ingram
Ethan Quissenbery

Women Cat 1 19+
Caroline Westray
Erica Banner

Cat 3 18 & Under
Cameron Garrison

Cat 1 Junior
Reid Dressler
Jay Fesperman
Will Obrien
Nathan Swartz

Cat 3 Mixed
Diego Ramierz
Ryan Storm
Jacob Waylor

As soon as I re-sort the regular times I'll have a full posting and be able to get it on www.skibeech.com

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Yeah, I've got a ton. I had all the DH ones edited and ready to upload, but just sat down to do it and my laptop's screen shat the bed. I've got everything backed up though, so hopefully I'll have it worked out in a couple days.