Quantcast

Being that I'm a selfish p***k

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I didn't read the thread. Can you honestly say your head can make it all the way through one of Knuck's threads??? When he quit ranting, we should have just banned him. :D
After reading his threads for 4+ years, you tend to get the hang of it.:busted:

I actually hold a Bible and holy water when I read his threads.

BikeMike

Monkey
Feb 24, 2006
#1 thing people building huge houses don't consider is how much time they're going to spend keeping it clean/picked up/kept up. And for what? For wasted space? whoo-hoo. For prestige? how fulfilling. It's certainly not for functionality or efficiency. A moderately sized efficiently designed space provides functionality 100 times that of a gargantuan mansion. But whatever...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
I speak often to a woman that had Hodgkins Lymphoma. She died for 45 minutes and realized during her death that the cancer was an illusion. That it was the belief of others including the doctors. She initially accepted that as her belief but during her death realized that it was an illusion. Now I can't quite comprehend what she means as being in that state is quite different. She awoke and not a single cancer cell was in her body.
reminds of wise words Jack Handey once said:

"Dad always thought laughter was the best medicine, which I guess is why several of us died of tuberculosis."

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
What I would get w/ some extra cash:

Kick ass sewing machine. Like a used industrial straight stitch machine with a walking foot. The kind you can practically sew sheet metal with.

Tig welding rig. Maybe a Miller Syncrowave 200 or a Maxstar 150 - http://store.cyberweld.com/mitigwema1503.html

Theremin - http://www.zzounds.com/item--BIGETHERWAVE

Mini bench lathe - http://www.grizzly.com/products/G4000

Pedicab - http://www.pedicab.com/pedicabs.html

Animatronic Elvis Head - http://www.skymall.com/shopping/detail.htm?pid=102514742&c=10211&cm_re=HomePage-_-HP1A-_-AliveElvisWW264SHA

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I speak often to a woman that had Hodgkins Lymphoma. She died for 45 minutes and realized during her death that the cancer was an illusion. That it was the belief of others including the doctors. She initially accepted that as her belief but during her death realized that it was an illusion. Now I can't quite comprehend what she means as being in that state is quite different. She awoke and not a single cancer cell was in her body.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Why would you think it's jealousy?

7000 sq ft = more money to buy, more space to heat, more space to cool, more space to clean, more space to maintain...

I don't envy people on 7000 sq ft houses. :think:
Yah know, some people prefer the finer things in life. Some people enjoy having the best of everything. Why not, if you can afford to do it, then do it. Seems like most here rather just get by and are content with where they are at and how they live. I'm with Knuckleslammer here. I'd love to be so wealthy I'd never have to work another day in my life (however I would still work, but doing what I'd really want to do). My goal is to be wealthy and afford to do everything and anything I want. I will achieve this goal!!!!

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Yah know, some people prefer the finer things in life.
Like respect, a good woman, happy kids, loyal friends, hot coffee, ridiculously loud music, jokes, blindingly beautiful sunsets, etc.

You know, all the things that really mean something that don't cost much if anything.

splat

Nam I am
Like respect, a good woman, happy kids, loyal friends, hot coffee, ridiculously loud music, jokes, blindingly beautiful sunsets, etc.

You know, all the things that really mean something that don't cost much if anything.
I don't know where you have been shopping but my "good Woman" is costing me a A fortune!! and the Kids ain't to cheap either , both are in braces !

But the Entertainment of this thread has provided me today has been Awesome!

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Yah know, some people prefer the finer things in life. Some people enjoy having the best of everything. Why not, if you can afford to do it, then do it. Seems like most here rather just get by and are content with where they are at and how they live. I'm with Knuckleslammer here. I'd love to be so wealthy I'd never have to work another day in my life (however I would still work, but doing what I'd really want to do). My goal is to be wealthy and afford to do everything and anything I want. I will achieve this goal!!!!
There ya go chief. Why let the haters dictate how your life is going to be. You want to be a stinking rich SOB, go for it. I don't give a sh*t what anybody thinks. Obviously. Most people just automatically assume that people with money are a****s, but anybody that's ever rolled with me has seen otherwise. I always pay for everything, but I will steamroller over anything or anyone that gets in the way of my goal. Not to sound like a jerk. I don't mean that literally, but nobody is going to tell me how it's going to be, and I made a conscious choice to get out of modern day slavery and the debt system that enslaves you to it.

See, here's the key. I'm happy now. I got rid of most the crap I've owned. I've had 8 bicycles at once and 15 guitars. I wanted to burn all the crap. Now that does not mean I'm a hypocrit. It just means that I learned a valuable lesson. I am not defined by stuff, period. No matter if I live in a box or a MTV crib, I'm me and I'm happy. I'm not perfect, I get miserable daily, but I catch myself now and don't persist in that state.

When I was a hateful a*****e for the first 33 years of my life, I had nothing but physical and mental pain. I feel the need not to sway others to believe what I do any longer and have learned to listen more and not inject my opinion. All that does is take away from the constant state required to get where you want to be. For me it was as simple as remain a hateful pri*k and have nothing but bad crap happen over and over, or become a more caring and loving person that feels good and that is the state required to be in to do obtain a large goal in life.

This is why two people can open identical businesses side by side. One flourishes because of the kind hearted outgoing owner who expects success and the other perishes due to a hate the world type of attitude. Hate the world, hate yourself, simple as that. Most people as well don't really understand their core beliefs about money. This is obvious in this thread. I'm feeling a bit of tension in the posts perhaps because of where I'm at these days compared to 3 years ago. I once believed that anyone with more than a weekly check was a greedy bastard. That's a false belief, unjustified by any real world evidence. We're full of them. But most don't do the work to sit down and analyze their belief systems realizing that most of the beliefs we hold about a thing such as money aren't even our own.

So we go an pursue something considered outrageous but subconsciously we're at battle with ourselves because of the beliefs that we hold that are contradicting what we've set out to do. It's easier just to go home and sit down with a six pack and pizza and watch reruns of Benny Hill on Friday night. I've gotten pretty sick of the same day over and over. H8R makes a good point too. But for me, it's not about stuff, it's about personal freedom to express myself creatively. I was not creating anything as an IT idiot. I work best with my hands. I can sit for hours and hours with a guitar part until I get it. I can sit with a pile of wood and tools and make something magnificent. This is what I truly enjoy, not buying another frign bicycle.

G' evening.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
But for me, it's not about stuff, it's about personal freedom to express myself creatively.
like the creative statement a 7,000 sq ft house says. :busted:

I work best with my hands. I can sit for hours and hours with a guitar part until I get it. I can sit with a pile of wood and tools and make something magnificent.
a lot of manual laborers can afford those 7K digs.

of course, most of them come from sicily or medellin.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I don't know where you have been shopping but my "good Woman" is costing me a A fortune!! and the Kids ain't to cheap either , both are in braces !
Still cheaper than an enormous house and a Landraper SUV and all the other trappings most Americans seem to think makes a good life.

I rent a house, I drive a 10 year old Subaru and I can't afford an Xbox 360 at the moment.

I'm really happy though. Happy as a starving bear in a preschool.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
like the creative statement a 7,000 sq ft house says. :busted:

a lot of manual laborers can afford those 7K digs.

of course, most of them come from sicily or medellin.

Like I said man, need all that room for all my hobbies :D

I fully realize I am a contradictory bastard. I love myself.

Let's look at floor plan of 7k sq ft house. I don't think it's that big.
Now this is just one of a few I'm looking at. I don't really like the first floor plan that much. No closet for coats? I have 15 of them :D Just kidding, I don't wear coats.

Fulton

Monkey
Nov 9, 2001
Like I said man, need all that room for all my hobbies :D

I fully realize I am a contradictory bastard. I love myself.

Let's look at floor plan of 7k sq ft house. I don't think it's that big.
Now this is just one of a few I'm looking at. I don't really like the first floor plan that much. No closet for coats? I have 15 of them :D Just kidding, I don't wear coats.

eh, it's liveable. i guess.