Quantcast

Believe it or not, I really do ride.

J

JRB

Today Julie, Kevin and myself took a spin at Dana Peak Park. Not too technical, but some stuff Julie never tried before. Here are a few pics.

Julie and Kevin chillin for a photo op -

Julie making a climb she never tired before (the nice route around the ledge) -

Me dropping off the ledge (not too much of one really, but it is really loose and there is another small one right past it. Makes going up it a little tougher since it has popped up to steal your momentum.)

Kevin dropping the ledge -

Me climbing the ledge (getting a little carried away. Turns out I could've bunny hopped it with this run) -

Julie on the verge of making this climb for the first time ever. Short and steep and loose -

Kevin being funny with a Roadmaster bike we found in the bushes with a bashed up wheel. It was just there -

It was a nice afternoon and Julie made great leaps in her skill progression today. :thumb:

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
Cool pics - I wondered what the trails looked like down there (in Texas) - I've only seen a couple of them around SA.

J

JRB

MMcG said:
Nice! cool photos!

How does Julie like her Razorback?

And how light is your Dakar?

Julie likes it well. She doesn't get the suspension set up well enough to set up/tell me what she likes on the SPV for the Skareb, but likes it well. I put a Float RL on the frame and she likes it much better than the Noleen. It's a nice light bike for her - like 24 pounds and some change. She has been happy and is started to get more daring as she rides. It is a pretty good bike for her.

The Dakar is nearly 27 pounds. I like it pretty well. It could be a little lighter, but I haven't raced in a while, so I don't really care. Works well for me.

J

JRB

Westy said:
What kind of tires do you use in all that loose rubbly stuff? My choice would be something big.

I am riding Vertical Pros, but think I am about to mount some 2.3 Weirwolfs with latex. I tried IRC Trailbears, which I liked, but the sidewalls were a little soft to run tubeless and they would roll bad. There is not a good tire for every trail here. Really loose at that place and the other place I ride is big loose rock every where. It's riding though.