Quantcast

Bellingham DJ Park

guasmoa

Chimp
Aug 23, 2002
Bellingham, WA
There was a great turnout there today. There was a lot of people out working and a lot of people riding. However there were still a bunch of people at the top of the mound just sitting there waiting to hit the jumps. Anyways, I was wearing the black dh zone shirt, and my names Alex. I plan on digging with my OWN shovel friday, sat and sunday. Its a lot of fun and work gets done hella quick with a bunch of people working. Anyways, hope to see you people out there. Whos the guy on this board with the green evil and the azonic recoil with 888s who was there today?

Transfer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Seattle, WA
Um, park isn't open yet. People should not be digging on the jumps.

Are there any plans for rules being posted at the park??? It sounds like it will be very necessary.

guasmoa

Chimp
Aug 23, 2002
Bellingham, WA
The park is unofficially open, however people should work on it, not ride. I was down there from 3-6 and there were tons of people building shaping and whatnot. There were a few guys hitting the jumps too. Youd be suprised how fast its all coming together. Anyways, I wasn't doing anything wrong. The college guy who is heading it was down there. Mark Peterson and the owner of Clarks Cycle were down there helping to shape the jumps. Anyways, i thought i might post that there are going to be volunteer work happening on Sat, Sunday. I just happened to drive by and see a sign posted asking for volunteers, and people asked me to help shape, so i was down to help.

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
guasmoa said:
Whos the guy on this board with the green evil and the azonic recoil with 888s who was there today?
that was me......whats it to you? :monkey: :D

who were you?

i'll try to help sunday morning before work too but i doubt i can.

guasmoa

Chimp
Aug 23, 2002
Bellingham, WA
I'm Alex, the kid with the Black DH zone shirt and the 01 Black Bullit. You gave me and my friend, Paul, the inside info on the true four bar linkage system.

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
Alright here to clear some things up.

First its not open, unofficialy or officially. There is no way to enforce the "no riding" right now but we are asking that you don't ride it because the jumps aren't shaped and there is a lot of work to be done.

Browse this forum, I have been keeping everyone as up to date as I can with this. There are work parties Saturday and Sunday starting at 9am going most of the day.

Today Ben and a few of his crew were out there at 4 working on stuff.

I am sure, if you talked to Ben and everyone they would tell you PLEASE DO NOT GO BUILD ON YOUR OWN! Join the work parties, this is the best way to get it open for everyone. There are plans to stick to and when people go out there thinking they are doing everyone a favor by doing their own thing, all they are doing is holding it all up. Contact myself or Ben if you want to go out and work.

The unofficial website has as many details as we can post so check it out if you have questions:

http://www.wwucycling.com/djpark
(as soon as we get hosting and a domain it will be the official site)

As for the "college guy who is heading it" eh well there is Ben, and me, and the WWU crew, not sure who you are refering to.

If you have questions let me know.

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
guasmoa said:
I'm Alex, the kid with the Black DH zone shirt and the 01 Black Bullit. You gave me and my friend, Paul, the inside info on the true four bar linkage system.

haha
yeah i talk a lot :rolleyes:
it was nice to see so many riders in one spot. I think this is going to be a great way to connect with new people to hit the trails with

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
HippieKai said:
haha
yeah i talk a lot :rolleyes:
it was nice to see so many riders in one spot. I think this is going to be a great way to connect with new people to hit the trails with
Yeah, so many riders in one spot where they shouldn't be quite yet. Keep them out until the time has come. I haven't even gone there yet with my bike.