Quantcast

best fork out there

zstyle_22

Monkey
Jan 1, 2004
Centennial, Colorado
I just got my Manitou Dorado MRD X-works in and it is freaking awesome. If you just sit there and push on it, it feels like crap, but once you go out and ride it it doesn't bob and soaks up anything in its path. It's totally worth the price. If you can't afford that, go for the 7" dual crown sherman with spv. That is the next best thing.

johnbrittain

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Amarillo, Texas
Originally posted by willyboy8576
hey,

im doin a quick servey to see what yall think is the best double crown dh/freeride fork out there right now

post some pics also:cool:
Okay, before i answer your poorly worded question will, i must tell you that your question is like saying ''well i like real fast cars like porsche's, but i like big cars to tow things like a chevy, which is better??'' please think about your question and actually research... does the phrase ''search tool'' mean anything to you?? :D lol.....jk, i think the dorado preforms excellently in both the freeride and downhill areas, and would go good with the yeti. now if i only knew what the fvck i was talking about...:confused:

edit: /\ a simple joke among friends /\

Swine

Monkey
Jan 8, 2003
Alpharetta, Ga
newbs....gotta start somewhere i guess? there is no best fork, its all personal preforance. in my case its what is on my bike at the time and has already been paid for.

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
Originally posted by zedro
the best DC forks, listed in no particular order:

anything but Stratos.
Zedro im stunned, where is the witty and stupid suggestion, you are right though, id say: any fork not a Risse or Stratos. Personally id recommend a supermonster, and then i will machine you some crowns to raise the C-A height for the full chopper effect

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
2002 super T

A) because it's what I have and it's paid for
2) Dual HSCV cartridges
C) marginally heavier than a boxxer, lighter than a dorado or shiver.
D) Adjustable crowns (at least mine has adjustable crowns)
E) Comfortably straddles the line between freeride and racing.

Lumpy_Gravy

Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
The new mojo fork will be the best. God spoke to me and told me so.......and i saw the picture in dirt and it looks nice. 8"- 9" travel, now I dont want anyone saying they dont need 9" travel, just cos they are on 6" boxxers.

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Originally posted by Lumpy_Gravy
The new mojo fork will be the best. God spoke to me and told me so.......and i saw the picture in dirt and it looks nice. 8"- 9" travel, now I dont want anyone saying they dont need 9" travel, just cos they are on 6" boxxers.

any pictures of it available online?
nothing on mojo's site, or i am blind.

Lumpy_Gravy

Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
I saw the pics from the latest edition of Dirt pg 24, its only a profile picture though. But cosmetically they look very simialr to Avy's.

Inverted 8-9 inch travel
Ti bolts throughout
carbon guards
a gas charged chamber
at 7.4lbs

cost around £1,000 available early march according to Dirt.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The best fork ever created is in fact the spork. Great men can only dream to understand the spork, lesser men can be driven mad by it.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
With some of the responses I've seen here I'd say the mag 21 it had 2 whopping inches of plush travel!:rolleyes:(that is a joke as I hope the bombshell and mozos are). IMHO get a super T, Shiver, 888, Any marz. they work really well and need less work than other companies. Shermans also seem to hold up pretty good.:thumb:

Originally posted by Kornphlake
2002 super T

A) because it's what I have and it's paid for
2) Dual HSCV cartridges
C) marginally heavier than a boxxer, lighter than a dorado or shiver.
D) Adjustable crowns (at least mine has adjustable crowns)
E) Comfortably straddles the line between freeride and racing.
Heck yeah!!! Not to mention the tire clearance for a internse 2.7 tire......
and "cough" I paid for it "cough" what did i say?

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
A chilled salad fork.

These will give you the confidence to plow through balsamic vinagrette and lettuce like a knife through hot butter. Make sure its 4 prong though, 3 prong forks are a rip off:angry:

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by Ratfink
With out a doubt the best dual crown fork is the one that came stock on the 1970's Yamaha motocross bicycle.

Yamaha Bike on Ebay
I got one of those for Christmas '77. That thing f**kin ROCKED.

I think I can claim to be one of the first people on RM who rode a full suspension bicycle.

Mine was yellow though -

Like these: