Quantcast

Best pressfit bb converter?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I should also note this is needed for e13 cranks. 30mm spindle. Praxis doesn't appear to make such a thing. I might be forced to go the e13 route. Ie an actual press fit bb.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
whoa what frame did you get? get rid of the yeti?
i found a scott spark over on PB. 2013, was the last year it was available in 26". At this stage w/ 2 kids in daycare i gotta keep things on a budget, so i'm planning on transferring everything from the yeti. after my double disc herniation in my lower a few years back i can't comfortably ride a hardtail for xc. i'm planning on keeping the yeti, maybe mount it too the wall. it's a 2002 frame, and 26" so little resale value. also wanna hold onto because it was one of the last years that yeti made their frames in the US.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
word nerd, I'm with you. I've considered parting with the almost unridden evil to buy a project car and get some low end garbage for the three rides a year I do.

I know you hate the notion, but have you tried a 29er hardtail? The scott scale still remains one of the best bikes I've owned. If it were carbonium, I'd probably have kept it as the alloy hardtail was totally uncomfortable.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
the yeti has been collecting dust because it's a hardtail. i herniated L4-L6, so barring some sort of miracle, i'm probably giving up hardtails for trail riding for good. i mean, i CAN technically ride one, it's just no fun because of the back pain at the end of the ride, just not worth it. i'm going the upgrade route because with 2 kids in daycare, a whole new bike is out of the question for probably another 5 years. i've also got a really solid spec on the yeti right now.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I just use a hammer and a nylon or brass rod to tap mine out, just move back and forth so you don't get it cockeyed.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i've already got headset removers for 1-1/8 and 1.5. park makes a pressfit BB remover that looks almost identical to a headset press.