Quantcast

Best saddle ever

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Such a subjective question. Different butts like different shapes. For DH/FR I use the Azonic Loveseat, for road and XC I prefer the Selle Italia Flite Gel. Just about everyone I know uses a different seat, I don't think you can say any of them are the "best". :monkey:

Jesse B

Chimp
Nov 6, 2002
Central Coast California
Ahhh. . . the age old question. . . the answer to which the world may never know.

Someone needs to start a customized saddle company, where you send them a mold of your butt for analysis.

I ride a Terry, I forget the model, its a mens one, and I like it.

Loopie

Chimp
Nov 9, 2002
kamLOOPs, BC
Sure as **** don't make it "the best".....but I use a Fizik on my shuttle only RM7......works GREAT.....the few times I've ever touched it with my ass:D

SwisSlesS

Monkey
Jan 31, 2003
Home of the Massholes
I currently ride a Titec Berserker, which by the way is definitely *not* the best saddle ever. I used to ride a Specialized Body Geometry, and it was the best saddle I've ever ridden. So that saddle would certainly get my vote.

If you got the fund, or friends that have extras lying around, try every one that you can get your hands on. If you find one that makes your butt feel like it can stay on the saddle for another four hours after being on or six to eight straight, buy that saddle for every bike that you own and a case of extras just in case it becomes obsolete.:D :D :D :D

Mecannoman

Chimp
Mar 16, 2003
hovering
Selle Italia Flite Ti for road (w/out the stitching-hard to find now).

SDG for XC.

Brooks Team Pro for touring.

Saddle choice is subjective. I've sold customers 10 dollar saddles that they've been using for years!

I wouldn't recommend that 'saddle' that looks like two fist size cushions that move independently.

monkeywench

Chimp
Mar 26, 2003
movin' on...
I love the fi'zi:k Vitesse for road. The best road saddle for women I've ever used.
For touring: Brooks Professional
Mountain Bike: anything that's firm and not too wide.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
...but I run a small business out of my home that specializes in female-specific custom saddles. We design the Italian glove leather/Kevlar seats for each individual rider and at a cost of only $60 each. And no posterior molds are required! We are able to get all the data we need from 5X7 glossies of the back and bottom angle shots of the subjects' unclothed bottoms. PM me, ladies, for additional details on these fine quality FEMALE-SPECIFIC custom saddles.;) :D :devil:

Greg94

Chimp
Mar 25, 2003
So Cal
what has no one ever tryed the new Wtb's. I have a rocket laser ti on my 4 banger. Its fairly narrow w/ a drop nose so its great for technical stuff. Before i got this saddle i could never just hop on my bike for a stroll down to the 7-11 with out slaping some riding shorts on but now its no problem. w/ shorts on you cant even fell that you sitting down. It also looks bad ass. all leather and suede. You should check it out.